Aromantic everything

17 hours ago, roboticanary said:

Guess I am right where I should be

Also not only is france romantic but it is a country known for eating frogs legs which I think is very anti aro

I'm begining to think that my country sucks for aro lol.

Though to be honest, I never met someone who eats from legs (I know some did cause I met people on internet who claim they do, but that's really not that common)

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Holmbo said:

Which periodic element is the most aro? Maybe one of the gases on the right (don't know what the group is called in English). That doesn't react with other elements.

They’re the noble gases. And yes! I had a teacher who literally compared atoms bonding to people dating and said the noble gases were the ones who were happy being single

Edited by AFennecfox
  • Like 3

On 12/12/2021 at 4:11 PM, roboticanary said:

Also not only is france romantic but it is a country known for eating frogs legs which I think is very anti aro

As an aro you are not allowed to eat the animals considered holy:

• frogs
  • aardvarks
  • griffins

How hard can that be?

13 hours ago, Holmbo said:

Maybe one of the gases on the right (don't know what the group is called in English).

Argon !!

1 hour ago, AFennecfox said:

I had a teacher who literally compared atoms bonding to people dating and said the noble gases were the ones who were happy being single

Why is there so much polyamory in the periodic system?

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, roboticanary said:

you say that, but now I really want to eat a griffin

Bad! I do not approve of that!! Still since we’re already talking about this, do you have any good recipes, e. g. griffin fricassée?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, DeltaV said:

Still since we’re already talking about this, do you have any good recipes, e. g. griffin fricassée?

Sadly I'm not much of a chef, and Google is failing to tell me what griffin tastes like.

I have read a few things about what dinosaurs would taste like though so I am guessing the front half of a griffin would be a bit like the dark meat from a chicken or turkey but a lot more gamey.

The back half is a lion and I found this https://laist.com/news/food/anshu-pathak-lion-meat-exotic-meat-riverside which suggests it is like a cross between beef and chicken and was a bit tough. Not sure how helpful that is.

So I reckon a good way to cook a griffin would be as a stew. Cook low and cook slow, soften that lion rump up, put a bit of red wine in. I reckon that would work.

Anyone else have any ideas?

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

Right, some aro culture things seem to be adaptations of ace things (thinking about the white ring here).

So I think we need somewhere to invade.

Now unfortunately I have no idea how many people are aromantic so we probably need to figure that out first.

I'm going to start the bidding with invading Scarborough . We definitely have the manpower for that.

If someone can put down a better guess at how big our army is maybe we can work up to something more impressive.

• 4 weeks later...

I've seen people say garlic bread is the aro food. Don't know why...maybe it's not romantic because garlic makes your breath smell which isn't good for kissing? Feels like a bit of a stretch but... makes sense. Whatever the reason, I'll take it because I love garlic bread.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, crow said:

Whatever the reason, I'll take it because I love garlic bread.

Garlic bread … OMNOMNOM

I also associate vampires with romance (Twilight!).   ?‍♀️ = ?. Seriously! So garlic repels vampires and repels romance.

Does anyone know black garlic? I like that too… but you don’t get a romance-repelling breath.

What about juice from Aronia berries? Ever tried it? I like it, but honestly… I still prefer simple Grenadine.

• Like 3

• 4 months later...

aros-flags.jpg?w=1200&h=-1&s=1

I imagine that in a parallel universe this really is an Aro Cultural Center, offering exhibitions on aromanticism, aromantic cinema, aromantic live music, aromantic comedy, aromantic dance, aromantic drama, aromantic theatre, aromantic galleries... all for aros.

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

Aro Stellaris...

2022_07_07_3.jpg.74fbe724b76a42cbccd7322d40a10307.jpg

Arocratic Star Empire of Quiver 🏹

Home planet: Quiver
(yeah, this is Earth, after it was renamed)
Star system: Aronia (sounds way cooler than "Sol system", right?)
Founding species: Aros (ok, these are humans. But all humans became aro for unknown reasons, and so they started to call themselves Aros. Romantic love now has become long forgotten. There are still some surviving texts from the era when humans were romantic, but Aro archeologists simply cannot understand them. Maybe it has something to do with this mysterious dragon....)

Flavor text: Since time immemorial, this civilization has shared its star system with a formidable dragon. The mysterious creature's behavior sways between distant benevolence and haughty indifference. How this relationship will evolve as the planet dwellers take to the stars remains to be seen.

PS: yeah, I admit it, I threw too much of my hard earned money into the throat of Paradox Interactive. I indeed own ALL Stellaris DLCs.

Edited by DeltaV
  • Like 3

Contra, since you are expected to switch partners every dance.  Not a lot of room for monogamous romance there lol

• Like 4

On 7/9/2022 at 2:07 AM, alto said:

Contra, since you are expected to switch partners every dance.  Not a lot of room for monogamous romance there lol

That's good. If anyone want to hear example of a contra you can listen to this one. https://sv.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fil:Gunnar_Hallhagen_spelar_på_Kirckman-cembalon_-_SMV_-_MMG7_0045.wav It's the song that was played at the mascerade when the swedish king Gustav III was killed in 1792.

Edited by Holmbo
  • Like 2

There is also American Contra dancing, which is similar to square dancing but is danced in long lines instead of squares.

• Like 1

On 7/8/2022 at 2:02 AM, Holmbo said:

Which is the aro dance?

Ngl all I can think of is the cupid shuffle or the chicken dance, some of the least romantic dances out there. As you can probably tell I'm not a dancer.

18 minutes ago, dewy said:

Ngl all I can think of is the cupid shuffle or the chicken dance, some of the least romantic dances out there. As you can probably tell I'm not a dancer.

The chicken dance is a great contender!

• Like 1