Aromatic =/= Aromantic

Not sure where to put this but if you go and check the aromantic subreddit someone posted about a perfume buisness. If that isnt a perfect example of why we need more visibility I don't know what is.

I think we should all start a perfume business just to mess everyone up more

We could call it "Aros" which is an ironic pun based off the Greek god of love, "Eros"

We should, but its kind of hard to raise awareness to abstract concepts. Like you can look very obviously gay, but, how do you communicate the lack of romantic love?

The perfume thing would be great inside joke, except I think allo people would see us as some weird sect. Next day the headlines be like "Radical aromantic activists were throwing bath bombs into fountains, and planting fragrant flowers in parks. The glitter will be hard get rid of, but we kinda like the smell." 9_9

But I'm not going to be the one to preach, as I'm dyslectic so I mix up those two words on the daily basis.

9 minutes ago, Cassiopeia said:

We should, but its kind of hard to raise awareness to abstract concepts. Like you can look very obviously gay, but, how do you communicate the lack of romantic love?

It's more lack of an abstract concept believed to be ubiquitous and universal.
So much so that "role models" and (even) warped stereotypes of aromantic people are very hard to find in the first place.

9 minutes ago, Mark said:

It's more lack of an abstract concept believed to be ubiquitous and universal.
So much so that "role models" and (even) warped stereotypes of aromantic people are very hard to find in the first place.

Yeah, that's what I tried to say.

We are so diverse, even we have no idea how to represent ourselves.:D

2 hours ago, aihpen said:

One of many reasons why I turned autocorrect off on my phone is because it always "corrects" aromantic into aromatic...

Record "aromantic" in your personal dictionary and use the suggestions feature. After a while, your phone will use "aromantic" in its suggestions.

I have a lot of personal words in there. I wouldn't dare lending my smartphone to friends because of how much I'm posting on AVEN with TMI content and my phone reflects that use, I perverted the poor thing  :$ xD

19 hours ago, Rising Sun said:

Record "aromantic" in your personal dictionary and use the suggestions feature. After a while, your phone will use "aromantic" in its suggestions.

I have a lot of personal words in there. I wouldn't dare lending my smartphone to friends because of how much I'm posting on AVEN with TMI content and my phone reflects that use, I perverted the poor thing  :$ xD

If I would know how to do that, I would, but I have no idea if that's even something you can do on my phone. I can't find an option to do that -_-

2 hours ago, aihpen said:

If I would know how to do that, I would, but I have no idea if that's even something you can do on my phone. I can't find an option to do that -_-

On Android, I can help you. On iOS, I can't. PM me if you want.

2 hours ago, ad-ARO-ble said:

Now all someone needs to do is explain romantic/aromantic behaviour in terms of steroid hormones :)

9 hours ago, Mark said:

Now all someone needs to do is explain romantic/aromantic behaviour in terms of steroid hormones :)

Is it  dopamine and phenethylamine? It was ages ago, but I think it is.

Anyway, chemically it is an awful lot like being high on something.

21 hours ago, Cassiopeia said:

Whilst these arn't steroids they do contain an arene ring. So qualify ;)

On 4/23/2016 at 10:02 AM, Blue Phoenix Ace said:

We should all carry a bottle of Febreeze with us everywhere we go. The Aromatic Aromantics Association (AAA).

*approved by the :bread: *

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/24/2016 at 2:55 PM, Cassiopeia said:

We learned about this in my AP Bio class. Dopamine released when you feel happy, or in childbirth.

Also people get abnormal amounts of it released when they take certain drugs,  so they get addicted.

• 2 months later...
On 4/23/2016 at 8:14 AM, 46odnetnin said:

Not sure where to put this but if you go and check the aromantic subreddit someone posted about a perfume buisness. If that isnt a perfect example of why we need more visibility I don't know what is.

I always redirect them to /r/findareddit, reluctantly. 

• 1 year later...

At the moment I'm hardly aromatic (my phone almost corrected that to aromantic that's a first its normally the other way around) I've just been to a con wearing 7 layers of fabric in some spots I stink like hell...

Anyway.... I made the mistake of accidentally writing aromatic once on this forum. I had a whole bunch of people pointing it out to be 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived