Interest in Google Meet Aromantic Socials

I was thinking of a podcast for next month's discussion. Before I choose one purely based on the title does anyone have any episode recommendations? The podcast websites that have been recommended on the docs file are below. Some titles look ace-specific instead, but there are aro-related topics on there. Regarding dates, at the moment I'm waiting on confirmation myself regarding another commitment, but please let me know if there's any particular dates or times that are really not good for you at the weekends in September. I can't promise to satisfy, but I'll do my best!

https://www.soundsfakepod.com/

https://www.aokpod.com/

• Like 1

What about Sunday 19th September, usual time and link? Otherwise I could do the 26th if the usuals object to the 19th! I'll stick with the Self Partnered episode at https://soundsfakepod.buzzsprout.com/218346/2028372-ep-108-self-partnered. Another interesting podcast episode has been recommended but I might save that one for future meets.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Next Meet: Sunday 24th October, 1PM (UK time). The usual link at meet.google.com/qum-mmnd-xkw

The podcast we'll be discussing is https://www.aokpod.com/e/9-key-honeymoon-time/ The guest being aro allosexual.

Edited by DogObsessedLianne
to add the link
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/27/2021 at 5:00 PM, DogObsessedLianne said:

Next Meet: Sunday 24th October, 1PM (UK time). The usual link at meet.google.com/qum-mmnd-xkw

The podcast we'll be discussing is https://www.aokpod.com/e/9-key-honeymoon-time/ The guest being aro allosexual.

Looking forward to seeing some of you tomorrow. Don't worry if you have struggled to listen to the podcast for any reason, it'll still be great to see you tomorrow if you can make it  :-)

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 11/28/2021 at 2:08 PM, DogObsessedLianne said:

The next meeting will be December 19th 2021, 1PM GMT at the usual link (meet.google.com/qum-mmnd-xkw)

Topic: Xmas/Yuletide/Group's 1 Year Anniversary Icebreaker Party (don't forget your own choice of snacks and drinks).

@roboticanary (Mike, I'm hoping I'm tagging the correct person), it's been asked on the Facebook group whether we could make it 12noon GMT instead?

22 hours ago, MulticulturalFarmer said:

OK, and are we able to join without the use of Video? Like can we just use chat and mic? 

from the point of view of us being OK with it, sure. I'm pretty sure we have had someone drop in as audio only from time to time before.

If this is because you don't have a camera you may want to do a quick check online to see if google meet will allow you to connect to a meeting. I don't see why it shouldn't but might be worth having a look at.

• Like 1

On 11/30/2021 at 9:14 PM, MulticulturalFarmer said:

OK, and are we able to join without the use of Video? Like can we just use chat and mic? 

I'm sure that'll be fine. People might not use video for all sorts of reasons, for example if someone is struggling to connect it's advisable. So it'll be fine if you need to just use chat and mic for whatever your reason.

• Like 2

On 12/1/2021 at 1:43 PM, roboticanary said:

from the point of view of us being OK with it, sure. I'm pretty sure we have had someone drop in as audio only from time to time before.

If this is because you don't have a camera you may want to do a quick check online to see if google meet will allow you to connect to a meeting. I don't see why it shouldn't but might be worth having a look at.

I used to teach online classes and Google Meet did allow people to join without camera access, at least back in 2020, so I think it should still be okay?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, MulticulturalFarmer said:

I used to teach online classes and Google Meet did allow people to join without camera access, at least back in 2020, so I think it should still be okay?

People have joined without video before, and I doubt Google will suddenly change it, so it should be ok.

On 11/28/2021 at 2:08 PM, DogObsessedLianne said:

The next meeting will be December 19th 2021, 1PM GMT at the usual link (meet.google.com/qum-mmnd-xkw)

Topic: Xmas/Yuletide/Group's 1 Year Anniversary Icebreaker Party (don't forget your own choice of snacks and drinks).

Just to confirm, this will be 12noon GMT, not 1PM

58 minutes ago, DogObsessedLianne said:

People have joined without video before, and I doubt Google will suddenly change it, so it should be ok.

Just to confirm, this will be 12noon GMT, not 1PM

I'd like to join but I realized that this is kinda early/late (depending on how long I stay up) for me, but later in the day would have been better for me. Maybe next time, right?

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...