Aro Awareness Week 2021 Plans

Hey all,

The week of awareness is coming soon! Anyone got any plans? or any Aro week resolutions for 2021?

I'm going to try to get back into being active in forums and writing, maybe try making my long planned 'The Friendzone' spoof picture.

• Like 2

Yeah, I'm excited! I don't really know yet what I'll do, but I have lots of pretty papers, and I'm thinking of making some aro color journal dump collage thing. Maybe some writing as well, and generally reading/watching aro works. I also want to get some aro merch to support some aro-owned businesses! ?

Would be cool to see any of your writing/your spoof picture for ASAW if you make it! 

• Like 3

I'm going to do a bit of aro inspired miniature painting. A week or so ago I put my first little aro flag into my hobby and there are a few more ideas that I want to do.

Also I'm going to make myself a white ring. I've been slowly getting better at making rings out of bentwood veneer and I now have some white crushed enamel that I can use as an inlay. 

I am also getting into blogging. I don't know how much I am going to do but at the very least I want to use awareness week as motivation to put some of the crafts I have been doing online.

• Like 3

Hmmm, I was thinking of creating a thread for people to share events/articles/etc things going on for ASAW and then saw this.  Do you think it would make more sense to include such things in this thread, or to make a separate thread?

9 hours ago, Magni said:

Do you think it would make more sense to include such things in this thread, or to make a separate thread?

Personally I think a separate thread of things we have done might be cool and keep this for personal plans. That would allow people to be more comfortable posting things others have done. Your call though.

• Like 1

I'm not quite sure. I spend a lot of my time writing and I've been wanting to write about my experiences questioning and being on the aro spectrum for awhile so this might be the perfect time to do it.

Edited by candlewax

(I made separate thread for ASAW Events/News as had mentioned earlier)

To answer this actual thread, my plans for ASAW is mainly to help organize it.  I really enjoy knowing about all the things that are happening and to try to spread that knowledge so other people know what's happening too! And there's many exciting things this year, the biggest aro week yet!  And with fun events online to participate in :)

I might end up doing some aro embroidery too....though, it's hard thinking of things to make bc I have embroidered so many aro patches already.  I also had vague idea of like actively making posts on tumblr to show the embroidery things I have made, bc I generally show things off to people in discord and don't particularly think to share them on tumblr.  I might do a little bit of shopping for aro pride things as well, I've generally been wanting aro pride dice since am d&d nerd and there's probably some enamel pins I would like to have.  Pride gear stuff is very satisfying, much good aesthetic :)

Hmm, I've been exploring more different music recently, and specifically have listened to some more songs with aro vibes and stuff (aka finally actually listened to cavetown), so maybe I'll actually make aro-themed songs playlist, since ASAW seems like good opportunity/motivation to do something like that.