What's the story behind your username?

roboticanary

Growing up, I played lacrosse (lax) from 2nd grade through 12th grade. I've always been involved with lacrosse since a young age. My brother still plays and my father refs. After graduating from high school, I've been a XC and track runner for the past 4 years in college. "Laxkid" was my first username that I can remember well. Despite not still playing myself, I still use the username sometimes when I can't think of anything else.

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

"Delta" came from the fact that it is my favourite greek letter as well as the letter D being one of my initials, while "lorian" comes from mandalorians, from star wars. I thought that put together, Deltalorian doesn't sound too bad actually.

• Like 4

I use psychotic_nonsense for my Instagram username. This is just a shortened version. As for the OG name, I just have a bunch of weird, random thoughts; a bit crazy, if you will. So it’s just nonsense, thus the name.

• Like 5

• 2 months later...

When I needed to start my first account that is not official. I think it was a gaming site or sth like that. I knew that I can choose other thing than my actual name. So being fully into anime at that time I decided to find some Japanese name that I will like. I wanted sth that will start on the same letter as my actual name but want be very popular and 'Mihiko' just sounded great.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 3/18/2022 at 5:57 AM, lovelyleaf said:

well it started out with Among Us lol. I really love the songs and the words lovely and anathema, and I used them both as Among Us usernames, and then I ended up sticking with lovely because I can do the fancy slashed o that twenty one pilots uses that's in danish and some other languages and then I started using it for other usernames and I like people calling me it so much that I made it my name everywhere, which is perfect cuz I was having issues with my first name and my middle name both making me feel dysphoric. So now everyone just knows me and lovely and it's great! Love it.

Coincidence much that Anathema is a song by Twenty One Pilots?

As for my username, well, I made to join a Discord server for Muslims called Straight Struggle. I was in a hurry, and had to finish quickly, so I thought of this name as quickly as possible. 

I like elements and elemental stuff, so I chose storm, and then leopardcat because I like mammals and wanted something native to my country, as a little identifier and to bring the animal and my country along with everywhere, as a little reminder and identifier. As for the underscore, I like using those everywhere!

• Like 4

My original username was "DeltaV": a term from spacecraft flight dynamics.

Aside from my aromanticism, INTP vs. INFP is seriously the big conflict of my life 😐.

I always hear that the Myers-Briggs test is unscientific. But at least it nailed that one, totally. Feeling vs. Thinking for me hovered around 50% : 50% for a long time.

And INFP won in the end.

So after using "DeltaV" for a long time, I finally changed it to "DeltaAro". Which fits me much better!

Edited by DeltaAro
  • Like 7

I watched Yuri on Ice and one of the Yuri's ate a piroshki and I was like damn...that looks good, I should try that at some point. Basically the food caught my eye, so yeah. The 101 part doesn't have much significance. So yeah, food is so fucking good.

Edited by piroshki101
  • Like 5

Welllllllll around 3 years ago I created this character that I thought was really cool. It was a ghost candle with not much background aside from the fact that it has to take people's souls and add them to its flame to continue "living". I decided that I needed a name for this character, and so the hunt began. I was looking all around the internet for names for around a week, being the indecisive little queer I am, when I found something. Tallow. 

image.png.ad8cfde188c0b6b565233a9c834a2dd1.png

It sounded cool, it meant something for my character, and it was original! I picked Tallow for my oc name (and my name for practically everything else), and I haven't looked back since!     (Wow that was dramatic-)

• Like 7

On 10/3/2022 at 1:02 PM, Storm_leopardcat said:

Doesn’t seem self-explanatory to me. I don’t get what it means?

He who mains Ness: Using the same character all the time in a game is ‘maining’ them. EGGHEAD uses Ness in the fighting game Super Smash Brothers the most.

CD09AC06-DECD-4A41-98BE-B27FC36F700D.png.b64936a0f11d136b7561d1ee4a1227a9.png

Edited by Nix
Added a photo
  • Like 3

• 2 months later...

I like elemental stuff (think Pokemon, Avatar: the Last Airbender, Fantasy magic, stuff like that). So, yes, that's why the storm part is there. As for leopardcat? I'm Pakistani, and wanted something recognisable as Pakistani, and wanted to bring a little of my country where I went. Plus, I like animals! I know leopardcats aren't well known, and they aren't only native to Pakistan, but I like felines!
As for the underscore? I simply like using underscores everywhere!

All of this happened when I was making my Discord account, in a rush, as a last-minute decision! So I had to do some quick thinking.

On 9/27/2022 at 10:40 PM, Storm_leopardcat said:

Coincidence much that Anathema is a song by Twenty One Pilots?

As for my username, well, I made to join a Discord server for Muslims called Straight Struggle. I was in a hurry, and had to finish quickly, so I thought of this name as quickly as possible. 

I like elements and elemental stuff, so I chose storm, and then leopardcat because I like mammals and wanted something native to my country, as a little identifier and to bring the animal and my country along with everywhere, as a little reminder and identifier. As for the underscore, I like using those everywhere!

HOLD UP. I already answered this?! Well, it is still interesting to see how different, yet similar my answers are!
By fantasy magic stuff, I meant series like the Magesterium series. I do like fantasy in general, also.

• Like 3

My name was completely made up for a game I was playing, and I decided I liked it so I started using it. So no real story behind it

Edit: My new username is partially from my chosen online name, and partially because i like nature, which is were evergreen comes from,  and i just randomly put true in front of it. 

Edited by TrueEvergreen
  • Like 3