Aromantic everything

11 minutes ago, DeltaAro said:

Why does Artemis hunt? 😔 I want an Artemis who is just a peaceful forester, then she would be perfect.  😄

Nor does laughter-loving Aphrodite ever tame in love Artemis, the huntress with shafts of gold; for she loves archery and the slaying of wild beasts in the mountains, ...

Yeah, when I read Percy Jackson for the first time, I saw that and went “dang it! I’m not a girl! Plus I’d prefer perhaps making crap rather than hunting. 😞

• Like 1

On 6/6/2023 at 10:38 PM, DeltaAro said:

Why does Artemis hunt? 😔 I want an Artemis who is just a peaceful forester, then she would be perfect.  😄

Nor does laughter-loving Aphrodite ever tame in love Artemis, the huntress with shafts of gold; for she loves archery and the slaying of wild beasts in the mountains, ...

If we think of hunting as a kind of foraging maybe we could have a Artemis vegan version who is only hunting for plants.

• Like 1

Or perhaps we could make her a demon hunter. She actually cares about nature, and she watchs the animal population. When an animal looks weird, somehow possessed by a demon, she hunts it. 

8 hours ago, Holmbo said:

If we think of hunting as a kind of foraging maybe we could have a Artemis vegan version who is only hunting for plants.

Great idea for drawing. Aro Artemis going on a mushroom 🍄 hunt.

16 minutes ago, DeltaAro said:

Great idea for drawing. Aro Artemis going on a mushroom 🍄 hunt.

Oh my gosh I wanna do that but my drawing skills are 💩

8 hours ago, Atypique said:

Or perhaps we could make her a demon hunter. She actually cares about nature, and she watchs the animal population. When an animal looks weird, somehow possessed by a demon, she hunts it. 

Oh my gosh a climate warrior! I want Artemis to be an aroace climate warrior who spends her time with a squad of fellow aroace’s, consigned to protect the earth from environmental destruction. She spends half of her time murdering oil company leaders, and promoting nuclear energy.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, HelloThere said:

She spends half of her time murdering oil company leaders, and promoting nuclear energy.

I don't think she'd promote nuclear energy. Nuclear energy isn't good for the environment at all. She'd enslave the leaders and make them do the energy by riding bicycles. Then she's bring the other people with her in the forest cause with her way of life you consume less

This is Artemis preying for the mushroom before she hunts it

IMG_20230620_203042.jpg

And this is Artemis threatening a guy after she broke his chainsaw with an arrow

IMG_20230620_203236.jpg

IMG_20230620_203247.jpg

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Atypique said:

I don't think she'd promote nuclear energy. Nuclear energy isn't good for the environment at all. She'd enslave the leaders and make them do the energy by riding bicycles. Then she's bring the other people with her in the forest cause with her way of life you consume less

This is Artemis preying for the mushroom before she hunts it

IMG_20230620_203042.jpg

Nuclear is a far safer alternative and the waste caused by it has already been a solved problem for decades, we just needed to bury it deeper than usual.

1 minute ago, HelloThere said:

Nuclear is a far safer alternative and the waste caused by it has already been a solved problem for decades, we just needed to bury it deeper than usual.

Not saying oil is good cause it's obviously not the case but Nuclear isn't working either.

- nuclear plants aren't safe. Accidents happen and we don't wanna see that

- bury it in the ground isn't a solution: the waste is still there, it's bad for the ground, it's bad for us, and it'll just continue to accumulate

- mining transporting the uranium creates a lot of carbon for the atmosphere and everything 

1 minute ago, Atypique said:

Not saying oil is good cause it's obviously not the case but Nuclear isn't working either.

- nuclear plants aren't safe. Accidents happen and we don't wanna see that

- bury it in the ground isn't a solution: the waste is still there, it's bad for the ground, it's bad for us, and it'll just continue to accumulate

- mining transporting the uranium creates a lot of carbon for the atmosphere and everything 

For her standards yes, perhaps solar? Maybe even wind! :D

1 hour ago, HelloThere said:

For her standards yes, perhaps solar? Maybe even wind! :D

Anything renewable would be good ! I think wind might be the best for her, there isn't much sun in the forest and perhaps she could make some wind when she throughs an arrow (plus sun = her brother so she might not want to create energy from that)

4 minutes ago, Atypique said:

Anything renewable would be good ! I think wind might be the best for her, there isn't much sun in the forest and perhaps she could make some wind when she throughs an arrow (plus sun = her brother so she might not want to create energy from that)

Yeah I could imagine that, not to mention that arrows often have three little feathers at the end, and wind turbines have 3 blades. That can’t be a coincidence. 

