What are you reading?

Angrboda

What are you reading right now?

What are your favorite books?

What are your favorite genres?

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Angrboda said:

nothing. i planned on reading no longer human by dazai osamu but never had the motivation to finish it

22 minutes ago, Angrboda said:

immune by philipp dettmer. thats the book that got me into immunology in the first place. very easy to understand and visually pleasing

23 minutes ago, Angrboda said:

idc about genres so i dont have a favorite. as long as the book is enjoyable i dont mind any genres

• Like 1

• Currently reading The Good Women of China by Xinran & Native Americans in Comic Books: A Critical Study by Michael Sheyahshe.
  • The book that changed my life is Custer Died for your Sins by Vine Deloria, Jr.

• My favorite kind of books are those that discuss mythology.
  • Like 1

currently reading this side of paradise by f. scott fitzgerald--i think he was terrific.  i read mostly classics and i can't really name a genre in particular, kind of just slice of life, you know.  i don't know what to choose as my all-time favourites but the best thing i read recently was the strange case of dr. jekyll and mr. hyde by robert louis stevenson.

• Like 1

I just finished a book called GROWLAND by a local small author :)

SMALL GREAT THINGS by Jodi Picoult is also really good, especially the ending.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Angrboda said:

i'm reading multiple books at once,Dear Evan Hansen,Trials of Apollo #1,The Titan's Curse(again) and a couple more books

Very hard to choose.Loveless,Simon vs the homo sapiens agenda,Wonder,House of Hades

mostly fantasy or mythology but if it sounds good i'll read anything.

• Like 1

In fiction:

The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers by J.R.R. Tolkien

Dragonlance: Dragons of Winter Night by Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman

Fantasy, as you may have guessed.

In non-fiction:

Will soon be starting Shiva: Stories and Teachings from the Shiva Mahapurana by Mataji Devi Vanamali

I don't really have one. I suppose Gods and Myths of Northern Europe by H.R. Ellis Davidson comes closest.

My interest in reading ranges. It depends on what I'm into at the time. Generally I like mythology, esp. Norse and Hindu, Jungian psychology, Western Esotericism (academic and practicing) and Yoga, philosophy and practice.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AroAcedragon13 said:

i'm reading multiple books at once,Dear Evan Hansen,Trials of Apollo #1,The Titan's Curse(again) and a couple more books

I didn't know DEAR EVAN HANSEN was a book!  Who's the author?

I'm reading The Three Body Problem by Liu Cixin, pretty good so far, writing style sometimes a bit weird but I'm guessing that is a result of it being translated. Reccomend. [also it won a Hugo Award in 2015]

I read sci fi and fantasy mostly.

On 10/27/2022 at 10:41 AM, alto said:

I just finished a book called GROWLAND by a local small author :)

What's that about?

Edited by Harvest

• 5 weeks later...
On 10/26/2022 at 3:50 AM, Angrboda said:

alternating between the graveyard book (neil gaiman) and good omens TV guide (matt whyman)

fiction and fantasy, always. never realistic fiction, i'd rather dive into a world that doesn't exist. im always a sucker for well-made romance (think Every Day) and occasionally dystopia

basically same as above.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, that halo nerd said:

Its kinda dated but ready player one Is a very good read if your into retro stuff

Yeah since most references in it were a part of my youth I liked it for nostalgic reasons 😅

I’m reading ‘Praktijkgerichte ontwikkelingspsychologie - Van wieg tot hangplek’ at the moment. It is a book about the psychological development of a child ‘from cradle to hangout’. Interesting but also a bit dry. I’m mainly interested in the bit about children aged 6/7, since I have been asked to teach this age group art classes and I have very little experience with them as I mainly teach older children. Just trying to get a feel for what I’m going to work with really.

My all-time favourite books are the Discworld novels by Terry Pratchett. I also really like pretty much everything Brandon Sanderson writes, with ‘The emperor’s soul’ being my favourite. I’m getting his new Wax and Wayne book ‘The lost metal’ next week for Sinterklaas so that’s going to be my next read :)

My favourite genres are fantasy and science fiction.

• Like 2

Currently reading When We Were Magic by Sarah Gailey

My favorite books are Suggested Reading (by Dave Connis, highly highly recommended), Not Your Backup, Dragonslayer, and The House of Hades (currently living for when The Sun and the Star comes out…)

Mostly fiction. Fantasy and dystopian are probably my favorites. But I like reading a lot of different stuff

• Like 1

The Golem and the Djinni, I've just started but it seems really interesting so far

In Other Lands by Sarah Rees Brennan, definitely, it's absolutely AMAZING, and also Radio Silence and Solitaire, both by Alice Oseman

Fantasy/science fiction! Best genre by FAR, imho

Just finished Frankenstein (HIGHLY recommend) and now going on to read The Ask And The Answer (the second book in the Chaos Walking trilogy, also recommend though be warned it slightly leans into the 'stream of concsiousness' writing style which I understand not everyone will like, its also more directed to tweens although it can get quite violent and disturbing at times). 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
47 minutes ago, DeltaAro said:

🐘 🌍 🐢WOW, did you read all 41 of them? 🤪

I did not read al the Tiffany Aching ones, but I did read all the rest ;) Most I borrowed from my local library. I have 21 of them on my bookshelf :)

• Like 2