Aro playlist

One more. Heating it again made me realize it's an apothiromantic/antiromantic song. NIKI's Warpaint

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

This one's another good aro/apothiro/antiro song

Haven't seen anyone mention Crush Culture by Conan Gray yet.

"I don't care if I'm forever alone
I'm not falling for you
'Cause this baby is loveproof

I don't care what you're sayin'
I don't wanna participate in your game of manipulation
And no, I don't want your sympathy, all this love is suffocating

Just let me be sad and lonely"

I love this song xD

Conan+GRAY+Crush.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

• 2 months later...

If someone want a song in French for a change, there is Je serai (ta meilleure amie) from Lorie (translation : I will be (your best friend)). This singer is suppose to be for kids and I won't deny it, but this song still celebrates friendship. She says to her n'est friend that she'll always be there for her.

• Like 1

These are all really good, most of my suggestions have been said already but I have a couple I don't think have been said

-The way I am, Charlie Puth

- Don't, Ed Sheeran

-Sing, Pentatonix

-Death of a Bachelor, Panic! at the Disco

-Ain't it fun, Paramore

-Gives you hell, The all American rejects

-Phoenix, Fall out boy

This is mainly just empowering songs that don't have romantic or sexual connotations, not quite specific aspec meanings

Also suggested: Love song, Sara Bareilles. I know it doesn't sound like it is but hear me out this is a good one :aroicecream:

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 8/6/2018 at 8:00 PM, PRollo said:

Today I found an aromantic musician called Moses Sumney! (I assume he's aromantic, since one of his albums is called 'Aromanticism") The music might not be to your taste, but you should check it out! Here's the link to "Aromanticism" on Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/album/30WjNaR79shSTGB52IJTw0?si=CEDDNXOAQzOOamYPzmZYFQ

Yeah, he is Aromantic,, I love his music especially Plastic and don't bother calling,, over all just a really good dude :)))

On 5/7/2019 at 5:04 PM, SwoleBirder said:

Haven't seen anyone mention Crush Culture by Conan Gray yet.

"I don't care if I'm forever alone
I'm not falling for you
'Cause this baby is loveproof

I don't care what you're sayin'
I don't wanna participate in your game of manipulation
And no, I don't want your sympathy, all this love is suffocating

Just let me be sad and lonely"

I love this song xD

Conan+GRAY+Crush.jpg

AJKSD I've listened to this song a bajillion times it is V E R Y good :)

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...

There is a german song called „never been in love“ by Paula Hartmann („nie verliebt“)

i just translated the lyrics through deepl haha for the non german speaking users. Ku‘damm, Westend, Hermannsplatz are places in Berlin

Who am I that you think you have a right to my time (aha)
Ku'damm corner, stay dreaming
Headlight cone on us two
Looking for the S-Bahn at half past two in the morning
Get up at six in the morning
But then still cheap wine (again cheap wine)
At five then be on the bus direction fucked up
Shower, brush teeth and aspirin purely
Hair back, voice low
I've never been in love, hm-hm, hm-hm
And again a night without sleep
Head leaning against the dirty window of a train
I've never been in love, hm
The last sip of wine, the cigarette by the track
And the very last kiss, but don't worry
I've never been in love
The feeling that something was missing
Lost last night, between being alive and emptiness
Westend and Hermannplatz
Eyes burn badly, face is pale
And I still want more
And all my dreams and wishes and worries
Knife in, better forgotten till tomorrow
Hair back, the voice is low
I've never been in love, hm-hm, hm-hm
And again a night without sleep
The head leans against the dirty window of a train
The last sip of wine, the cigarette by the track
And the very last kiss, but don't worry
I've never been in love

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/7/2018 at 2:24 PM, AroAce_Fangirl said:

Any aro artists would be cool too

Hi!

I'm new to the forum and when I saw your post I just wanted to point out one of the AroAce music artists I know. I don't know if their songs are aromantic as per your request, but I know that they are indeed aromantic (I believe that they are also trans going with he/they pronouns but I'm not too sure) their artist name is Cavetown.

Take care and stay hydrated! <3

Edited by blepinnoodles

I don't know if anyone has said this, but I think that c418's Habitual Crush is fairly aro. At the very least, it feels very aro-questioning to me. c418 himself said he wrote it at a time when he was confused about the concept of romance, and I think some of the lyrics can be interpreted as aro. I just know that when I was questioning if I was aro, it felt like that song gave words to my feelings lol.

• Like 1

It's 2022, so I don't know if this thread is of topic anymore to some people, but when discussing aromantic artists I don't see Donovan Funk referenced, like, at all? And he makes very good music, but barely have any views on YT, or listens on Spotify.

But anyhow, I also wanted to share songs that I interpreted as aromantic/have heavy aro-coded vibes!

Call Me The Breeze - Lynyrd Skynyrd

(basic summary: singer states how they're not tied to anyone as they travel about, and they're absolutely fine with that)

Why iii Love The Moon - Phony Ppl

(basic summary: singer feels that love is just too intangible and somewhat fake, so they turn towards something that's real, which is the moon)

From Here - coldroses

(interpretation: singer is finding bits and pieces of their identity, which shifts their axis on the world as they also replay the past love they either thought they felt, or used to feel)

Heart Eater - Connie Glynn  [an aro artist]

(basic summary: singer states how they've felt like they had to try over and over again to date or form crushes)

Will I Ever Find a Love? - Tower of Power

(basic summary: singer laments about going about their days without finding their "true love" | like an aro in denial situation (or a person who possibly doesn't know that they're aro) where they want/yearn for a partner with some conditioned amatonormativity involved as well)

Aerials - System Of A Down

(interpretation: singer states how people feel very lost in their identity, but when they discover a label that makes everything click it makes them feel lost all over again, until they're eventually comfortable with ourselves)

sorry haha i fell asleep - Egg

(basic summary: singer expresses how they're not good at communicating and so often struggles to reply back to friends |I interepret this as someone who's aro and who doesn't want to get too close with a friend that they like, because they're afraid to give themselves away to which their friend would then leave them)

The Willow Maid - Erutan

(basic summary: singer tells a tale about many men who tried to court a willow maid who didn't want to take on a spouse at all)

No Widows - The Antlers

(basic summary: singer states how if anything were to happen to them that there wouldn't be a spouse to mourn them, nor a family abandoned by their absence, because a spouse and a family isn't what they wanted)

Don't Call My Name - Skinshape

(basic summary: singer states how they'll dubiously wait to embrace the person that they've had side relations with | I interpret this as an aro who doesn't mind being a side piece (or probably something more) to the person they're "with" but also wouldn't care less if the relationship was cut off)

High Notes - Dizzy!

(interpretation: singer states how someone who loves them needs to stop trying to be their "hero," since the singer doesn't love them back, although they've tried)

Edited by The Newest Fabled Creature

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Sadly idk any actual aroace themed songs besides maybe Never Been in Love by Will Jay and Turning Out by AJR, but theres these two that have aroace coded lines:

Perfume by Lovejoy: ("It seems like all our friends/Abruptly fell in love/And she was in the dust/Darling, life was streaming past/So she learnt to lie/She learnt how to pretend/A drama in the futile/A means to an end")

This is Home by Cavetown: ("Often I am upset that I cannot fall in love but I guess/This avoids the stress of falling out of it")