Gamers

Robin

My brother is playing at the moment. He's putting down his white soapstone for this one boss, but his game is lagging and the boss doesn't attack on his screen, so he doesn't take any damage.

Hey guys I'm a 12 year old who's about to play minecraft and let's slowly break blocks and build an oak cube!

Funnily enough I did start when I was 12 but I instead slowly built red stone circuits in creative and put that online... I've grown since then.

1 minute ago, Louis Hypo said:

Hey guys I'm a 12 year old who's about to play minecraft and let's slowly break blocks and build an oak cube!

Funnily enough I did start when I was 12 but I instead slowly built red stone circuits in creative and put that online... I've grown since then.

Oh, I'm one of those embarrassing people who made an account on YouTube when I was 12... and of course it was about Minecraft. It was horrible. I haven't used that channel for anything except private videos since then.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Spud said:

Oh, I'm one of those embarrassing people who made an account on YouTube when I was 12... and of course it was about Minecraft. It was horrible. I haven't used that channel for anything except private videos since then.

*Wants to see Spud play Minecraft*

• Like 3

Just got that Telltale humble bundle so I've got Walking Dead S1/S2, Wolf Among Us and Tales from the Borderlands! Played a bit Walking Dead S1 so far.. I probably didn't need more games, but oh well :P

(I ended up playing about 3 hours straight of WD and it felt like 30 minutes)

• Like 2

All your posts about Nintendo remind me old memories.

My oldest gamer memories include Pac-Man and Tetris... And yes, that was at the time when they were the most popular, I must be a bit of an alien here :$

I always had a passion for machines but my parents often pretended they were broke when it came to expensive gifts, and I stole my older brother's and sister's stuff ha ha. My first console was a Super NES, with the usual Super Mario, Zelda and all the rest.

I've always been fond of my old games, and I've never stopped keeping vintage stuff. The kind that costs almost nothing but that's still really fun to play. :) 

On PC, it's another story, because I own Macs and without Bootcamp, even with Steam and Wine you can't play anything you want. So I don't have a large number of games (I can't really afford it anyway) but I tend to get pretty hardcore when I like something. Especially anything Will Wright's, I'm very active in these communities. I really like learning as much as I can. I collect mods and compatible hacks and love creating funny hacked content.

• Like 2

I'm a "second hand" gamer. I have terrible reflexes and coordination, but I love to be the audience.

The only thing I actually managed to play is Journey and Myst series, but I would not call it gaming. (I was the most incompetent and the laziest plumber Channelwood has ever seen...but it was pretty and fun)

On 4/13/2016 at 6:46 PM, Rising Sun said:

All your posts about Nintendo remind me old memories.

My oldest gamer memories include Pac-Man and Tetris... And yes, that was at the time when they were the most popular, I must be a bit of an alien here :$

Haha, my friend loves Tetris! He's my age (18-19 range) but it's the first game he picks out no matter what.

When I gifted him my old 3DS awhile back his first question was "is there a tetris game for it?" hee hee. I couldn't answer though because I didn't know D^: It's not my type of game...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone played the Overwatch Open Beta? I haven't had a chance to play online yet (just tutorial/offline game) but it's really fun :D Not worth the £40 for something I'll only be playing multiplayer in though... Shame.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Simowl said:

Anyone played the Overwatch Open Beta? I haven't had a chance to play online yet (just tutorial/offline game) but it's really fun :D Not worth the £40 for something I'll only be playing multiplayer in though... Shame.

Not yet, but i've seen a lot of YouTube videos in it, and it looks pretty good. Most of my friends are getting it when it comes out (including me). 

On another note, I've been playing way too much kerbal space program lately. Probably about 30 hours in the past two weeks.

EDIT: I just looked at the cost of pre-purchase for the digital download overwatch on the official site. It's $69.95 AUD for aussies, but only $39.99USD for americans. A simple conversion of USD to AUD reveals that $39.99USD is $54.25AUD. Blizzard why the actual FUCK are you charging aussies an extra $15AUD? It's a digital download ffs.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

*waves* I'm more of a retro gamer. Even as a little kid I prefered the "older" stuff to the newer stuff. It travels into more modern gaming too. I play an embarrassing amount of rpgs, sidescrollers, and games with pixel graphics. xD I prefer console gaming over computer gaming too. :ph34r: Only recently did I find a gamer's space where I actually feel welcomed because I know next to nothing about present day gaming and would always be ostracized for that.

• Like 2

I'm a gamer! I'm addicted to League of Legends atm, but apart from that I only had time for smaller indie games recently. I'm trying to fix that now by playing Witcher III. I'm super slow though xD" I'm also better with a controller than a keyboard. Playing Witcher over steam with an xBox controller right now. 

I'm also currently working on a character mod for don't starve. My friend needs to fix some issues, but apart from that he's ready to go. If anyone of you DS people are interested, I could post a link as soon as it's finished =D Don't Starve together might still take a while though. 

• Like 1

I first started gaming on PC, so like, all the games I own are PC, on Steam. I'm on leave, though, as a gamer, because finals year. So basically, all the cool games that came out/gained popularity this year? Yeah, don't have them. 

What I do have, is too much Elder Scrolls stuff, like Skyrim, and Oblivion, and Morrowind and Arena. Also, several cracked versions of WoW on several (probably illegal) servers because subscription is expensive. 

I generally stick to RPGs only because I'm super anxious about teaming up and interacting with other players on multiplayers. Like, even on WoW I tend to go solo, unless I really have to team up.

• Like 2