Favourite food

roboticanary

Just out of interst, what are peoples favourite foods.

For me, my favourite savoury food is the chip butty, which is an unhealthy monstrosity but absolutely wonderful.

For sweets I have a soft spot for spogs, one of the worst things for me was when I found out I could buy a massive 3kg bag of spogs and I both regret finding that out but also don't

• Like 1

i'll have to say lasagna, i could eat it for days and never get tired of it.

and as for sweets nearly anything with chocolate, caramel or cajeta. i have a sweet tooth for a lot of things ?‍♀️

Is it weird that my favorite food is just plain white rice?

and for sweets...

Brigadeiro de paçoca, i think
or maybe a nuts cake with doce de leite. 

or anything that does not involve chocolate and has strawberries.

• Like 2

Oh this is a hard one lol. Favorite savory food is probably a well-made bowl of piping hot noodle soup - ramen (not the instant kind), pho, or Taiwanese-styled beef noodle. Non-soupy noodle dishes like mie goreng, lard na, yakisoba too...ok maybe I'm just a predictable Asian who likes all kinds of noodles haha.

Sweets...probably panna cotta or custard pudding?

Tough question. There are so much good food in the world. If I had to chose one, I'd say pasta carbonara.

For sweets, it will be crêpes. Google tells me that English for crêpes is pancakes, but I ate pancakes and even if that's good too, that's not the same, so I will call that crêpes lol. Tell me you don't want some :

crepes-au-praline-maison.jpeg

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, nonmerci said:

Google tells me that English for crêpes is pancakes, but I et pancakes and even if that's good too, that's not the same

Yeah, at least for me, I would make pancakes with self raising flour and rise a little bit and get slightly fluffy. Crêpes I guess aren't and are really really thin things. to be honest I prefer crepes, especially in the summer.

58 minutes ago, nonmerci said:

Tell me you don't want some :

i certainly do ?‍♀️ crêpes are some of my favorite desserts (though here in mexico some people just put nutella or chocolate sauce on a tortilla and call it a crêpe)

• 4 weeks later...

Vegan Indian samosas, with chickpea filling. ?

On 7/19/2021 at 5:45 PM, nonmerci said:

For sweets, it will be crêpes. Google tells me that English for crêpes is pancakes, but I ate pancakes and even if that's good too, that's not the same, so I will call that crêpes lol. Tell me you don't want some :

Yeah, there are many variations which can make quite a difference. I liked the ones I encountered in Czechia, called palačinka, with walnuts and chocolate sauce.

I also like the (vegan) pancakes my uncle makes, who is from the U.S.. He uses a wheat flour and corn meal mix, I think. And those are very thick in comparison!

• Like 1

Lasagna!

On 7/19/2021 at 11:45 AM, nonmerci said:

Google tells me that English for crêpes is pancakes

nah we call em crepes. I guess they are kind of like thin pancakes? regardless, crepes are delicious :)  I like pancakes too xD

• 1 year later...

Honestly? I am not a fan of food and I do not like eating. 

But I do have certain food items i like more than most. 
For dishes? For rice, Biryani, with aloo, of course. Especially my mom's homemade Biryani! As for salan? Well, nihari, haleem, aloo ghosht. Stuff like that. And arvi (taro root) as well!
Spring rolls. 
Soups. 
Shawarma.
Popcorn.
Corn.
Vanilla ice-cream.
Pistachios.
Dark chocolate.
Black pepper? Does that count as a food?
Blueberries!
Cucumbers!
Carrots!
Peanut Butter, hmm.

• Like 1

Orange chicken is traditionally considered an Asian food, although I don't know if it actually comes from Asia.  It is chicken with kind of an orange flavored crust.  I think it IS delicious!

• Like 1

Savoury: it's a tie between steak and udon noodle soup

Sweet: Crepes, but specifically from this place near my elementary school that I used to eat every day after school (it closed down a while ago, and the owner moved to Israel. Really really good crepes there though, I miss it so much)

• Like 1

I like pretty much everything that includes pasta! (Or at least I like to say so, because I only eat spaghetti and pesto...)

