Do you wear glasses?

Zema

Do you wear glasses or Contacts?  

30 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So, do you wear glasses or contacts? If you do wear glasses or contacts are you shortsighted or longsighted? I'm intrigued to know how many of us wear glasses or contacts. If you'd like, feel free to discuss why you prefer to wear glasses over contacts or vice versa.

I personally don't need glasses, which is odd because both my parents are shortsighted and wear glasses. Is it possible I will need glasses in the future?

2 hours ago, Zemaddog said:

I personally don't need glasses, which is odd because both my parents are shortsighted and wear glasses. Is it possible I will need glasses in the future?

Same here. Though when doing eye test some years back I saw that my ideal vision is with glasses of 0,25+

That is so little that it's basically nothing but maybe it has or will change to more.

At what age did your parents get glasses? For mine it was very early. Maybe if just make sure to eat our carrots? ;)

1 minute ago, Holmbo said:

Same here. Though when doing eye test some years back I saw that my ideal vision is with glasses of 0,25+

That is so little that it's basically nothing but maybe it have or will change to more.

I've never taken an eye test so I can't quantify how good my eyes are. I can see far enough that I don't need glasses though (in my opinion). Interestingly enough, the nearpoint of my eye is roughly 13cm, which is half of what is considered "normal" (google tells me the nearpoint of a normal eye is 25cm).

My eyes are awful. It has gotten to the point where whenever I get an exam, the doctor asks if I've thought about lasik. Sure, if you have the thousands of dollars I don't currently have. 

4 hours ago, sarcastic kitten said:

And I'm very short-sighted. Like, 'can't see clearly at more than 20 cm' short-sighted.

Is this hyperbole? Cause if not, I really want to know what the nearpoint of your eyes are O.o. I thought my dad's eyesight was bad cause he can't see more than 2 metres in front of him.

5 hours ago, Zemaddog said:

10 hours ago, sarcastic kitten said:

I wear glasses and contact.

And I'm very short-sighted. Like, 'can't see clearly at more than 20 cm' short-sighted.

Is this hyperbole? Cause if not, I really want to know what the nearpoint of your eyes are O.o. I thought my dad's eyesight was bad cause he can't see more than 2 metres in front of him.

I know you weren't asking me, but since I also can't see clearly at more that 20cm(it's really more like 15), I figured I'd answer anyway. But for nearpoint for me, it's about 5cm.

1 hour ago, Shroomie said:

I know you weren't asking me, but since I also can't see clearly at more that 20cm(it's really more like 15), I figured I'd answer anyway. But for nearpoint for me, it's about 5cm.

And I thought my nearpoint was close O.o. I take it you have to wear glasses or contacts for everything then?

3 minutes ago, Zemaddog said:

And I thought my nearpoint was close O.o. I take it you have to wear glasses or contacts for everything then?

I mean, I'm not really going to run into any posts or anything(at least not more than usual... I'd say I run into posts about the same proportionally with glasses and without), but it's pretty blurry. If I want to really be able to see more than just a general shape, I need my glasses or to be reeeaallyy close. Even when I'm just trying to read a book or something without my glasses, I can have trouble because it's too far, and it's pretty inconvienent to have to move the book around closer to my face so I can read it properly.

So that's my long-winded way of saying yeah pretty much.

I wear glasses, longsighted.
I don't wear contacts because I wouldn't want to have that stuff in my eyes and I just like wearing glasses better. 3/4 of my family wear glasses~

Also, finding new frames is hell. They never have exactly what you want and when the people there want to "help" you choose it just get's super awkward. Especially when you go against their recommendation and take a different pair......

11 hours ago, Zemaddog said:

Nah, I wished It was hyperboled, trust me.

So the nearpoint of my right eye is - 4 diopters (it's worse than a 1/10 eyesight) so I think it's about 5-7 cm

And the nearpoint of my left eyes is 1-diopters, so it isn't as bad as the right's one.

I'm nearsighted, wear contacts, and have an astigmatism in both eyes. The astigmatism is worse in one of them. I think my overall sight is worse in that eye, too.

I had to start wearing glasses when I was 7. Switched to contacts when I was about 24. Contacts have been 100 times better. I almost forget I'm wearing them during the day. With glasses, especially when I was little, I kept breaking them. The first time I had them, I would walk into walls. It took a while for my brain to get used to it, and my depth perception was off. They were always dirty, too. Fogged up easily. The parts behind my ears and on my nose were always uncomfortable, and often painful. Haven't had much of an issue with contacts.

58 minutes ago, Lie-RennyValkyrie_ said:

I don't wear glasses i actually have pretty good vision, even in the dark.

Someone once asked me if i was why i wasn't wearing glasses though because they seemed to think that all 'nerds' wear glasses.

2 minutes ago, SamwiseLovesLife said:

I find this hilarious.. like being smart/geeky = poor vision..?

It's probably because a lot of the time in like tv shows and movies, nerds are shown to be wearing glasses. It's just a stereotype. Don't worry, I'm a certified nerd™ and I don't wear glasses.

I have hella astigmatism in both eyes and really can't cope without glasses. Without them I tend to see everything slightly double, and can't read writing that isn't right up against my nose or pick out people's facial features unless we're stood together at conversation distance. The only times I take them off is to shower and sleep. I even shelled out last summer for prescription sunglasses as well as new regular specs, because I really don't want it to get much worse.

I got glasses about 14 years ago and used to hate them but now I think they make my round face look a bit more defined and pleasing. I'm super squeamish about eyes, so I can't do contact lenses and laser correction is just my idea of nightmare fuel. :gasp:

My true problem is ocular cataracts. The left one is so bad that that eye sees only vague areas of light and dark. But, yeah, I've been nearsighed since I was a kid, and have worn glasses since then.

I'm short sighted and wear my glasses all the time. I think my eyes are quite bad... if I take them off things even just in front of me are quite fuzzy looking, and when I was still in high school, before I even realised I needed them, I got lost in town once, and ended up trying to ask a bin for directions... :$ :facepalm:

Archived