when did the people around you start having crushes?

Pyr

Question

At what age did the people around you (or you) start developing crushes or romantic attraction? What about getting into romantic relationships?

also I can't figure out how to post anonymously here 😅

20 answers to this question

I remember two kids who dated when they were six, another couple who was 8 and 10... And I think there were some who were younger as well.

I remember in English class, we watch some information, and there were one about two little kids who wanted to run away to get married.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Pyr said:

Hm, I can’t figure it out either, I selected ‘hide’ after I was done typing, but that hides the answer and now I can’t find it myself 😅

Anyway, in response to your question: I don’t really know because I was very unaware of the people around me as a kid. So when I did notice people talking about crushes was when I was around 13, 14 years old.

• Like 2

At around middle school, 7th grade,  my friend told me he had a crush on some girl. He didn’t have to tell me though, he always acted so oddly around her. He did some really awkward things around her too my God! funny times though…

• Like 2

I honestly can't remember, I know of the stereotype of primary school aged kids kissing in the playground but that never really happened in my school? Or I was just completely oblivious and that stuff did happen. Some of my classmates had the high school sweethearts thing but even then that wasn't as common as society made it out to be. 

I only remember having three crushes myself, 2 in primary school and 1 in high school, both didn't last very long but it was fun while they lasted. 

• Like 2

In primary school, when we were around 11 years old, someone asked me who is my crush. It was a first time I was personally involved but my class was having crushes even earlier. Heard someone had their 4th anniversary in the same year. I was never interested, and when asked, I lied that I had a crush on someone.

• Like 2

I was homeschooled and they didn't have programs for older kids and teens until I was almost done with high school, so most of my peer friends were online. But a lot of my online friends were in relationships and stuff, and talked about celebrity crushes and imagining themselves in a relationship with them. At the time I thought I was straight, but I just figured I'd wait until I was 22 to start dating. And then I never got interested.

• Like 2

On 4/8/2022 at 3:32 PM, Pyr said:

22 hours ago, Nix said:

Hm, I can’t figure it out either, I selected ‘hide’ after I was done typing, but that hides the answer and now I can’t find it myself 😅

ok, sorry to derail but I thought I should explain this.

For some reason the ability to post anonymously had been turned off, either when I took over the forum or during the april invision update. Sorry about that, hopefully the option is there now. When you post a question there will be a slider under the textbox with the 'follow topic' slider. It will say 'Post anonymously'

If that still isn't there please let me know and I will have another fight with the software and see what is wrong.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, roboticanary said:

When you post a question there will be a slider under the textbox with the 'follow topic' slider. It will say 'Post anonymously'

Yes, I see it now! Thank you for fixing that :)

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Nix said:

Yes, I see it now! Thank you for fixing that :)

fantastic, glad it works

As for the question:

I remember people talking about crushes towards the end of what was for me primary school (around age 10). I distictly remember being asked about crushes by other kids at that school so I can narrow the time down pretty well.

I guess though that there was some difference in age that people started talking about this around 9 to 11 was probably about right for most people. Maybe  a few a bit younger as this was when people got comfortable talking about it though.

• Like 2

Around 9 or 10 I guess, probably nearer to 10. I only remember because its just before we moved to secondary or senior school (UK here), and I was insistent we were too young for crushes.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, roboticanary said:

For some reason the ability to post anonymously had been turned off, either when I took over the forum or during the april invision update. Sorry about that, hopefully the option is there now. When you post a question there will be a slider under the textbox with the 'follow topic' slider. It will say 'Post anonymously'

If that still isn't there please let me know and I will have another fight with the software and see what is wrong.

It works now! thank you!

• Like 2

Elementary school. My first and likely one of the only crushes in my life was in middle school. Sorta had a half crush in elementary school (wasn't sure if it was platonic or not, looking back at it). I remember everyooooneeeee being like "ohhh I bet so and so likes so and so!!! omg i have a crush on so and so" and whatnot.

• Like 2

I think it was around 5th grade. I remember the first time I heard someone ask me what my crush was was before some class started. I said no and they were shocked, so I proceeded to force crushes for the next couple years, but had one squish...like OH MY GOD...I still wanna be that person's friend! I digress, but yeah that's about my first memory of when people first got crushes, though they'd always put it in truth or dare and I thought that was a bit mean...like what're ya'll doin' in others' business.