1 minute ago, HelloThere said:

Yeah I could imagine that, not to mention that arrows often have three little feathers at the end, and wind turbines have 3 blades. That can’t be a coincidence. 

Does that mean she could put turbines ON arrows

In a technologic way that doesn't make sense but she's a god

38 minutes ago, Atypique said:

Does that mean she could put turbines ON arrows

In a technologic way that doesn't make sense but she's a god

Now I’m imagining tears of the kingdom where you can fuse wind turbines to arrows. XD

10 minutes ago, Atypique said:

Zelda has THIS 😱😱 incredible

I’d actually love to see wind arrows in that game, then you could blow away hordes of enemies, sorta like tulin’s tornado but more explosive in like a circle shape as it moves. Holy crap I need to work at Nintendo. XD

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I know there was a thread about aromantic video game characters, can't find it, but ok, I post it here.

In Diablo IV, you can play rogue, which is obviously the right choice for aros.

Rogue-General.jpg

(but please not red!!)

I applied green arrow tattoos on my character and also found a transmogrification (actually armor, this means you can change the appearance of your character's equipped armor without altering the stats; pretty neat system) in the swamp area with green clothing / armor.

Diablo also has "titles" and if you craft all incenses you get the title "aromatic". Ok, sadly without the 'n', but it's as close as we get!

Still, this title is a lot of work, and I haven't got it yet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DeltaAro said:

I know there was a thread about aromantic video game characters, can't find it, but ok, I post it here.

In Diablo IV, you can play rogue, which is obviously the right choice for aros.

Rogue-General.jpg

(but please not red!!)

I applied green arrow tattoos on my character and also found a transmogrification (actually armor, this means you can change the appearance of your character's equipped armor without altering the stats; pretty neat system) in the swamp area with green clothing / armor.

Diablo also has "titles" and if you craft all incenses you get the title "aromatic". Ok, sadly without the 'n', but it's as close as we get!

Still, this title is a lot of work, and I haven't got it yet.

Bro they gotta have made that on purpose right? That’s a huge convergence of evidence. XD

• 1 month later...
On 7/4/2021 at 7:55 PM, Rainy Robin said:

For animals, I think it should be frogs (maybe toads too, what do you all think?).

I mean, if the frog badges on arocalypse make sense

I think the drink should be OJ because non-aroace people would never order that on a date

Me_kachu, signing off 

Edited by me_kachu
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...
On 8/22/2022 at 10:04 PM, roboticanary said:

to add to aro stones,

how about yellow and green jasper for aro-allo

2051540668_il_fullxfull.3265920024_ee5o(Small).jpg.05dc2346390bafb1a8105fe5ba4bfb3f.jpg

also thisone called ruby zoisite, which I am pretty sure is an aro-ace stone

153477440_Ruby-Zoisite-scaled-e1636103343472(Custom).jpeg.9be3f47e1d5ba4b8a6adcc061ac24878.jpeg

Fluorite is another green-and-purple one. 

On 12/12/2021 at 3:17 AM, Holmbo said:

I kinda feel like overalls or hoodies are more asexually themed. Not sure what would be aromantic clothes though, since clothes are so much more tied to sex than romance most of the time. Maybe it could be something super practical, which I suppose overalls would technically be if they're more of the working kind. But they're not particularly practical for women as it's hard to pee with them on. Maybe hiking pants could be an aromantic piece of clothing.

Any clothes that make you feel ready to run away from marriage should be fine.

19 hours ago, N1GHTM4R3 said:

Any clothes that make you feel ready to run away from marriage should be fine.

Mm workout clothes. Workout seems pretty unromantic to me. No one is like "I went on this really romantic running date".

I haven't looked at the study so take with salt, but apparently after exercising with someone a lot of adults find them more beautiful \ handsome. It anecdotally happened to me( although it might've been due to other events as well), but I am weirded out by it mever happening before adulthood.

So maybe it would be an aesthetic running date? That kinda just sounds like running somewhere pretty tho.

Ok, so for dancing, i might say square dancing, but thats mostly because i have done it with a girl my age, a boy my age, a man who was like 3 times as old as me, an about 20 year old woman, and an about 20 year old man. So yeah.