I also love cakes and pies! My favourite pie is the apple one!

• Like 1

Budae jigae (army stew, from Korea, pretty easy to make actually) or paella (spanish rice dish) it really depends on which one I haven't had in a while, because I a food more if I haven't had it in a while (currently these two dishes are at a draw).

On 12/14/2022 at 12:59 AM, AromanticAardvark said:

Savoury: it's a tie between steak and udon noodle soup

Sweet: Crepes, but specifically from this place near my elementary school that I used to eat every day after school (it closed down a while ago, and the owner moved to Israel. Really really good crepes there though, I miss it so much)

What do you like to have with/in your udon soup?

9 hours ago, Harvest said:

What do you like to have with/in your udon soup?

Unfortunately since I keep kosher (Jewish dietary laws, basically I can't have most meat that isn't prepared specially, and nothing that lives in the ocean that doesn't have fins and scales), there's not many options for me to pick from, so I usually have veggies and (ocasionally) tempura. What about you?

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, AromanticAardvark said:

Unfortunately since I keep kosher (Jewish dietary laws, basically I can't have most meat that isn't prepared specially, and nothing that lives in the ocean that doesn't have fins and scales), there's not many options for me to pick from, so I usually have veggies and (ocasionally) tempura. What about you?

How, may I ask how strictly religious/Jewish you are? Seems you are more religious than I thought you were, since you stick to eating kosher only. Any particular denomination you belong to?

37 minutes ago, Storm_leopardcat said:

How, may I ask how strictly religious/Jewish you are? Seems you are more religious than I thought you were, since you stick to eating kosher only. Any particular denomination you belong to?

I'm not really part of any denomination, since I barely go to shul, but if I had to pick one I'd probably say Reform or even maybe Conservative Judaism. And I'm like.... meh religious. I don't go to shul with any regularity (I go once every year during the High Holidays to hear the shofar, but other than that I basically never go), but I do celebrate most of the major holidays and fasts, and I do keep (mostly) kosher (aka, packaged food doesn't have to have a kashrut symbol, but I won't eat pork or a cheeseburger). What about you, how religiously Muslim are you?

Edited by AromanticAardvark
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, AromanticAardvark said:

I'm not really part of any denomination, since I barely go to shul, but if I had to pick one I'd probably say Reform or even maybe Conservative Judaism. And I'm like.... meh religious. I don't go to shul with any regularity (I go once every year during the High Holidays to hear the shofar, but other than that I basically never go), but I do celebrate most of the major holidays and fasts, and I do keep (mostly) kosher (aka, packaged food doesn't have to have a kashrut symbol, but I won't eat pork or a cheeseburger). What about you, how religiously Muslim are you?

How religiously Muslim I am would be a sort of difficult question to answer.

Regular and frequent worship of Allah (SWT) is an extremely important thing in Islam. Prayer (Salah) is one of the five pillars of Islam, along with the shahadah (the declaration that there is no god worthy of worship but Allah, and that Muhammad is His final Prophet and Messenger), sawm (obligatory fasting in the Islamic month of Ramadan), doing Hajj (pilgrimage to Makkah and Madinah), and giving Zakah (obligatory charity, mandatory upon any Muslim who fulfils the criteria for it). 

So, yes, I pray all of the five prayers as much as I can, as much as it isn’t possible for me, and I fast in Ramadan. Zakah is not yet obligatory upon me, and it is currently not possible for me to go perform the Hajj (or even Umrah). 

Eating haram foods is quite a major sin, and is prohibited. It is definitely not allowed to eat pork, or drink alcohol. There are other haram foods, yes, but I cannot go into detail right now. 

As for going to the masjid (mosque) to pray, it is not obligatory upon AFAB Muslims to pray in the mosque. Most pray at home, but that doesn’t mean there won’t be a reward for praying in the mosque. 

• Like 1