Aromantic Moments

On 9/18/2022 at 9:12 PM, LIVI0 said:

completely ignoring the possibility that it might be a romantic one since confession means simply coming clean about something in general to you 

image.png.b3cd24d80a5183352de4d019e224873e.png

image.png.330113c0459ce73d95999901f122d361.png

Screenshot_2022-09-19_at_9.07.43_AM.png

If that ever happened to me, a billion alarms would instantly start ringing in my head, and my brain would be the equivalent to this.

image.gif.f6d696959bb4a2fec21b160786de478d.gif

Edited by SwiftySpeedy
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, SwiftySpeedy said:

If that ever happened to me, a billion alarms would instantly start ringing in my head, and my brain would be the equivalent to this.

image.gif.f6d696959bb4a2fec21b160786de478d.gif

I take it easier but if it’s irl it’s gonna be bad. I legit had a meltdown before but I think that I’d survive that. I mean I’d come off disrespectful possibly but I’d survive.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, SwiftySpeedy said:

To be honest, Romantics looking at this would probably think where insane lol.

Eh, probably. Tbh, they sometimes seem like the insane ones. 

46 minutes ago, HelloThere said:

Or when they randomly kiss in the middle of a fight. Like that one scene in pirates of the Caribbean where they marry as they’re literally fighting two large groups at once. It’s stupid, they both know they’ll live.

Yessss! It really is stupid. They're allowed to like each other. But staying alive and saving everyone takes priority over confessing their feelings. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Zariah said:

Eh, probably. Tbh, they sometimes seem like the insane ones. 

Yessss! It really is stupid. They're allowed to like each other. But staying alive and saving everyone takes priority over confessing their feelings. 

Oh my gosh yes. They talk about how not liking people that way is childish and then I see them go into some sort of depressive state when their partner looks at someone of the opposite gender for .5 seconds more than they’d like. XD

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, HelloThere said:

Oh my gosh yes. They talk about how not liking people that way is childish and then I see them go into some sort of depressive state when their partner looks at someone of the opposite gender for .5 seconds more than they’d like. XD

😂 They're all hypocrites.

• Like 1

Just now, The Newest Fabled Creature said:

Had an aro moment where I thought to myself, "The only thing that I want to romantically remember the outline of my body, is my bed."

I’m not entirely sure what that means…

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HelloThere said:

I’m not entirely sure what that means…

Don't know if you ever heard the saying of someone knowing the outline or body of their partner, but I just stating that I would only want my bed to "remember" that lol

• Like 1

Just now, The Newest Fabled Creature said:

Don't know if you ever heard the saying of someone knowing the outline or body of their partner, but I just stating that I would only want my bed to "remember" that lol

Ooooh. That makes a lot more sense now. Yeah the saying is definitely foreign to me, I’ve never heard it. XD

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, HelloThere said:

Ooooh. That makes a lot more sense now. Yeah the saying is definitely foreign to me, I’ve never heard it. XD

It is a saying that I don't see a lot anywhere and that stuck with me because of how it isn't said that much.

2 minutes ago, The Newest Fabled Creature said:

It is a saying that I don't see a lot anywhere and that stuck with me because of how it isn't said that much.

Yeah tbh I’d rather not share a bed with anyone much less the actual thing. I mean a high libido definitely messes with surety but almost all the time I’m generally on the NO side for that, nor have I felt that urge for any person irl.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, HelloThere said:

Yeah tbh I’d rather not share a bed with anyone much less the actual thing. I mean a high libido definitely messes with surety but almost all the time I’m generally on the NO side for that, nor have I felt that urge for any person irl.

I get that. My complete lack of interest in being with someone romantically, kind of lowered any intentions I could have with someone sexually.

2 minutes ago, The Newest Fabled Creature said:

I get that. My complete lack of interest in being with someone romantically, kind of lowered any intentions I could have with someone sexually.

I mean overall it sounds nice for others but for people the only relationship I could relate to was just the familial kind and I just carry that over to the romantic kind. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

When my cousin and my brother talked about their girlfriend and I was panicking, thinking of a way to get out of there, and I was thinking about that one Silverchair song about not falling in love.

A strong aro moment I tend to feel constantly, is like this psychological slap to the face whenever someone tries to ask me about my romantic life or if someone confides to me that they like me, or someone they know likes me.

It's a strange feeling. It feels like a part of me just shuts off tbh. I also feel it when people misgender me, too.

Edited by The Newest Fabled Creature
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

There have been times when characters in stuff I read or watch get together and people are like "I knew it! There was so much subtext and chemistry!" But to me it felt like it happened out of nowhere, and I thought it was just people's tendency to romantically ship everyone before it became canon.

• 2 weeks later...

when you're briefly startled whenever you're reminded people have romantic partners.  the particular moment i'm thinking of is when the guy i'm sleeping with mentioned an ex of his and i was like, oh right, it would be more surprising if he didn't have any.  but yeah it happens pretty much every time.  

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Reading upside down an asexual romance. I have never experienced romantic attraction affecting my heart rate or butterflies that could not just be explained by the fear of being vulnerable with someone weather they are a romantic partner or not. 

Like is romantic attraction just people being more vulnerable with a specific person than they would any other?

• Like 1

It took me a pretty long time to figure out I was aro, but it makes sense looking back. Like when there was a birthday party with my classmates and everyone talked about their crushes. I couldn't contribute to the conversation at all.

• Like 3