ChimChim

Rising children as qp partners?

No experience but I think I'd like to adopt 1 or 2 kids in the future if I ever manage to find myself a Permanent Platonic Partner TM.  I'd also be interested in any advice/information.

I feel like adoption agencies would all favor married couples over two(or more) non-married, co-habitating people.  Can anyone confirm if that's true?

It's true about the favoriting system with adoption agencies. They tend to prefer cis hetero couples over everyone else.

1. Quote

On 01/09/2017 at 8:50 PM, starstuff said:

Permanent Platonic Partner TM

I love this :D

I don't have anything really much to say about adopting kids with your PPP or QPR, but it's definitely something I'd be interested in future.

I'm more interested about adopting alone personally but I think it would maybe be easier to adopt with a qpp. If people assume you're in a relationship (especially if it's straight) they'll probably be more favorable into your adoption. The most important for them is that you're financially stable I think. If you're both financially stable it'll probably won't be a problem. I think the biggest issue would be on the child tho. Because they would probably hear about other children with their parents being in love and together and all that jazz. I mean it's a common thing that divorced parents is pretty hard a child because of society. Now it's a bit better but you've gotta be prefer for them at school hearing about all these others parents being alloromantics together or allos divorced and it could pretty confusing for them. They could wait for their parents to fall in love or just not understanding why you live together (if you do) and in good terms but not together together in a romantic way. They would ask about why you're not kissing like other parents and you'd have to be prepared for that. You'll need to straighten things up pretty soon with them I think and be really clear and ready to fight the ignorance of the system. 

That's where the challenge will be I think (well it's a child so there'll also be a ton of other challenges but regarding you being in a qpp instead of a romantic one). 

• Like 1