Papos?

iridescent-apatosaurus

Papo cult followers perhaps won't give you a serious answer, so I'll give a somewhat serious outsider viewpoint instead (though my info is limited as I've never used the chat myself, I only read the chat antics thread).

A papo is an Arocalypse chat meme which is an intentionally incognizable object, it seems. It even had no depiction until @DannyFenton123 drew some kind of a towelie android (:papo:) to visualize it.

It has no intrinsic value, it's just a meme, a parody of a god if you wish.

The papo cult overtook the (also jocular) potato cult on Arocalypse when one of the latter's prophets, @Spud, went on holiday, and its other prophet, @Dodgypotato, swore to the new 'gods' - papos.

Ah, but only a handful few know the origin of papo. Here is a conversation between dodgypotato and I on the origin of papo:

KsgPjhj.png

What @aroMa(n)tisse said is correct, it is but a silly meme. The original papo was drawn by @DannyFenton123 on Sunday 3rd of July 2016. It has since exploded.

8 hours ago, aroMa(n)tisse said:

Papo cult followers perhaps won't give you a serious answer, so I'll give a somewhat serious outsider viewpoint instead (though my info is limited as I've never used the chat myself, I only read the chat antics thread).

A papo is an Arocalypse chat meme which is an intentionally incognizable object, it seems. It even had no depiction until @DannyFenton123 drew some kind of a towelie android (:papo:) to visualize it.

It has no intrinsic value, it's just a meme, a parody of a god if you wish.

The papo cult overtook the (also jocular) potato cult on Arocalypse when one of the latter's prophets, @Spud, went on holiday, and its other prophet, @Dodgypotato, swore to the new 'gods' - papos.

Indeed. Do not doubt my loyalty, however. Papos are my whole world now. May the papos guide you forever on your journey of life, and death. :spiritualpapo:

3 hours ago, aroMa(n)tisse said:

I've googled for 'papo' and it turns out to be a French figurine manufacturer :P 

Also, I thought that 'papo' is a variation of 'papi' (Spanish 'daddy'), and I was right - that's how Urban Dictionary defines it.

I immediately thought of the Korean word 바보, sometimes romanized as "papo," which means "idiot." So that would make this the idiot cult :D

OUR? DONT YOU DAR PUT WORDS INTO MY MOUTH YOU HORRIBLE VERMIN I WILL SLAM THIS DOOR AND YOU WILL LEAVE AND TAKE YOU CULTY BUSINESS PLAN AWAY I DO NOT NEED TO GIVE MONEY TO SOMEONE WHO CLAIMS HES BETTER THAN ME AS A BRIBE FOR WHEN I DIE AND IF YOUR GOD IS OMNISCIENT OMNIPRESENT OMNIPOTENT OMNIBENEVOLANT AND OMNIOMNIOUS WHY DOES HE GIVE A SHIT ABOUT WHAT I DO GOOD DAY SIR AND ANYWAY I NEED TO GET BACK TO WORSHIPPING THE REAL MAN IN POWER: THE GOVERNMENT. I PRAY TO THEM TO BE MERCIFUL SO IM NOT TOTALLY BONED.

• 9 months later...
On 13/07/2016 at 0:44 AM, omitef said:

The papo has no intrinsic value because the papo is priceless and transcends all intrinsic value there is no god there is only papo

I am both really amused by this and slightly horrified :rofl::rofl:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived