Birth order effect?

Emerald Cheetah

Birth Order and Family  

116 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• 2 months later...

Sort of oldest here--I have an older half brother on my mom's side, but he's 11 years older than me, so I've taken on the role of oldest child.

No one in my immediate family identifies explicitly as LGBTQ, but some of them have mentioned being attracted to the same sex before. So... I definitely think I'm not the only one who isn't cishet.

• 3 months later...

only child

for now im the only queer kid in my dominantly European and homophobic family

I'm probably one of the only non-homophobic family members too :/

I have queer friends, and ally friends but the ally friends are more related in a faith way, where like god fathers and mothers get involved and it's just rlly complicated

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I have one sister who is five years older. As far as I know no one else in my biological family is queer, but I do have an aunt who never had another relationship after her husband had died. And all my cousins took a really long time to get a boyfriend/girlfriend, so the fact that I took ‘forever’ was never openly questioned.

Only child. Besides me, only one other member of my dad's side of the family, my cousin, is openly gay, we've only seen each other once as he was from England, though he moved to New Zealand a year later. 

• 6 months later...
On 10/15/2020 at 2:46 AM, arohoneybee said:

If I am a twin, how should I answer this? I am technically older by a few minutes, but I don’t think that really matters. 

Welp, fellow identical twin here! 

I am the younger one, gap of five minutes, lol.

I’m very sure my sister is attracted to AMAB people only, romantically, sexually, sensually, and aesthetically, as far as I know. 

Me, on the other hand, lack romantic attraction, as well as sexual attraction. 

I also lack sensual attraction, and aesthetic attraction, as far as I know, most likely. 

• Like 2

I (bio female, nonbinary, demisexual/aremsexual, & aro) have one sibling who is more than a decade younger. She's a bio female, nonbinary & bisexual. She's fully allo, though.

• Like 2

I'm the oldest child and I have a younger brother who is currently 7. I'm not sure if anyone in my family is in the LGBTQ+ community, because they're quite homophobic so we don't talk about this topic often.

Even counting my 3 half siblings, I'm the oldest of 5. Separation Brother 2 years, brother 10 years, sister 14 years, brother 16 years. No LGBT in the family as far as I know, except for a bisexual sister-in-law. I have two grand-uncles who never married, and one grand-aunt. She's a nun though, so I'm not sure what to make of that. They're from an old-fashioned hard core Catholic family so they could as easily be closeted gays as anything else. I just don't know and I don't think I will since one is dead and the other two are nearing the end of their life.

Second oldest of 5 at 14.

6 year gap between my older sister who is 20 (same mom different dudes),15 month gap between my younger brother who’s 13  and then a 5 year gap between myself and the twins who are 9. I have one cousin (5 years older than me)and one grand uncle (15 years older than me) who are both queer(most of my family is like @The Gray Warlock‘s so its totally possible there’s more). One of my brothers(13) told me recently that he thinks he’s aro-ace but  he doesn’t want to label himself as such. 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I am from 2005, I am bisexual but not openly in my family, and I have an older brother from 1993, who doesn't seem to be queer.
I have one younger cousin, around 13 years old, who is queer and pretty openly too.

Edited by Dane