teen corner

illumi

2 hours ago, HelloThere said:

I wish tests weren’t considered the most important thing in schools when it’s merely a tool to see how well a school is doing. Though it still says nothing about the intelligence of students, nothing about their hopes, dreams, and happiness, and absolutely nothing about the environment in the school. So using circles shaded in on a piece of paper as a way to measure if someone gets to succeed in life kinda just ticks me off.

real

6 minutes ago, Anaim said:

Why don't off topic post count for your post count... I would have so many more posts 

Oh yeah, it’s be through the roof here. I have a feeling that was probably intentional though. XD

1 minute ago, HelloThere said:

Oh yeah, it’s be through the roof here. I have a feeling that was probably intentional though. XD

If I had to guess it would be that they don't count because they don't have to do with aromanticism, which I guess kind of makes sense.

Still though, I rarely post on regular topics, so I still wish these counted

2 minutes ago, Anaim said:

If I had to guess it would be that they don't count because they don't have to do with aromanticism, which I guess kind of makes sense.

Still though, I rarely post on regular topics, so I still wish these counted

I’d post plenty on regular topics if I had anything to say. XD

Just now, HelloThere said:

Idk why we even have ranks. It’s confusing but I mean if people want it.

Idk either

Also if we get 17 more posts we have over 2,000 posts and today becomes the most popular post on this thread ever

I do. I got a 69 on my English final, and let's just say most people aren't very happy with her. Everyones assuming she will be fired after this year.

(Just to clarify, this isn't just because we got bad grades, it's because of many ongoing issues that have resulted for almost the whole class to have failing grades.)

Edited by The Aro Mando Echo

My old math teacher once tied a pencil around a student's wrist so tight that it cut off circulation, just so they wouldn't lose their pencil. And this was in 5th grade, so we were young kids... 

From current teachers, my spanish teacher cuts half credit from an assignment if it is even a minute late, and yells at students for no reason. On top of that, she fails more students than any other teacher in the school. 

13 more!

32 minutes ago, Anaim said:

Idk... 

Do you have any bad teachers?

Well there was one English teacher last year. In my 8th grade we were doing an essay that I sorta just did the bare minimum for (I just found the topic boring) and I had turned it in thinking I did ok. A couple of weeks later we were doing an English test and the day before it happened I got my grade back on the essay. I got a 64% on it. I missed a whole paragraph, there were errors everywhere, and it just read terribly. So naturally my confidence was horrible that day so I went home and spent as much time studying as possible. I got pretty much nothing done and pretty much just assumed I was gonna fail the test. I came in the next day and then I absolutely ACED the test! I mean seriously what kind of teacher drops a bad grade the DAY BEFORE a test?!

30 minutes ago, HelloThere said:

Well there was one English teacher last year. In my 8th grade we were doing an essay that I sorta just did the bare minimum for (I just found the topic boring) and I had turned it in thinking I did ok. A couple of weeks later we were doing an English test and the day before it happened I got my grade back on the essay. I got a 64% on it. I missed a whole paragraph, there were errors everywhere, and it just read terribly. So naturally my confidence was horrible that day so I went home and spent as much time studying as possible. I got pretty much nothing done and pretty much just assumed I was gonna fail the test. I came in the next day and then I absolutely ACED the test! I mean seriously what kind of teacher drops a bad grade the DAY BEFORE a test?!

I'm just wondering why the teacher had an essay and a test back to back...

6 minutes ago, Anaim said:

I'm just wondering why the teacher had an essay and a test back to back...

Well they were like a month apart but the grading took ages. It took so long it felt like it was in purpose, and for all I know it was.

4 minutes ago, HelloThere said:

Well they were like a month apart but the grading took ages. It took so long it felt like it was in purpose, and for all I know it was.

Oh ok

2 more to 2,000 posts!

Don't know what else to talk about though...