teen corner

lovecook

7 hours ago, Storm_leopardcat said:

I don't know why, but it seems like to me that @AroAcedragon13 would like the Warriors series, and would be a fan of them.

I've never read them and don't have any intention to.But in like 4th grade my friend was wildly obsessed with them I never really understood it though it seemed too complicated. 

9 hours ago, Storm_leopardcat said:

Why did she not allow you to use your computer for four months because of AVEN? And how come she let you use it now? I'm surprised she isn't monitoring your computer usage after letting you use it.

I also like how peaceful it is! I love the layout, and think it is neat and clean too! 

Do you mean that it is peaceful because of the cleanliness of the website?

Yes. The white gives it a very calm vibe.

And okay, so I was still allowed to use my computer, but I had to be where she could see me. But yesterday, my dad wanted to watch his weird vampire show or whatever and she's like "Fandom (okay, she actually said my given name, but same sentiment), you might not like this. You can go in your room."

• Like 1

How can someone be a questioning furry, though?

idk i just draw a lot of anthro characters

What is the name of the furry admin?

janus the fox

10 hours ago, Storm_leopardcat said:

Oh, cool, that first sentence would explain a lot. Bu then how come AVEN has no limit on image sizes? I get that it probably has more funding, as well as the fact that it is more in demand. But still.

couldn't tell you sorry

How come Arocalypse doesn't have that kind of focus on sex/sexual relationships? I get that a lot of these people came from AVEN, so they are probably more understanding of why not to do that, and a lot of people here are AroAce. But there are a lot of aro-allos here, no? 

yeah i'm not sure

i suppose romantic (and sexual, which is typically a given) attraction has a larger emphasis than say platonic and sexual attraction, maybe

though that might just be me projecting lol

By the way, are you a furry, @Collie?

i believe they are

• Like 1

20 hours ago, EGGHEAD said:

i believe it's just hosted on the same... domain or whatever

On 11/13/2022 at 10:06 AM, Storm_leopardcat said:

invision!

it;s a forum hosting site.

which aven and apocalypse are both on!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, A User said:

invision!

They do hosting, too? I just thought they provided the web community software...

PS: Invision is the reason why you can't have high-res "frog catching fly" badges for mods.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DeltaAro said:

They do hosting, too? I just thought they provided the web community software...

PS: Invision is the reason why you can't have high-res "frog catching fly" badges for mods.

idk who hosts or what bc ive never looked

https://invisioncommunity.com/buy/

im looking at the features tho (holy cow there's a lot of subscriptions) and it seems that domain names come as a part of it so honestly *shrugs*

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fandom Fanatic said:

sexuality is stupid.

i think i might just go back to using aroace as an umbrella term.

i really don't want to, but nothing else is working.

it's starting to affect my mental health.

jeez

i mean you can do whatever you'd like if it's helpful

idk how to help you

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, EGGHEAD said:

jeez

i mean you can do whatever you'd like if it's helpful

idk how to help you

i think until something strikes me, i'm just going to use aroace, at least until i talk to Delta. Delta usually has good advice. keep in mind, i'm not trying to say anything like "i'd rather talk to Delta than you" that's not what i'm saying. i literally tell him everything, he was one of the first best friends i made online and going to him before i make a big decision is just habit.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Fandom Fanatic said:

i mean aroace is an umbrella term and it can also be an orientation of itself. but speaking of umbrella terms i got reminded of an extremely unpopular term popping up called spadillic. though i dont really find it necessary i still think its got a really cool name so i might use it??

but aroace is definitely more clear since spadillic is supposed to be a broader umbrella term 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sevan said:

i mean aroace is an umbrella term and it can also be an orientation of itself. but speaking of umbrella terms i got reminded of an extremely unpopular term popping up called spadillic. though i dont really find it necessary i still think its got a really cool name so i might use it??

but aroace is definitely more clear since spadillic is supposed to be a broader umbrella term 

i'd say if it makes you comfortable, go for it.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Fandom Fanatic said:

keep in mind, i'm not trying to say anything like "i'd rather talk to Delta than you" that's not what i'm saying. i literally tell him everything, he was one of the first best friends i made online and going to him before i make a big decision is just habit.

okay good cause if you don't specify that and honestly even if you do my brain is just going to automatically go to that

2 minutes ago, EGGHEAD said:

okay good cause if you don't specify that and honestly even if you do my brain is just going to automatically go to that

egghead, you're one of my best friends. you're not coming in second. you never will. and i value you a lot, okay?

3 minutes ago, sevan said:

i mean yeah im considering. i think ill just have another both. both is good moment

yay sevan! realizing sexuality!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Fandom Fanatic said:

egghead, you're one of my best friends. you're not coming in second. you never will. and i value you a lot, okay?

yes, you're right, my brain just has a hard time handling rejection (or perceived rejection)

On 11/15/2022 at 12:35 AM, Merli said:

Yeah, I go on a school with horse education. We have subjects about horses and will get a title there more than just the normal (maths, Swedish, English, history and so on)

Oh, okay, sounds cool!

