Aromantic everything

On 10/22/2022 at 8:56 AM, Storm_leopardcat said:

Okay, I saw and instantly thought of Stellaris. Is this Stellaris?

Yesss!!

Btw, with the new Overlord DLC you can vassalize other empires and build overlord buildings (holdings) on the vassal's planets.

So I imagine you could also create an empire "Romantic Republic of Valentinia," force it to spawn in the game, vassalize it (playing the Arocratic Empire) and build Aid Agencies and Outreaches on their planets.

Those are for the poor aros in this unfortunate environment, so they get some help and maybe even advice how to emigrate to the Arocratic Star Empire of Quiver. 😉

• 1 month later...
On 9/3/2022 at 1:07 AM, DeltaAro said:

Ok, thanks for this info... I seriously didn't know this. I hope we are allowed to appropriate it, because there are already existing aro masterpieces ([1], [2]) that incorporate garlic. 🙃 Unknowingly I even egged people on...

So, now since only ice cream :aroicecream: is original aro food, a dessert, we urgently need our own savory aro food, too.

I propose: onion cake!

GARLIC NAAN!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, The Gray Warlock said:

A couple of suggestions for deities from various pre-christian mythologies:

Artemis: Greek. Expert archer, refuses the love of men. 

Ullr: Norse. God of hunters, as closely associated with his bow and arrow as Thor with his hammer, dwells in a copse of evergreens.

I vote Artemis.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Storm_leopardcat said:

As a cartoon mascot I think we should embrace Merida from brave. She does archery, never wants to get married and her weapon against her mother is a cake. Pretty much perfect. 

12 hours ago, Storm_leopardcat said:

I definitely agree! Aromantic Merida is one of my fav headcanons (that's the reason why I put her as my pfp).

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 7/31/2021 at 6:32 PM, The A in Rainbow said:

As a cartoon mascot I think we should embrace Merida from brave. She does archery, never wants to get married and her weapon against her mother is a cake. Pretty much perfect. 

Your a fricking genius.

I got the “joy” of reading Romeo and Juliet in class today, it’s honestly disgusting, not even two lines in and it’s basically just two families fighting by saying they’re going to “do the deed” with the other families maids. It just disgusts me to no end, and then there’s the fact that Romeo is just so incredibly obsessed with Juliet (a 13 year old) that he can’t stop thinking about her at all!

• Like 1

I made an animal for a project called the Neafil. It is genderless and aroace. The can reproduce asexually or sexually and look like ice snake lizard things. I can’t put a pic of one for some reason? I will try to put a pic later. Anyone have ideas to make them better? I think they would be a cute symbol for aroaces? Idk lol.

1 hour ago, Isa1116 said:

I made an animal for a project called the Neafil. It is genderless and aroace. The can reproduce asexually or sexually and look like ice snake lizard things. I can’t put a pic of one for some reason? I will try to put a pic later. Anyone have ideas to make them better? I think they would be a cute symbol for aroaces? Idk lol.

I’d love to see a picture when possible, perhaps making it like the idea of romance but not want it itself? That’s be a a pretty darn refreshing way to represent because there’s a sorta stigma that aroace’s are always disgusted by love. Maybe you could make it a very emotional animal as well considering that people sometimes think that aroace’s are just hollow robots (even though that really doesn’t correlate). I guess just make it debunk stereotypes? I dunno I have very few ideas. XD

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HelloThere said:

I’d love to see a picture when possible, perhaps making it like the idea of romance but not want it itself? That’s be a a pretty darn refreshing way to represent because there’s a sorta stigma that aroace’s are always disgusted by love. Maybe you could make it a very emotional animal as well considering that people sometimes think that aroace’s are just hollow robots (even though that really doesn’t correlate). I guess just make it debunk stereotypes? I dunno I have very few ideas. XD

Thx for the ideas! I like the idea that they are emotional and I kinda have smth like that, they are really good parents and will go to basically any length to protect the ones they love lol. Ig the whole liking romance would depend on the specific Neafil and that would probably represent the a-spec community as a whole better if it differed for one to another?

3 hours ago, Isa1116 said:

Thx for the ideas! I like the idea that they are emotional and I kinda have smth like that, they are really good parents and will go to basically any length to protect the ones they love lol. Ig the whole liking romance would depend on the specific Neafil and that would probably represent the a-spec community as a whole better if it differed for one to another?

Yeah I think so, making their interests and loves more diverse would represent pretty well. :D

• Like 1

Lynn Loud gives me strong aromantic vibes. In one of the episodes she said that romance is not her thing. She also said that being having a crush on someone is basically just anxiety, and compared it to being dehydrated, which I feel is a pretty popular experience among the aro community.

Edited by Keith
  • Haha 1

Just now, Keith said:

Lynn Loud gives me strong aromantic vibes. In one of the episodes she said that romance is not her thing. She also said that being having a crush on someone is basically just anxiety, and compared it to being dehydrated, which is something a pretty 'popular' experience among the aro community.

That’s what crushes are like? Ok then I definitely haven’t had a crush. XD

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HelloThere said:

That’s what crushes are like? Ok then I definitely haven’t had a crush. XD

No idea....!!! But a lot of people describes them this way, so maybe!

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/13/2022 at 9:12 PM, The Gray Warlock said:

Artemis: Greek. Expert archer, refuses the love of men. 

Why does Artemis hunt? 😔 I want an Artemis who is just a peaceful forester, then she would be perfect.  😄

Nor does laughter-loving Aphrodite ever tame in love Artemis, the huntress with shafts of gold; for she loves archery and the slaying of wild beasts in the mountains, ...

• Like 1