To all you partnering aromantics

Kadence

What’s your ideal “date” with your non-romantic partner?

Mine is cuddling on the couch watching Monty Python movies and discussing life

• Like 3

I accurately have 2 ideal dates, one more date-like and one that would happen more then once/isn't "special".

My first ideal date is to get dinner at my favourite pasta place (I never get to go) and getting a Slurpee on the way back. I don't care if I'd have to pay for any amount of it I just want to go w/ someone I care about. It would be nice if they payed at it was "free food", but that almost seems a little cruel in my mind + too "date-like".

My second ideal date is hanging out playing console games w/ them and being able to like rest my head on them + be physically close, but this one is unlikely as I'm too touch-adverse to cuddle like that.

My ideal "date" would be to go hiking a weekend with camping and everything and then when we back home, some netflix to chill. 

My realistic "date" would be to go for key lime pie and coffee ice cream as topping while watching netflix ^^ in home. Cuddles are allowed, food sharing is a big no. I would buy two whole separate key lime pies and a 2 pints of coffee ice cream cuz food sharing is not in me. :3

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

My qpp and I both like board-games, and there's this board-game cafe downtown that I'm thinking of taking her to, so I guess that would be an ideal date?

Idk I think in general my ideal date would be spending time with someone in fun settings (roller-skating, games, chilling at home, looking through a bookstore) rather than super intimate settings (I find stuff like candle-lit dinners to be repulsive). It also depends on the person. For instance, there's places I want to go with my current qpp that I did not want to go with my last squish, and there's places I don't want to go with my qpp that I wanted to with my last squish. It's just whatever I'm comfortable with.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been with my primary QPP for  around two years now. My ideal date with her is spending an entire day together. In this kind of weather, we could start by spending time outside in one of our favourite spots, having a picnic and doing crafts together. Then go home, snuggle up together, read to each other or listen to a podcast we both enjoy.

I also have other non-romantic partners, who enjoy different activities - one of them really likes walking so that would be my ideal date with them, as that's the activity we primarily bond through.

On 4/8/2020 at 10:54 PM, Kadence said:

What’s your ideal “date” with your non-romantic partner?

Mine is cuddling on the couch watching Monty Python movies and discussing life

Mess around, play videogames, eat junk food, hugging all day and kiss each other on the forehead. 

Luckily my friends are awesome and we do this a lot ❤️

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

I have a date tomorrow and we're getting coffee at Starbucks. I like casual dating with sexual partners but it can get stressful af for me when the romance kicks in for them bc I don't feel anything, so I'm very upfront about the fact that I generally don't want anything romantic. I like doing romantic things but not for romantic reasons.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

lots of things i do with my best friend, hard to pick a favourite.  at the cottage we go to the beach (hers is right on it); watch the sunset; roast marshmallows, look at the stars, and talk for hours (her brother and mom join us for that, they're really great but i guess that's not date-like).  when she visits me in the city we go out to eat, watch tv/movies, play board games, and often she sleeps over and shares my bed (no physical contact).  on my 19th birthday we got a very fancy hotel room, got dressed up and went down to the lobby bar for my first legal drink, and had a pleasant sleep and breakfast in the room.  they're not dates to us, but a casual observer could make the mistake, probably more likely if we weren't the same gender--when heteronormativity and amatonormativity collide, right.  with sexual partners, including hypothetical future ones, for the non-sexual part, i like similar things, though our level of emotional intimacy surely can't ever be comparable to mine and allison's--like @El011, i'd call it casual dating.

Good question! Never thought about that before tbh..

I guess my ideal "date" would be something like watching a movie we both enjoy, eating pizza and talking about everything that comes into the mind. Maaaaybe holding hands during the movie but that's not necessary lol

• 2 weeks later...

cuddling, playing video games, eating food, + maybe some platonic forehead/cheek kisses. i have some close friends and qpp's that i can do this with and aaaaaaaa paradise 

i just wanna stay inside and just chill with them ;u;