Attraction

Aimee03

Attraction  

32 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Aimee03 changed the title to Attraction

i had to think about that.  if by most often you mean to the highest number of different people, aesthetic.  sexual and especially platonic (emotional, i suppose) can certainly be stronger and longer-lasting, but that wasn't the question.  also, for me sexual attraction necessarily includes aesthetic, of course that's just men, and i believe i find more women aesthetically attractive, particularly the ones in the old movies i watch, so yeah.  as for the others, everything people describe as sensual is either sexual or romantic to me, or i guess a couple things could be platonic, and i guess intellectual would fall under platonic, if it was relevant at all.

• Like 2

It's platonic (emotional) and sensual attraction for me. I love my friends and I love interactions like hugging, cuddling or kissing on the cheek (but only with people I have a strong bond with - for example my friends and my QPP). I also get aesthetic attraction a lot (I love people who dress in goth, emo or pastel style. I love cosplayers, too) but still I don't experience it that often compared to platonic and sensual attraction. 

20 hours ago, aro_elise said:

for me sexual attraction necessarily includes aesthetic

Same thought here, I guess I could feel sexual attraction without aesthetic in principle, but I doubt it would ever happen.

I guess aesthetic is the one I feel most often. But I think this is just because I have more chance to experience it as it can be towards anyone I see, unlike say, emotional. At least in my case, I would need to know someone and understand a bit about them for any thought of emotional attraction.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, squids_are_amazing said:

How do you make polls?

When you create a topic, above the title you give to the topic, there is "conent" and "poll". You just have to click on "poll" and you can add a poll to the topic.

Aesthetic is by far the most common for me. Pure (unmixed) aesthetic attraction is relatively weak, though. It's usually overshadowed in strength by the others. Aesthetic attraction is nearly necessary for sexual attraction for me. Also it's often present with platonic attraction, because no matter how stupid it is, subconsciously I'm more inclined to ascribe positive character qualities to beautiful humans. Sexual attraction without aesthetic attraction happens rarely for me and always has a distinct cheap / vulgar quality to it (which also makes no sense at all, of course).

For me it's aesthetic attraction. As second I would place sensual and as third – platonic. I have no sexual attraction and I don't know if I experience other types of attraction. In some cases aesthetic and sensual attraction are mixed up or I don't know if the attraction I'm experiencing is sensual or aesthetic.

• 2 weeks later...

I do feel sensual attraction and sometimes I’m questioning whether it’s contradicting my aroace identity or not.

i kind of like kissing (but not too “intensive”) (and sometimes I just think “oh now I would like to kiss this person” without any reason although I didn’t do kissing very often and I don’t think I’ll do it very often in future) and cuddling. I quarrel with the “kissing part” bc I feel like for lots of people kissing is either romantic or sexual. But for me it’s none of both, it’s just something I like to do without any sexual or romantic ulterior motive (kissing is my “border” between sensual and sexual. I guess I may call me a pansensual aroace? But I prefer not to name the sensual stuff bc it is too confusing)

so everytime I want to kiss someone I ask myself if I am still ace, but for me it’s far apart from sexual attraction...

(I hate questioning and I know that I am ace and I know that sensual attraction or kissing doesn’t change anything but my brain does not understand it?)

Edited by Acecream
  • Like 2