How do you feel 6 days before Valentine's Day ?

Themathlover

I didn't realise this until now, thanks for reminding me. Sadly though, it's probably too late to order anti-sick pills. Never mind, there may be some discounted chocolate around the corner...silver lining and all that.

1 hour ago, Themathlover said:

So, everyone is talking about chocolate and discount, but... Do you just not care about Valentine's Day ? 

No. For me It's just a day full of chocolate discounts and trying to suffer through the in your face alloromantic normatively. I am AroAce which adds to my personal dislike of the day I have no reason to care because I am not interested in dating ever and I am not even close to being good enough friends with someone to do a Pal-entines day (Friend version of valentine) gift or anything like that. For me at least it is  basically ijust a day that signifies that Pancake Day is on the horizon and then I get plenty of fun eating as many Pancakes as I want!! 🥞🥞🥞🥞

2 hours ago, Themathlover said:

So, everyone is talking about chocolate and discount, but... Do you just not care about Valentine's Day ? 

no I do, i do more of a Plaitonic Valentines day. the discount chocolate has always been a thing that i liked before i was even AroAce

for me its gonna be more chaotic getting through the halls. the couples and stuff will do that ugly mushing of faces all the time, last year was just unbearable, this time it probably will be worse. I might get some chocolates tbh. I'll freak out if im someones "valentine". idk much about the holiday. so i mean..

1 minute ago, ArrowAce said:

for me its gonna be more chaotic getting through the halls. the couples and stuff will do that ugly mushing of faces all the time, last year was just unbearable, this time it probably will be worse. I might get some chocolates tbh. I'll freak out if im someones "valentine". idk much about the holiday. so i mean..

How bout Plaitonic Valentine? I do that a lot

1 minute ago, KoconutBounty said:

How bout Plaitonic Valentine? I do that a lot

ive never done it, I wanted to for a bit with the person I was squishing over for a while, but idk how it would go.

A sale of anonymous roses was made at my school... I was able to give two love ones to friends (I took love ones on purpose to fight against this amatonormative system) and I got one of friendship.

I guess I kind of got the right way to use the valentine day while being aromantic 

nice. I've never gotten anything like that, they normally do things called candy grams that you can buy, but this year you could buy someone either a grape or orange Crush soda

though ive never gotten one of these

It's a friend of mine's birthday on the 14th, but I have no idea what to get her (it's also the birthday of another friend who I don't know well (since she's sort of a new addition to the friend group) on Saturday and I have NO IDEA what to get her either, I'm probably going to get her fun stationary and make a bracelet or something). So... anxious?

Personally, I'm not a big fan of the holiday in general, but this year I actually have a "Palentine" (Friend Valentine) to give something to

I'm drawing her a mythical cat, don't tell her 
shhh

• Like 1

As an aroace, honestly just trying to instead focus on how close we are to aro week.  It's the one time of year where because of the allonormativity and amatanormativity I find I have to remind myself more often that I'm okay just the way I am and I'm not missing out on anything. I know there are thing's like palatine's day to try to shift the focus on friendships which would be great in theory ( if I had more friends or better existing friends) except being neurodivergent I also struggle with those.   

• Like 2

I have made a pact with myself that I will try to contact my ex-friend on every major holiday.  It's a compromise between putting up with a hard relationship and completely ghosting him.  I don't know.  I'm a bit nervous.  But hopefully it will go well.  I didn't even know we were this close to V Day, honestly.

• Like 2