Comfort music

HelloThere

Depends. If I'm looking for nostalgia, usually either the Clash (particularly anything off Combat Rock) or Fleetwood Mac. If I'm looking to get cheered up, eurobeat. If I'm looking to go to sleep, usually something by Gojira or Kaoru Akimoto.

• Like 1

Just now, Jot-Aro Kujo said:

Depends. If I'm looking for nostalgia, usually either the Clash (particularly anything off Combat Rock) or Fleetwood Mac. If I'm looking to get cheered up, eurobeat. If I'm looking to go to sleep, usually something by Gojira or Kaoru Akimoto.

Never heard of them before. I might check out a lot of the musicians people keep talking about but tbh there’s just so many of them. 😅

1 minute ago, Jot-Aro Kujo said:

Though that does sound interesting.

16 minutes ago, HelloThere said:

Never heard of them before. I might check out a lot of the musicians people keep talking about but tbh there’s just so many of them. 😅

Though that does sound interesting.

Well Eurobeat specifically isn’t an artist, it’s a musical genre. But as far as the artists I mentioned, I do highly recommend the Clash, especially if you have any interest in history. My favorite songs of theirs are Know Your Rights, London Calling, Spanish Bombs, and Lost in the Supermarket. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nostalgia said:

This. Was gorgeous. No words.

And hey! Where's my invitation to the geek club??

Because I'm a huge gaming and cartoon nerd:

Oh my gosh I absolutely LOVE gravity falls. Very good pick.

Also I need to just spread that soundtrack to the rest of the world, it’s absolutely beautiful. 

Edited by HelloThere

I typically listen to any type of genre of music normally, but my comfort music tends to be a set mix, which is usually old love songs (Frank Sinatra, Jack Hylton, Paul Anka, and so much more), indie Disco (the only artist  I  know to be in this genre is Lando Burch), and some peaceful country (Glenn Campbell, John Denver, etc).

I won't share the love songs I like nor country songs with actual soul put into them, because many of us have already heard them before, but I'll share my ultimate favorite Lando Burch music:

"Dancing Shoes" - https://youtu.be/s6ThzLWRAjg

"Summerfruit (feat. Leila XY)" - https://youtu.be/mX-A0wH-wH8

"Never Knew" - https://youtu.be/VjraAa0M6L8

"Rendezvous (feat. Adiel Mitchell)" - https://youtu.be/mSu-Dej8maE

"Such a Happy Feelin'" - https://youtu.be/taB17t7OzBI

His music sounds like it be a soundtrack to some 70s or 80s movie, I love it

• Like 1

It really depends.

If I wanna just listen to something comforting with lyrics, good options are usually Cavetown and Lovejoy (“This is Home” by Cavetown specifically). Alternatively if I wanna listen to something a little bit sadder I put on some Juice WRLD or tentacion (“Guardian Angle” “ before I close my eyes” and “Carry On” by tentacion specifically, and “Righteous” “Legends” and “Wishing Well” by Juice WRLD specifically.)

If I want something more instrumental I’ll usually just put the undertale soundtrack on shuffle for an hour or two lmao, but that still won’t stop the anime music on repeat in my head 🤪.

23 minutes ago, Kira- said:

It really depends.

If I wanna just listen to something comforting with lyrics, good options are usually Cavetown and Lovejoy (“This is Home” by Cavetown specifically). Alternatively if I wanna listen to something a little bit sadder I put on some Juice WRLD or tentacion (“Guardian Angle” “ before I close my eyes” and “Carry On” by tentacion specifically, and “Righteous” “Legends” and “Wishing Well” by Juice WRLD specifically.)

If I want something more instrumental I’ll usually just put the undertale soundtrack on shuffle for an hour or two lmao, but that still won’t stop the anime music on repeat in my head 🤪.

Though seriously, I’m BEGGING YOU, listen to the freaking soundtrack I linked. I listened to that for hours, it’s freaking amazing.

22 minutes ago, HelloThere said:

Though seriously, I’m BEGGING YOU, listen to the freaking soundtrack I linked. I listened to that for hours, it’s freaking amazing.

I don’t have my computer rn and I’m on my iPad so I’ll see it in like a week but ya I’ll listen to it when I can.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
On 7/14/2023 at 9:12 AM, HelloThere said:

Link songs that you just listen to for comfort or to feel better about your day. I personally just listen to random soundtracks from the owl house and stuff but it’s surprisingly relaxing. Oh my gosh I’m such a geek. 😅

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OJoQZvwP-0k

YOU ARE SO REAL FOR THIS :DDDDDD

On 3/25/2024 at 3:37 PM, smac n cheese said:

Talk to Me- Cavetown 

yes. just, yes.

Cavetown. Any cavetown song.

-Home

-This is home

-talk to me

-kill u

-heart attack

-boys will be bugs

-devil town

-big bowl in the sky

-ill make cereal

-a kind thing to do

-frog (this has some love stuff so might not be your thing)

-meteor shower

-hug all ur friends

-obvious

-I want to meet ur dog

-Idea of her (sounds like a love song but if you listen it's about being aroace) "if I don't want anyone then why do I feel so alone"

-is your bedroom ceiling bored (kinda love song?)

-Pyjama pants

- For you

-I miss my mum

-telescope

-advice

-poison

-just add water

-sliiping latley

-wasabi-juliet (love song?)

-sweet tooth (love song?)

-Lemon boy

-sharpener (TW!! about s.h.)

-pigeon

-grocery store

-empty bed (TW!! mentions suic!de)

-Teenage dirtbag (remix, about love but it sounds cool)

-We're alive

-Youve got a friend in me

and more but these are all rlly good

Mother mother like any song is good

yeah there's more but this post is getting long so good luck :)

• 2 weeks later...