Interest in Google Meet Aromantic Socials

A couple of choices for topic (we can always do the second topic the time after):

"Happily ever after" https://aspecofstardust.wordpress.com/2021/01/02/round-up-december-2020-happily-ever-after/

or

"The relationship between the aro and ace communities" https://taaap.org/2019/03/02/february-2019-carnival-round-up-the-relationship-between-the-aro-and-ace-communities/

It'll be the usual link, 25th September 7PM (BST)

meet.google.com/qum-mmnd-xkw

• Like 1

I've recently received an email from Google about Meet on a free account starting to be limited to 1 hour calls for groups. I don't particularly want to pay and I'm thinking that we usually finish only a little more than an hour anyway. And I'm sure we can restart the meeting (or at least we can try?). Maybe we can talk about this briefly at our next meet about what we think is best. 1 hour limit is still better than the Zoom 40 minute limit. Any thoughts?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Elin has suggested “arophoria” as a topic (might not be an actual word, at least not yet!) Aro euphoria - aro joy. What makes you happy about being aro?

It'll be 25th September 7PM (BST)

Kali has offered to host the meet on her Zoom account that is paid up until January, which is very kind of her. As soon as we've organised the link I'll update it here.

Please note: If you can't attend but would like to contribute a comment about the topic for the group, you are more than welcome to post here and I'll share your voice with the live group.

Edited by DogObsessedLianne

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/7/2022 at 12:06 PM, DogObsessedLianne said:

Elin has suggested “arophoria” as a topic (might not be an actual word, at least not yet!) Aro euphoria - aro joy. What makes you happy about being aro?

It'll be 25th September 7PM (BST)

Kali has offered to host the meet on her Zoom account that is paid up until January, which is very kind of her. As soon as we've organised the link I'll update it here.

Please note: If you can't attend but would like to contribute a comment about the topic for the group, you are more than welcome to post here and I'll share your voice with the live group.

Just to remind you of today's meet and that we've sorted a Zoom link which I hope will work ok!!

Topic: Aromantic Videomeets
Time: Sep 25, 2022 07:00 PM London
Meeting ID: 842 4621 3809
Passcode: 954351
  • Like 1

URGENT regarding this evening, I'm having to revert back to Google Meet (meet.google.com/qum-mmnd-xkw) because Zoom is being a pain and has "detected abnormal device usage". I think we still have an hour on Meet and we should (hopefully) be able to restart it if needed, however awkward that is!

See some of you soon!