Aro/Ace puns

11 hours ago, Mezzo Forte said:

I sometimes joke about starting an Aromantic, Asexual, and Agender drumline, because it would form a AAA Battery. Does that count? :P

And well, I'm the one who came up with the name "Arocalypse," which probably counts!

I love the idea of AAA battery, I would totally audition for a spot. 

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Three people are sitting front of the cafe, eating ice lollies. One is licking it, the other is sucking on it, and the third is biting it. Which one is the aro ace?

(ƃuᴉɹ ʞɔɐlq ɐ ƃuᴉɹɐǝʍ ǝuo ǝɥʇ)

Isn't it a bit unfair that we only have aro/ace puns here? I have lots of other awful jokes about allosexual people to post...

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/25/2016 at 5:22 PM, Cassiopeia said:

Three people are sitting front of the cafe, eating ice lollies. One is licking it, the other is sucking on it, and the third is biting it. Which one is the aro ace?

(ƃuᴉɹ ʞɔɐlq ɐ ƃuᴉɹɐǝʍ ǝuo ǝɥʇ)

Isn't it a bit unfair that we only have aro/ace puns here? I have lots of other awful jokes about allosexual people to post...

I encourage this. I want to hear them xD 

Recently, I made an AVEN post comparing being a romance-repulsed aro in a largely alloromantic world with being a cactus in a world dominated by swampy, marshy plants, and at the end of it, I concluded that I'm a cactace. xD

3 hours ago, Dodecahedron314 said:

Recently, I made an AVEN post comparing being a romance-repulsed aro in a largely alloromantic world with being a cactus in a world dominated by swampy, marshy plants, and at the end of it, I concluded that I'm a cactace. xD

Fair doos 

mokay. look at this lovely attempt of the kinsey scale, straight from infographic hell.

kinsey-scale.png

aka "Mum, dad, I have something to tell you. I'm attracted to women with gay male feet."

On 19-5-2016 at 10:36 AM, Bee said:

What kind of laptop do asexuals use?

Acer.

Confession: I am ace and I have this computer. I am a pun. And proud.

I laughed, because I have an acer and I have DEFINITELY mentally made this pun. :D

On 5/27/2016 at 8:16 AM, Dodecahedron314 said:

A saguaro cactace ;)

In genarol, it's not hard to find a pletharo of words containing 'aro' using e.g. Litscape.

My farovites (apart from 'saguaro', which I considered as a potential display name) are:

aroid

aroint

arouser / arousable

bigaroon

cellarous

laparoscope

madarosis

mallemaroking*

picaro

tartarous

zingaro

* a very specific term defined as 'the carousing of seamen on board Greenland whaling ships'; also, 'mallem' means 'I'd like to be' in Latin.

My display name is a play on the name of a Pokémon species aromatisse (which might itself be regarded as a play on the word 'aromatise' and Henry Matisse's name) and the French words 'mantisse' meaning 'mantissa' and '(je/él) tisse' meaning '(I/he) weave(s) / spin(s)'.

31 minutes ago, aroMa(n)tisse said:

In genarol, it's not hard to find a pletharo of words containing 'aro' using e.g. Litscape.

One of the words containing aro is "acarophobe", or as I like to pronounce it: Ack! Aro Phobe!

I'll just let this video (which is superb and will now be stuck in your head for the rest of the day) and the ensuing message that I sent to my friend with whom I make way too many queer puns speak for themselves.

Edit: the screenshot didn't work, so here's the transcript:

I just finished my physics pset, and I was rewarding myself with an A Cappella Science video after every problem. The last problem was about entropy, so naturally I picked Entropic Time to celebrate finishing it. I was humming it a few minutes after the video finished, and realized something that made me fall back into my chair.

I am aromantic. I also obey the Second Law of Thermodynamics.

I am...an aro of entropic time.

On 22/04/2016 at 2:46 AM, Cassiopeia said:

I can't find the original of the middle one (someone did it with the ace flag, I have been digging for it for a week, nothing. Someone please send me a link :)) so I decided to remake it for this forum.

After that it just went out of control

859427186aa_copy_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jp

Featuring: "Put down that pitchfork, seriously, we just wanted to be friends...",

"When you kiss me like that it feels like you devouring my soul" and finally

"Invisible but not to the randoms who low key wanna kill me. Seriously who are these people? All I wanted was a second breakfast"

I found it! Completely on accident!

12390888_972163592822598_512973562928442

So, in chat it was mentioned about how some people think that aromantics and asexuals aren't real. And I said, "If ace/aros are imaginary, that just means we're too complex for you."

Archived