On 11/15/2022 at 12:49 AM, AroAcedragon13 said:

I've never read them and don't have any intention to.But in like 4th grade my friend was wildly obsessed with them I never really understood it though it seemed too complicated. 

It's just a fantasy series about feral cats (cats who are not pets or live in the wild). And they are divided into a few different clans.

On 11/15/2022 at 2:06 AM, Harvest said:

it is kind of complicated tbh, there's like 90+ books and so many damn characters

True, true. I would have loved the concept of the main plot, though, as a kid! I loved cats, and still do!

On 11/15/2022 at 3:03 AM, Fandom Fanatic said:

Yes. The white gives it a very calm vibe.

And okay, so I was still allowed to use my computer, but I had to be where she could see me. But yesterday, my dad wanted to watch his weird vampire show or whatever and she's like "Fandom (okay, she actually said my given name, but same sentiment), you might not like this. You can go in your room."

Same sentiment as what?

So she knows you're aro, that's why she thought you wouldn't want to watch it (supposedly because it has depictions of romance?)? Or what?

Hmm, so she did let you go to your room and let you use your computer without saying anything about it? 

On 11/15/2022 at 3:27 AM, EGGHEAD said:

idk i just draw a lot of anthro characters

janus the fox

couldn't tell you sorry

yeah i'm not sure

i suppose romantic (and sexual, which is typically a given) attraction has a larger emphasis than say platonic and sexual attraction, maybe

though that might just be me projecting lol

i believe they are

Hmm, seems you were right, she is a furry.
Did you mean platonic and sensual (not sexual as you wrote) attraction?
Oh, Janus the fox. Seems familiar, will look him up. Thank you!
Do you have an art account? Or somewhere you post art? Any social media I could check you out on?

On 11/15/2022 at 3:33 AM, A User said:

invision!

it;s a forum hosting site.

which aven and apocalypse are both on!

Hmm, seems familiar. Which else websites are hosted by Invision?

On 11/15/2022 at 3:51 AM, EGGHEAD said:

oh damn but that was so cool

wait no i misread

lol

Same, I misread it too!

8 hours ago, Fandom Fanatic said:

sexuality is stupid.

i really don't want to, but nothing else is working.

it's starting to affect my mental health.

Have you considered taking a break from LGBTQIA+ spaces for a while, especially forums and spaces like this? I feel the same, at times. It happens if you spend too much time in certain communities, and then you start to focus a little too much on your sexuality. Or gender identity. Or both

8 hours ago, sevan said:

Do tell me more, and eloborate, on spadillic? I have heard of it, and it seems quite useful. Why is it unpopuular? I have never heard of that before!

How is spadillic a more broad term?

7 hours ago, Collie said:

Yes.
I'm almost 30 though, so will see my way out of this thread now

Alright, thank you!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Storm_leopardcat said:

Do tell me more, and eloborate, on spadillic? I have heard of it, and it seems quite useful. Why is it unpopuular? I have never heard of that before!

How is spadillic a more broad term?

i do have a hyperlink to its wiki page so read that if youd like. spadillic is basically a broader term including all aro/acespec people. it can also be another word for aroace though

the reason why its unpopular is an idk moment. i just dont see it around and it only popped up lately so i guess its a new term

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Storm_leopardcat said:

Have you considered taking a break from LGBTQIA+ spaces for a while, especially forums and spaces like this? I feel the same, at times. It happens if you spend too much time in certain communities, and then you start to focus a little too much on your sexuality. Or gender identity. Or both

14 hours ago, sevan said:

That's true. I might need to unplug for a bit.

6 hours ago, Storm_leopardcat said:

Same sentiment as what?

So she knows you're aro, that's why she thought you wouldn't want to watch it (supposedly because it has depictions of romance?)? Or what?

Hmm, so she did let you go to your room and let you use your computer without saying anything about it?

My mom called me my given name, but I'm not revealing my actual name on the internet, so I replaced it with my nickname. 

no, my mom does not know I'm aro. She thought I wouldn't want to watch it because I'm not much of a horror/vampire fan.

And yes, essentially.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Fandom Fanatic said:

i think until something strikes me, i'm just going to use aroace, at least until i talk to Delta. Delta usually has good advice. keep in mind, i'm not trying to say anything like "i'd rather talk to Delta than you" that's not what i'm saying. i literally tell him everything, he was one of the first best friends i made online and going to him before i make a big decision is just habit.

I honestly do not know what to think of this

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Deltalorian said:

I honestly do not know what to think of this

We've been over this. You're one of my best friends and I think you have good advice. Besides, I literally ask you about everything under the sun that I need help with.

16 hours ago, EGGHEAD said:

same ahhaha hahahha if anyone says anything my brain jumps to bad conclusions lol

anyway.

i've had two panic attacks in the last two days

and like four anxiety attacks

• Like 1