Which Aromantic Flag?

Which one do you like most?  

113 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

9 minutes ago, Simowl said:

I prefer the one with orange/yellow (the bottom one) It's pretty much the main one I've seen and the other colours just don't seem to fit as well. 

The bottom one has no orange or yellow.

Do you mean "I prefer the one without orange/yellow (the bottom one)" or "I prefer the one with orange/yellow (the top one)"

40 minutes ago, Louis Hypo said:

The bottom one has no orange or yellow.

Do you mean "I prefer the one without orange/yellow (the bottom one)" or "I prefer the one with orange/yellow (the top one)"

Oh, I meant without. 

I don't like the orange and I like the light green, so I like either of the two bottom ones, but the last one is definitely the most common. The only good thing about the orange one is that it's more distinctive, but it's also hard to look at, so even though it was the main one for a while, it's gone out of use. I've only been judging them aesthetically and didn't know the colors had meanings, so learning the reasons for each color would be interesting. 

1 hour ago, hippiesthop said:

I like the one with white, when I see one of the others the yellow always clashes with the grey.

1 hour ago, aihpen said:

I've seen the bottom one the most and I like that one. I'd also say the first one looks fine, but I don't know what the yellow and orange stand for, so I'm not sure about it.

58 minutes ago, PhysicsOwl said:

I don't like the orange and I like the light green, so I like either of the two bottom ones, but the last one is definitely the most common. The only good thing about the orange one is that it's more distinctive, but it's also hard to look at, so even though it was the main one for a while, it's gone out of use. I've only been judging them aesthetically and didn't know the colors had meanings, so learning the reasons for each color would be interesting. 

Well the bottom is most common and I read that autism can make yellow difficult and the yellow & orange are too similar to colours in Rastafarian flags. Green means Aromantic (opposite of red), gray is gray-aros and black is demiromantics.

1 hour ago, Rising Sun said:

What do the yellow and orange colours represent ?

Yellow is Lithromantics and Orange is between red and yellow for grey-romantics (even though grey is more suitable)

I like the second or third one. Yellow represents platonic relationships, and the white makes it too close to the asexual flag for my tastes (as an allo aro, I really want our community to stop being a smaller offshoot of the ace community and to start reaching more allo aros like me!), but the orange is too garish and similar to the Jamaican/Rastafarian flags for my tastes. I'm a fan of cameronwhimsy's flag design/meaning, and as far as sensory issues goes, we can't really design a flag that will be inclusive of everyone with trauma/sensory issues around colors as our community grows (speaking as someone with SPD: yellow doesn't have a special property that makes it Sensorily Awful, it's an individual thing--if anything, the white is worse for me because it's bright, and as far as I know there was only one or two people for whom the yellow was inaccessible). But if the community ends up deciding that the last one is better then I'll switch to that one :) 

Personally, I like either the second to last one or the last one. The last one isn't as hard on the eyes (the yellow is a little bright; but if the shade was different it might look better). I also like how they flow together instead of being kind of disjointed like the first one.

My favourite is the third one, and it's actually the one I saw the most before coming here. I like the way it incorporates the yellow as the colour of friendship, because I like yellow roses for the same reason.

To be honest, just visually speaking I do have a slight preference for the last one, BUT it also has 2 problems:

1. The other colors have more symbolism behind them

2. It looks very similar to the agender flag, really only differing by number of stripes...which, as an agender aro, I find to be something of a problem.

Archived