Squish Thread!

Spud

This was always so adorable on AVEN so I thought I would start one here.

Name below your squishes on people in your real life or even (*gasp*) on someone in Arocalypse.

If you're uncomfortable naming someone, you can always PM someone and have them anonymously post it of course ;)

You can also post anything relating to the topic of squishes or what your thoughts are on them in here. Or adorable pictures of animals. Whatever.

Ice cream before everyone starts:

:icecream: :icecream::icecream:

I go to college with and play tabletop and live action RPGs with my squish.  In our 7th Sea game, I am the seven foot, pseudo-Scottish bodyguard to her pirate captain/part-time prostitute.  It's pretty lit; her character is being hunted by a vengeful witch, and my character is probably going to end up taking a bullet for her.

You could also say this thread is adAROble :P

I've had a number of squishes and this is the first person I've had alterous feelings for, because it doesn't feel platonic or romantic. Ive known her for 7 years but we've become a lot closer this year. She's beautiful, witty, sarcastic and artistic. I've been sensually attracted to her for quite a few months and I've recently developed aesthetic and alterous feelings for her. It's all a bit much :arolove:

Last week we got drunk and I convinced her to give me a massage: good decision.

4 hours ago, Generic Clown said:

I go to college with and play tabletop and live action RPGs with my squish.  In our 7th Sea game, I am the seven foot, pseudo-Scottish bodyguard to her pirate captain/part-time prostitute.  It's pretty lit; her character is being hunted by a vengeful witch, and my character is probably going to end up taking a bullet for her.

Sounds awesome!

My squish and I also like to role play, but I've yet to meet them in RL

It still feels weird calling them a "squish" for a friend I just really enjoy spending time with

5 hours ago, Generic Clown said:

Wonder how many drama dice that might be worth.

Might have something like a squish on my best friend of nearly ten years. Though I'm not sure I like the way it sounds to call her that. It almost feels too... complicated for a relationship that I'd like to always be simple and effortless.

Since I posted the thread, I guess I'm obligated to post here too...

So I've only had tiny squishies before. The only one I can think of now is kind of cringe-inducing looking back. But I *think* I had one on this kid in a lot of my classes for the past three years. It made me kind of confused. I also had one on this other kid in third grade and I thought it was a crush. *oopsie aro moment*

I don't really get them too often honestly. And if I do, they're usually kinda tiny. I do want to be friends with most people I meet, but I wouldn't really count them as squishes. So there ya go.

Also, here's a picture of a cute kitten:

Spoiler

2e366e25a6db58254389d398d55943b6.jpg

awwwweeee these are all adorable............... well i only have one deep squish at the moment. I had one on @Zemaddog and @Acciuga  too & now we're best friends so we'll see how this other squish goes!! 

oh and i like @Spud's potatoes too. they're so adorable!! :arolove:

If I've interacted with you and you left a good impression, I probably have at least a little squish on you. So that's most of you. Yes, you. I platonically love you! :arolovepapo:

Obviously, if I don't know someone beyond their name, I won't have any feelings towards them but if I have seen someone around and approve of how they interact with people, I will generally develop an admiration and desire to become close(er) to them. I often feel disconnected from other people because of a combination of this constant desire to be closer and my inability to do so most of the time. The few times I have, those people have become my best friends; the ones I know will be my friend no matter what. That said, I still desire to be closer with my best friends.

Also hav cute birb

cafb188db146c684cbaf300c1817d076-dadavp5

20 hours ago, brsajo said:

If I've interacted with you and you left a good impression, I probably have at least a little squish on you. So that's most of you. Yes, you. I platonically love you! :arolovepapo:

Obviously, if I don't know someone beyond their name, I won't have any feelings towards them but if I have seen someone around and approve of how they interact with people, I will generally develop an admiration and desire to become close(er) to them. I often feel disconnected from other people because of a combination of this constant desire to be closer and my inability to do so most of the time. The few times I have, those people have become my best friends; the ones I know will be my friend no matter what. That said, I still desire to be closer with my best friends.

Also hav cute birb

cafb188db146c684cbaf300c1817d076-dadavp5

Similarly, I have a nasty combination of a desire to be closer to people and crippling social anxiety. I didn't realise how bad it was until last night when I was getting closer with my squish and I was overcome with anxiety and an inability to speak for over an hour :facepalm:

But anyway I'm so glad I met you this year and I'm sure we'll stay close for a long time! :hugs:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Huge squish right now on a close friend who is also a pianist (and he has a crush on me which low key scares me). The squish(/crush) began on both sides when we discovered that we were the only two INTJ's in all of our friend groups (since then we barely need to explain ourselves, we get each other like we were in the same head). I do intend to talk to him about the possibility of a QPR if the opportunity presents itself. Also, I do feel  aesthetic attraction towards him, he's classy af!

So earlier this week I learned that my squish, myself, and two other friends that we hang out with a lot together represent all four Hogwarts houses, which is pretty cool.  (Incidentally, I'm Ravenclaw and squish is Gryffindor)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

:D I had a squishy thing on my friend's old cat and it was (mostly) mutual! Sadly he passed away a few years ago, but she's planning to get another cat soon (and I get to take her to the shelter when she picks one! So excited!)

I squish on dogs rather a lot too :$ I just love animals... more so than other people lol 

I just have to say that it is so reassuring to know that I'm not the only one who squishes on animals. Back when I thought squishes were crushes, it made me very ashamed to feel that way towards animals and small children.   

• 2 months later...

My current squish is this girl at university. I couldn't help but notice that we have some things in common: once her hair was lilac (so she's into unusual hair colours, too), and she also enjoys reading books. She's the solitary type - she told me she reads books on her phone during the break and also during some boring lectures :p. I want to get to know her and befriend her. I approach her gently so she doesn't feel uneasy. We sit next to one another at a lab, and we have to do a project and the assistant said we can also work in pairs. So I asked her whether she'd like to be my project partner and she said yes :d. 

14 hours ago, Ice Queen said:

My current squish is this girl at university. I couldn't help but notice that we have some things in common: once her hair was lilac (so she's into unusual hair colours, too), and she also enjoys reading books. She's the solitary type - she told me she reads books on her phone during the break and also during some boring lectures :p. I want to get to know her and befriend her. I approach her gently so she doesn't feel uneasy. We sit next to one another at a lab, and we have to do a project and the assistant said we can also work in pairs. So I asked her whether she'd like to be my project partner and she said yes :d. 

That sounds nice.

On 06/12/2016 at 5:17 AM, Spud said:

*this is an unapologetic bump because I still love the idea of this thread, so here's a puppy to squish*

f039ba4e4f2829cd3b3c8a7cc3f5cdf8.jpg

I squish all puppies and small animals.. and big ones.. just animals in general.

Archived