Masturdating

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, RedNeko said:

I love going to the cinema by myself. I don't understand why people think you need friends to sit in a dark room where you're not meant to talk, and watch a film

Precisely. Surely the point of being with others is to interact with them, no?

42 minutes ago, RedNeko said:

I love going to the cinema by myself. I don't understand why people think you need friends to sit in a dark room where you're not meant to talk, and watch a film

True, though it's fun to go with a friend to a cafe and talk about the film afterward. 

A lot. I just like to do some things that my friends don't like to do, so I'm just doing them on my own. Plus some things are better done alone like when I go somewhere to draw, I don't need a friend with me who keeps watching me. I couldn't stand that. I get that being with friends can be fun, but doing stuff on your own doesn't have to be any less fun ^_^

I sometimes feel bad spending the money on a restaurant meal if I'm not enjoying it with good company, but I see dining at a restaurant to be a nice treat for myself whether I'm alone or not. (I treated myself to a restaurant meal this morning after I successfully had blood work done without even coming close to fainting. I felt a little bad though because I ended up having lunch with friends, and I don't usually eat out twice in a day, but I'm writing off the lunch as part of the treating myself too.)

I come from a really protective family though, and their chronic worrying stops me from doing as much stuff out and about while solo as I would otherwise. (The whole "safety in numbers" thing.) It's frustrating, but I'd rather just give them the peace of mind and just make it up to myself in other ways.

Oh, the movies. I keep wanting to ask my friend to go to the movies with me, but I'm afraid she'll think I'm asking her out O.o Maybe I'm just too paranoid haha. It probably comes from the fact that I'm insanely shipped with her. Whatever.

I would go to the movies by myself, but unfortunately, being 14 makes it hard for me to transport myself there without assistance. So my family always comes. I've been to the movies with my friends before, and I like that, too. What I can't understand is how it's even possible to be romantic with someone… during a movie. Like do they hold hands or something? (I'm totally clueless)

I do it when I can afford it, which is not right now. Although I work at a movie theater so I get to see movies for free. I used to like taking myself out to community events and I probably will again when I become more familiar with the city I'm now living in.

6 hours ago, Spud said:

Oh, the movies. I keep wanting to ask my friend to go to the movies with me, but I'm afraid she'll think I'm asking her out O.o Maybe I'm just too paranoid haha. It probably comes from the fact that I'm insanely shipped with her. Whatever.

Maybe if you ask her to see a film you really like, and show that enthusiasm for the film, it will make her believe there's nothing more to what you're asking and take all focus off her. But I wouldn't really know, I'm not very good with social stuff.

11 hours ago, Spud said:

What I can't understand is how it's even possible to be romantic with someone… during a movie. Like do they hold hands or something? (I'm totally clueless)

I was at a movie once where a couple was making out during the film. So.. I guess stuff like that? 

I agree though that going to movies together isn't inherently romantic anyway. 

I do like spending most my time on my own, I just don't go out really... I don't really view dinner/cinema as a romantic thing, it seems kinda weird.

8 hours ago, DannyFenton123 said:

I mean, I'd go out by myself but I can't drive yet, and there is literally nothing in walking distance >.>

Same, pretty much. Except, the main town centre/cinema is within walking distance (like, 40 minutes) but I just can't be bothered to walk that on my days off...

I often do things on my own. Going to the cinema, concerts, museums, traveling... Not sure if that's really an aro thing though, more like a 'not having enough friends' thing :P

The hard part is talking myself into getting up and doing something with myself. I swear, I'm the one putting the least amount of work into this relationship, and I'm leaving all the hard stuff up to myself. Sometimes I don't know why I bother. But then I find some great volunteering thing that I can do with myself and all the magic comes right back.

Archived