A Million Dollars But...

Zema

No, forever is a bit too long to be alone

One million dollars but you will turn into a statue for one hour everyday for the rest of your life. You will not get to choose the time and place. May happen when you sleep, may happen on a bus, in the shower etc..

• Like 1

Wait, is there a downside???? This sounds like a dream come true, I can learn everything and not be poor. WHere do I sign up??? Can I do research study and projects too. Maybe I'd get a little tired of it, but I think I can live with this :D

You get a million dollars and a secretary, but everything you write, including by hand and typing, for the next five years, must be dictated to your secretary instead. No more jotting down notes, no more private stories for your eyes only, no more alone time on arocalypse.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hmm. It depends. If my eyes and ears count as non-essential organs then no way. Otherwise, yeah I'd do it.

A million dollars but noone can see your head. It still exists, it's just invisible.

Nope. I could end up at the bottom of the ocean one day and that wouldn't end well at all.

A million dollars but you can never earn any money ever again. People can't gift money to you, and you won't even be able to pick up money that's lying on the ground.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

No.  I currently live in a small apartment, and I value my privacy too much to open my apartment up to people I don't know.  Unless I could turn my apartment into a safe house and then use the million dollars to buy myself an alternate, better apartment?  But I suspect that's not allowed

You get a million dollars but you must immediately switch to a career chosen at random, and you cannot switch back for at least 2 years.

• 2 weeks later...

I can think of several careers I'd do terribly in, so no. Unless being unemployed is a loophole.

A million dollars, but you will have to pull an all-nighter for every 17th dollar you spend.

Nope. Nope nope nopenopenopennopenopenonpenopenpoejnepope

A million dollars but you'll be moderately allergic (you'll basically become a puffball but you won't ever die from an allergic reaction) to something new each day. You'll only ever be allergic to one thing at a time, but you won't know what it is and it could be anything, even your favourite food :evilgrin:, or even something like sunlight.