At what temperature do you like to take your showers?

The Angel of Eternity

I am asking this because it's been of interest to me. I used to take warm showers, stand in the shower and let the warm water run over me while, at the same time, wasting water. I have realized that warmer water might not be as good for the skin because it dries the skin out. Now, I like to take really cold showers, as in, I put the water onto its coldest setting (Wim Hof style) while rinsing myself. It feels good but in a different way than warm water.

I hope this question wasn't too inappropriate for anyone who might read this.

The water pipes on my place are semi-external and not insulated so....in summer the temperature option is very hot water coming from the cold water setting, and almost boiling water from the hot water setting. The pipes eventually clear to cool water but it takes like 8-12 minutes, and not worth waiting for. In winter the water is chilly...everything is chilly, so I take warm to hot showers all year round, whether I use the hot setting or not. I do do cold rinses of my hair, especially in summer (basically the sun effected water runs out suddenly), and as for worries about drying out skin...well the water supply here can cause water itch (an invisible itching irritation or if you have it really bad, an itching red rash that last about 2 hours after exposure to the water) especially in summer when they try to keep the algal blooms down by adding many more chemicals to the water supplies so I am always going to be using lotions, creams and oils anyway. 

• 4 months later...

lukewarm to cold! in the summer i usually get lukewarm from just having the cold on, in the fall/winter if i dont use a LITTLE warm water i turn into a popsicle. my sib thinks its weird but appreciates that i dont run up their water bill ?

• 4 weeks later...

I take hot showers. Hot enough that it's steamy. It's very relaxing, makes me feel extremely clean, fogs up the mirror so my dysphoria isn't triggered when I get out, and it's nice at the end of the day. I can't stand cold showers. I can never feel clean enough, my skin toughens up, and the feeling is unbearable to me. I also have a few skin issues, and oddly a hot shower helps with those. 

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Again, hot as possible. At the moment I live in a place I'm literally allergic to because Air BnB has displaced most of the city, and holy cow does near-boiling water feel good on hives. 

That being said, thanks to nerve problems, I already know I'm prone to not being able to tell how hot the water is until I'm injured, so I consciously add some cold in. Doesn't feel as good, but just to be safe. 

• 3 weeks later...

Scalding. Unless the temperature outside is way too hot already, then I go for lukewarm. I heard that if you want to cool yourself down, lukewarm is better than super cold. Something about how if you shower real cold, your pores will close and your body doesn't cool itself down as effectively when you come out. But lukewarm suits me better anyway, real cold showers are uncomfortable.