You might be aro if...

Robin

On 2/8/2021 at 6:10 PM, Skylord said:

You might be aro (and not necessarily ace) if you mistook sexual, platonic, or any other attraction for romantic attraction, then thought that you couldn't possibly be aromantic when you heard the term, simply because attraction makes no sense to you. 

On 2/12/2021 at 9:05 AM, Angrboda said:

For me, I suspected that I was Aro when I first heard it being discussed on YouTube. Then I asked myself, "Is that really what I am? But I still think that having some form of significant other might be nice." Then I asked myself the really big question. Why? I came up with 3 answers right away. 1: Sex. 2: As a safety net in case something went terribly wrong. 3: Convenience, so that we can each do the chores that the other one is bad at. I then sat there for 20 minutes trying & failing to think of a 4th reason.

On 2/27/2021 at 4:34 AM, Aimee03 said:

I’m aroace and honestly, looking back on my life, I’ve confused other forms of attraction for sexual and romantic attraction simply because I didn’t know any better. I just assumed that’s how everyone else also felt.

On 5/19/2021 at 4:24 AM, StanEvelynn said:

PLEASE whenever I play this I just go in order of who I would want to have sex with most->least. Most = marry cuz I can have it more than just the once and down from there lmao

On 6/20/2021 at 6:15 PM, roboticanary said:

YMBAI your relationship advice can be summed up as spinning a big wheel with the words 'talk you morons' and 'run away' written on it.

On 8/20/2021 at 2:00 PM, Burgundy Ashe said:

YMBAI your relationship looked like friends being friends

YMBAI you're playing truth or dare and your friend keeps asking you how you really feel about them and you don't understand why.

YMBAI someone has feelings for you and you feel confused as to why, not flattered. 

On 9/2/2021 at 5:23 PM, hellphrog said:

Shit makes sense now

YMBAI you just read through this whole thread because you couldn't figure out wether you're actually aro or you just "haven't found the right person yet"

On 9/4/2021 at 3:41 PM, nonmerci said:

You might be aro if someone told you "you recognize LOVE when you feel it" and you still have no clue what it is, because you never felt it and so never recognize it.

On 9/11/2021 at 1:42 AM, FragileDear said:

You might be aro if you once googled what the purpose of dating was

On 9/25/2021 at 11:35 PM, such said:

you might be aro if you've ever just looked at the least unappealing person in the room and thought... "do I have a crush on this person..." "do I...?!" 

(no. the answer was always no.)

On 10/10/2021 at 11:20 PM, Kiera the kiwi said:

YMBAI how you describe your ideal relationship sounds a lot like how you describe your ideal friendship

On 3/3/2022 at 10:26 PM, TheCloudyEnd said:

YMBAI you didn't realize people actually took relationships seriously until you were like, 17.

On 10/21/2021 at 10:19 PM, JustMe said:

YIMBAI if your best friend gets a strong crush and you are thrilled and confused because you don't understand their behavior at the same time

Most of the thread, but these are the ones from the last page or so that stick out.

YIMBAI - You have to ask a good friend what having a crush/being in love feels like, and to try not to use cliches or exagerate, because you've been certain for years that everyone was just doing just that.

• Like 5

• 1 month later...

YMBAI you've googled "am I in love" multiple times and still have no idea what that actually means

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/4/2022 at 7:37 PM, MaikeruSapphire said:

YMBAI the things you want in a platonic friendship and the things you'd want in a romantic relationship are the same things

That is, before you have the awareness to consciously decide that you don't want a romantic relationship.

In junior high, I remember answering some questions from my English class about what I'd want in a romantic partner. I was confused, so I wrote down exactly what I'd want from a good friend (all the while feeling uneasy at the thought of me having a romantic partner!).

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/9/2016 at 12:03 AM, DannyFenton123 said:

YMBAI you found kiss scenes in the middle of action completely stupid. Like, why are you kissing right now when zombies are about to kill you?

Or having a discussion about your relationship in the middle of a car chase? That's one that always gets me laughing.

On 4/9/2016 at 5:13 PM, PerformativeSurprise said:

YMBAI you can't flirt to save your life.

Hell I can never tell when I'm being flirted with!

• Like 3

On 6/30/2022 at 8:47 PM, SkyTuneRein said:

...posting on Arocalypse is romantic enough for you.

I'm just imagining someone in a fancy restaurant, candles, glass of wine in hand, posting random nonsense in the arcade. Its a good image.

• Like 4

On 7/1/2022 at 9:47 PM, roboticanary said:

I'm just imagining someone in a fancy restaurant, candles, glass of wine in hand, posting random nonsense in the arcade. Its a good image.

You know, I do go to restaurants by myself on a semi regular basis, I might need to take y'all on a date for the next one

• Like 3

ymba if you can’t understand why you’d date w/o sex/when you can be or already are friends

ymba if “they wouldn’t care that much unless it was a crush” annoys the sh*t out of you

ymba if you hate+/dread dating

• Like 2