Favourite drink?

roboticanary

peach bubly is awesome

but i rlly rlly like lemon iced tea or the juice from the red/purple freezy (yes ik weird)

im a tea enjoyer tho, coffee smells atrocious and i dont wanna try it, my favorite teas are the fruit ones with lemony tastes to them, but i can settle for chamomile if seriously needed

oh, almost forgot a special addition: starbucks refreshers (the sour ones with a sweet undertone, which for now can be described as that yellow one [i think it's pineapple and grapefruit or some shit idk but it's yellow])

• Like 2

Definitely tea, pg tips or clipper’s, the tradition whatever it’s called one (black tea I think). If I’m out and about I’d probably choose something with chocolate in it.

Though if it’s really hot, water is definitely my go to, I just don’t enjoy other drinks in the heat (like now, it’s too hot now ,_,)

• Like 2

23 hours ago, roboticanary said:

panic!!!, I think i'm going to lose my British licence for not liking tea enough ☹️

Maybe try some Chinese black teas, e. g. Keemun Hao Ya or Golden Yunnan. Tastes quite different from India / Ceylon teas.

I could also suggest green or white teas but that wouldn't very British.

23 hours ago, roboticanary said:

but hot chocolate is just too good

If I'm thirsty I can drink ~ 1.5 liters of tea. The same amount of hot chocolate has 1200 calories. Don't need lunch anymore!

Tea OTOH has zero calories, can be drunk always, anywhere, at every time... except late in the evening... 🚀🤪

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AlwaysConfused said:

Definitely tea, pg tips or clipper’s, the tradition whatever it’s called one (black tea I think). If I’m out and about I’d probably choose something with chocolate in it.

I like the PG tips mascot. So green it could be an aro mascot:

https://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/resources/images/2331646.jpg

The tea itself: It's a CTC. I do not drink CTCs, only orthodox. Snob, snob.

I like to drink tea straight and CTCs are too brisk and bitter for me.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DeltaV said:

Maybe try some Chinese black teas, e. g. Keemun Hao Ya or Golden Yunnan. Tastes quite different from India / Ceylon teas.

yeah, I mean, tea is good. the trouble is even the really good teas just aren't quite as good as hot chocolate.

speaking of which, I've just got my hands on a raspberry white hot chocolate. not sure it quite knocks mint off the top spot but its giving it a damn good try.

2 hours ago, DeltaV said:

If I'm thirsty I can drink ~ 1.5 liters of tea.

yeah that's fair. not keen on doing that with hot choc. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, roboticanary said:

yeah, I mean, tea is good. the trouble is even the really good teas just aren't quite as good as hot chocolate.

Sorry, it sounded as if you didn't like tea at all. In that case there's certainly more to discover than your average, black CTC tea.

I don't think it's un-🇬🇧 to have a favorite drink other than tea. But then it must be beer 🍺😃.

Hot chocolate seems more stereotypically 🇨🇭 to me.

I also LOVE hot chocolate. I sometimes get a special one (Mayordomo) from my 🇲🇽 relatives. But even when prepared with light soy milk and stevia it packs 30 kcal / 100 ml. 😥 And that leaves a very bad aftertaste.

I also like Champurrado (with Masa Harina). Very recommended. But calorie-wise even worse. So I only drink this very guilty pleasure at November 2 💀.I

• Like 1

12 hours ago, roboticanary said:

nah, the other great british drink is Bovril, another warcrime britain has tried to inflict on the world

I had to look that up. And regrettably found some "classic" Bovril advertisements. One ox looks at a jar of Bovril and laments "Alas my poor brother". Another ox asks: "Say Guard, am I right for Bovril?"

At least the advertiser was quite bold, you have to give 'em that.

Now, while "beef tea" does not sound very appealing, I'm not shocked. In general the British cuisine seems to be engaged in a kind of contest to prepare meat in the grosse... most polarizing manner.

🐟 🥧

Spoiler

stargazy pie 🤢

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...