What is everyone's favourite flower/plant?

PhoebeFrog

Personally, I like stuff like roses and poppies and also purple fuscsias or more shrubbery stuff like lavender and lilac! I also love ferns for fav plant.

I love roses because idk they're pretty and come in loads of cool colours like pink and red. Poppies share the name with my previous cat, and we grow fuscsias and lavender/lilac in our garden every year, as well as red and yellow tulips. My mum is obsessed with ferns and they're just kinda cool ig.

Just thought it would be interesting to see everyone's favourites and the reasoning behind them, either great significance and symbolism, or its kinda pretty!

tropical-fuchsia-plant.jpg

• Like 9

Good plant favorites, everybody 💚🌿🍃

Succulent plants. They're green, require very little water, find them fascinating.

I especially like my rubber succulent plant because: 1.) It's immortal 2.) Goes great with my desk skull 3.) Doesn't reflect my recorded failed plant-parenting record 4.) It references Vincent Price.

Edit: Previously plant-parented two real succulent plants for 1 year each. One of them was nick-named Freeman Lowell. Reference to the pro-environment protagonist in the environmentalist Sci-Fi movie Silent Running (1972).

Edited by -Veet-Voojagig
  • Like 4

12 minutes ago, AroAcedragon13 said:

probably a daisy or a dahlia

image.jpeg.43d989379c496f729e57387e63a0b7d5.jpeg

Nice!! The pink is sooo nice

2 minutes ago, -Veet-Voojagig said:

Good plant favorites 💚

Succulent plants. They're green, require very little water, find them fascinating.

I especially like my rubber succulent plant because: 1.) It's immortal 2.) Goes great with my desk skull.

Reveal hidden contents

Here's the photo

20221108_011842 2.jpg

Yeah try telling m sister that... shes killed at LEAST 5 succulents so we don't trust her with organic life anymore

Yeah fake plants are great, no liability or responsiblilty

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I used to have a tree in my Grandma's old house that I loved to climb and spend time in.  I once had a nightmare that it was being chopped down.  That's probably my favorite plant.

• Like 2

Hadn't thought about it much but I have decided just now that it is the Calathea Medallion. I mean, just look at it. The leaves look like they're painted ❤️

Calathea-Medallion-Care.webp.fff0b09a924032a98a983841072dc8d7.webp

I also relate to this plant because I too am easily sunburned, don't like tap water, and am prone to iron deficiency. 🤣

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

For inside I like big, leafy, green plants like the epipremnum family. I owe at least 5 different varieties of that one so it is safe to say it is my favourite (sorry to my 65 other wonderful plants!)

74DCEBE8-96E9-41F5-A531-28971A729BA9.jpeg.e3710294c45a54580ab984cc40a3586a.jpeg

Outside I like mainly pink and purple flowering plants, with my all-time favourite being lonicera periclymenum, the sweet smelling variant.

04DF5358-7A25-48FE-9D19-4D20B263D1D0.jpeg.173b68fbcb6a18879583cd06273247ae.jpeg

• Like 3

My favorite plant is a quaking aspen. Entire forests can be just one tree, they make their own sunscreen, the leaves moving in the wind is the most beautiful thing, and they are gorgeous in fall.

Quaking Aspen, Zion National Park, Utah (pinned by haw-creek.com ...

Edited by Neon
  • Like 7

21 hours ago, PhoebeFrog said:

Yeah try telling m sister that... shes killed at LEAST 5 succulents so we don't trust her with organic life anymore

Yeah fake plants are great, no liability or responsiblilty

Her death toll is 5?! That's disasterously impressive. 💀

#RIP to those organic lifeforms

• Like 1

best plants are the ones i can eat or drink*

barley and hops are the greatest plants ever as far as i'm concerned. tea plant a close third place.

potatoes, top quality plant. boil em, mash em, stick em in a stew (or make surprisingly good vodka out of them)

strawberries, raspberries, both fantastic. also have a soft spot for redcurrants, they make great jam.

other than the tasty ones, anything that makes me  laugh. naked man orchid wins this one hands down. although the sausage tree and a sharp leaved plant known as mother in law's tongue do also make me smile.

*more than once

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

@roboticanary I know a very useful and versatile plant that was cultivated by humans since ancient time, but has unjustly fallen into disrepute in the last decades.

It can be processed into textiles, ropes, paper, oils and varnishes. Also its seed are very nutritious. It's a medicine, a food ingredient and can even be smoked.

So does it get any better than this?

• Like 2

My faves are sunflowers, moss (Bryophyta in general), and Thismia fairy lanterns

thismia.jpg

On 11/10/2022 at 2:32 PM, Neon said:

My favorite plant is a quaking aspen. Entire forests can be just one tree, they make their own sunscreen, the leaves moving in the wind is the most beautiful thing, and they are gorgeous in fall.

I love quaking aspen too!! I got to see a bunch when I was in Colorado last summer. I hadn't expected them to be that big lol. Very beautiful trees

On 11/10/2022 at 3:08 PM, DeltaAro said:

I like bamboo and pines (Pinus sylvestris).

Ayy nice to see another pine fan 😄

Edited by Apex
  • Like 5

I like the back dahlia because I was going to be named after it instead they made it my middle name. (yes I am named after the back dahlia murders my dad is interesting). I like to just say my middle name is dahlia because I know it is insensitive to the victim's family's 

Edited by MaxIsCosmic
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, A User said:

but also i love aloe vera! it's so cool!

I also like Agave.

https://mediaproxy.salon.com/width/1200/https://media.salon.com/2020/12/agave.jpg

Looks like from an alien planet. 👽

18 hours ago, A User said:

oh no you FRICKING DID NOT-

Hey OP stared with this! Posted poppy as favourite plant. 😄

Papaver somniferum is another one of those unfairly maligned plants, despite providing a delicious food ingredient.

https://picturethisai.com/image-handle/website_cmsname/image/1080/BF48ADBDDB2D4B708D46567F70ECC6CE.jpeg?x-oss-process=image/format,webp/quality,q_60/resize,l_600&v=1.0

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hydrangea, Sunflower, and I love types of Ivy and ferns.

On 11/10/2022 at 1:44 AM, A_Mess said:

Hadn't thought about it much but I have decided just now that it is the Calathea Medallion. I mean, just look at it. The leaves look like they're painted ❤️

Calathea-Medallion-Care.webp.fff0b09a924032a98a983841072dc8d7.webp

I also relate to this plant because I too am easily sunburned, don't like tap water, and am prone to iron deficiency. 🤣

I LOVE THIS ONE!!!!! THAT'S SO PRETTY AHHHHH!!!

• Like 1

On 11/9/2022 at 2:38 PM, PhoebeFrog said:

Just thought it would be interesting to see everyone's favourites and the reasoning behind them, either great significance and symbolism, or its kinda pretty!

asexuals- jk jk jk

My favorite flower is the one that doesnt attract bees, whichever one that may be

Ever since I was a kid I've had a fascination with mushrooms. Irl and in fiction, from the mushrooms encountered by Alice and Mario in their respective fantasy worlds to the fawns that sprang up in Missouri every April that barely fit in my 5 year old hands.

Photo of a fawn mushroom, which is a brownish gray, gilled, capped mushroom

I have seen them everywhere, growing on everything. Old logs, cow dung, multiple flushes coming out of the ground where trees once stood..I've even seen fruit bodies springing out of sticks laying on the ground! They just amaze me. As organisms, and for their uses as food and medicine. I've even grown my own. Yes the one you're probably thinking of...Oyster. They're a real treat properly cooked.

image.jpeg

Edited by The Gray Warlock
  • Like 2