Hobbies

Sili

9 minutes ago, HelloThere said:

It's always nice whenever some new content shows up or you find new music. People say that romance is one of the best emotions but how about your emotional reaction when you FINALLY find that one song you've been looking for but just couldn't remember the name? There was this one time I was looking for one phonk song that I absolutely loved hearing when watching yt shorts and it took me literal hours but I finally found it like a month ago. XD

That literally happened to me the other day!! The joy was immense. I found this song that has been used everywhere on tik tok and whenever I tried clicking on the record spinning to find it's name, it was always some pre-recording of the song so the name wouldn't be on there. The song was Love You So by The King Khan & BBQ Show, one my of new favorite romo songs now聽馃槑

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Newest Fabled Creature said:

That literally happened to me the other day!! The joy was immense. I found this song that has been used everywhere on tik tok and whenever I tried clicking on the record spinning to find it's name, it was always some pre-recording of the song so the name wouldn't be on there. The song was Love You So by The King Khan & BBQ Show, one my of new favorite romo songs now聽馃槑

I was trying to find some random phonk song I'd seen in an edit. I scrolled through random tik tok song compilations for literal hours but it was worth every second! :D

• Like 2

• 7 months later...

I love playing video games and hiking and also love to embroider, i'm doing a big project with a flower and also like playing halo 3 and infinite.聽聽

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 5/31/2023 at 3:43 PM, CanadianBird said:

CSS coding

Great, I'm very impressed! For me, starting to code in CSS was the uncomfortable moment where all my previous programming experience was null and void.

I think that CSS in reality means "Check your superiority, you actually suck".

image.jpeg.c55c21e878537080fbde3efe3601af95.jpeg

Oh, and if someone says it's not real programming, show them that.

CSS + HTML is Turing-complete! 馃槃

• Like 2

On 3/17/2024 at 10:48 AM, DeltaAro said:

For me, starting to code in CSS was the uncomfortable moment where all my previous programming experience was null and void.

Haha thanks, I'll be sure to show them the preview!

I can definitely see why some back-end programmers look down on us CSS users, but I think it's fair to say that sometimes we have it tough too (Of course, I've only been a it for a year-ish consistently, so experts would have it better than me).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, allhailtheglowcloud said:

I like it, although html and CSS are the only ones I know and I don't have a lot of experience outside of web design so I'm not even close to an expert

okay. I have only a little experience with hmtl :)

• Like 2

On 3/19/2024 at 11:30 PM, CanadianBird said:

I can definitely see why some back-end programmers look down on us CSS users, but I think it's fair to say that sometimes we have it tough too (Of course, I've only been a it for a year-ish consistently, so experts would have it better than me).

The CSS box model is IMHO pretty difficult to understand and use correctly, and I've seen many developers who exhibit a stubborn resistance to it, since it's so different to normal programming.

Nowadays, we use stuff like Bootstrap or Foundation that make it dramatically easier, and many frontend developers regard those frameworks as workarounds to understanding CSS. They're doing ok, until a certain "small problem" comes up that needs manual fixing ...

23 hours ago, organs and bone said:

What鈥檚 the opinion on hmtl?

Plain HTML is easy to master. Do I have an opinion of it? It's kind of like asking my opinion on water, it's too basic and there's no way around it ... (HTML 5 was of course a godsend, imagine there was a time when Netflix used Silverlight).

• Like 2

On 3/17/2024 at 3:48 PM, DeltaAro said:

Great, I'm very impressed! For me, starting to code in CSS was the uncomfortable moment where all my previous programming experience was null and void.

image.jpeg.c55c21e878537080fbde3efe3601af95.jpeg

Oh, and if someone says it's not real programming, show them that.

CSS + HTML is Turing-complete! 馃槃

This is very much me - I /hate/ HTML and CSS - Really dont understand them and avoid as much as possible.

On 3/19/2024 at 5:57 PM, organs and bone said:

What鈥檚 the opinion on hmtl?

17 hours ago, DeltaAro said:

It's kind of like asking my opinion on water, it's too basic and there's no way around it

If CSS is the whipped cream, then HTML is the pancake. I like to think of it like the outlet that holds the charger. Because it's a base, there's a limit to what you can do with it in terms of styling. However, without it, you can't do anything at all.

Thankfully, this pancake uses a simple recipe and you can learn how to make it within a few hours. Still, while the basic principals are fairly easy to grasp, every time you learn a new language you sorta have to learn how to incorporate that into the base. So once in an eternity, you might pick up something new haha.

I actually don't think CSS is all too difficult to learn if you've never used a back end language before (HTML doesn't count here). In fact, compared to styling with HTML I would actually call it easier because of how it's organized.

Since I posted that first comment I did end up completing my second year compsci course and learned some java (still a beginner but I can make objects, user controls, and move stuff) but It's been torturous. Java is like math. It is math. Applying it is like calculus. Unfortunately for me, it's also important. But it does do some pretty cool things.

I can see why people who have used Java forever would be annoyed learning CSS. It's like asking a genius mathlete to excel at art class. Just, why? It's a terrible analogy but it encompasses the issue 馃槄

• Like 1

On 3/21/2024 at 4:56 PM, CanadianBird said:

If CSS is the whipped cream, then HTML is the pancake. I like to think of it like the outlet that holds the charger. Because it's a base, there's a limit to what you can do with it in terms of styling. However, without it, you can't do anything at all.

Sometimes I think applying CSS doesn't feel like putting whipped cream on a pancake, but more like making a Baked Alaska.

I actually don't think CSS is all too difficult to learn if you've never used a back end language before (HTML doesn't count here). In fact, compared to styling with HTML I would actually call it easier because of how it's organized.

How does one style with HTML? I know that web design in the age of yore was based on using HTML tables for the page. Controversially, that was probably a rather natural way to look at things. And the first iterations of CSS really had inadequate layout capabilities, e.g. missing display:table, display:flex.

Anyway ... IMHO, CSS never ceases to amaze me. Like when I came across the problem explained here. I really don't think there's anything "easy" about it. 馃榾

Since I posted that first comment I did end up completing my second year compsci course and learned some java (still a beginner but I can make objects, user controls, and move stuff) but It's been torturous. Java is like math. It is math. Applying it is like calculus. Unfortunately for me, it's also important. But it does do some pretty cool things.

Normal programming is certainly way more analytical compared to CSS. So I totally agree it is very close to math

But there was some interesting research that I just have to share, claiming "... coding does not precisely replicate the cognitive demands of mathematics either".

Probably the crucial difference is that one can employ indirect or non-constructive methods in math, but not in programming. Like, you can prove there are infinitely many primes without having to develop an algorithm that produces an infinite sequence of primes.

If we look at Euclid's proof ...

"Assume that you found the largest prime n, then the product 2 路 3 路 5 路 ... 路 n + 1 must be prime again, since any division by 2, 3, ..., n always yields the remainder 1."

... we see that it only works non-constructively: you show that a claim is self-refuting. But you don't get a method to construct primes by this. A counterexample would be 2 路 3 路 5 路 7 路 11 路 13 + 1 = 30031. This is not a prime, since 30031 = 59 路 509.

Indirect / non-constructive programming OTOH does not exist. Even the most abstract programming style must in the end construct something, produce something.