the favorite aro icecream

curious what the gen. aro public’s favorite ice cream is so. tell me. mines mint chocolate chip/butter pecan (not together), but i’ve had some good honeysuckle and basil-avacado icecream.

• Like 1

Right now I’m in Italy. And oh my god this one gelato shop is like the best. It has really good chocolate flavored gelato.

back in the states however, I really like anything minty. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, nonmerci said:

But also salted butter caramel... I don't know if you have that outside of France, but that's delicious.

There’s a salted caramel magnum that tastes amazing, maybe it is similar?

I love the Ben and Jerry’s caramel chew chew, but I can only eat dairy when my bowels are having a good day so my favourite safe choice is lemon sorbet :)

It depends, by itself, mint choc chip is awesome, but you cant go wrong with vanilla to be paired with something else. I do also agree with the votes for lemon sorbet though.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, roboticanary said:

Does lemon sorbet count? I have no idea what the difference between sorbet and icecream are. But something sharp like that is so goooood.

I did also once have icecream which was nettle flavoured. That was good and fits in with aro greenness.

absolutely sorbet counts! (not all of us can eat dairy after all) and holy crap nettle? thats so cool! where, what did it taste like? was it steeped, blended in or both?

27 minutes ago, Sili said:

you cant go wrong with vanilla to be paired with something else.

YESSSSS a good vanilla is the besssstt. part of why i like butter pecan so much, they (on average) use more vanilla flavoring than regular vanilla

8 minutes ago, Erederyn said:

avocado, and caju (cashew apple)

what company had those? that sounds sooo good!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tyledgarlic said:

absolutely sorbet counts! (not all of us can eat dairy after all) and holy crap nettle? thats so cool! where, what did it taste like? was it steeped, blended in or both?

tastes like wierd grass but with a sort of odd feeling on your tongue afterwards. If i remember right you grind them to a powder and mix them in.

also thanks, now i get the difference, no cow juice in the sorbet

4 hours ago, tyledgarlic said:

what company had those? that sounds sooo good!

The caju/cashew apple is from a Brazilian ice cream company called Maipu. And avocado I would get from a local paletero/popsicle vendor or an Asian grocery store (I think Magnolia was the brand). I've been wanting to try and make it at home, though, since they're not easily accessible where I live now.

Mint chocolate chip is my favorite too! I've truly found my people.

I also like vanilla, cookie dough, rocky road, fudge brownie, strawberry, sorbets... I'm not picky 😅

• Like 1

23 hours ago, roboticanary said:

Does lemon sorbet count? I have no idea what the difference between sorbet and icecream are. But something sharp like that is so goooood.

Sorbet is very simple and has only three ingredients: water + sugar + fruit. You just need to get the sugar / water ratio correct.

Ice cream OTOH is with ... duh, cream (or substitute).

21 hours ago, tyledgarlic said:

absolutely sorbet counts! (not all of us can eat dairy after all)

There is no way vanilla sorbet would work... 😆 In those cases I use cashew paste and coconut milk instead for 100% non-dairy ice cream. And it's even easier: no separating eggs or having to watch the temperature so it does not curdle.

Anyway my favorite ice cream is vegan mint chocolate stracciatella, because it (a) tastes great (b) is something unique and (c) is SO ARO.

Edited by DeltaV
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 7/9/2022 at 8:09 AM, AroAcedragon13 said:

cotton candy or cookies and cream. :)

Ooh.

On 7/15/2022 at 12:36 PM, SkyTuneRein said:

Mint choc chip would be good for demiromantics - aromantic until you find the concentrated chocolate chips that slowly melt/warm up to you.

Sounds great :D!

On 7/9/2022 at 10:38 PM, roboticanary said:

also thanks, now i get the difference, no cow juice in the sorbet

Cow juice 😳🤢😫

On 7/13/2022 at 3:18 PM, Harvest said:

I'm glad other people in this thread like mint :)

Also blood orange is pretty underrated.

Blood orange?

My favourite flavour would have to be Vanilla. But other flavours, like chocolate, mint chocolate chip, and dark chocolate are good too!

I like Baskin Robbins’ Love Potion #31. I also liked their blueberry flavoured ice-cream, can’t remember which one it was. 

Butterscotch is good, and so is pistachio. 

You can’t go wrong with kulfi!

• Like 1