Aromantic everything

20 hours ago, AFennecfox said:

Tree houses as the aromantic building?

They're isolated and we make them with friends so yeah

Isn't gravity making everything attract to each other ? Aren't we more like... Black matter, we have to exist because science but no one has ever seen us :)

• Like 3

On 8/29/2022 at 9:27 PM, roboticanary said:

possibly, but they are all ours

You can't know. Scary thought, maybe there's a universe with romantic love as a fundamental force.

"Love is the one thing that transcends time and space. Maybe we should trust that, even if we cannot understand it."

- Amelia Brand, 'Interstellar'.

🤦‍♂️

13 hours ago, Atypique said:

Isn't gravity making everything attract to each other ?

Gravity is romantic, for sure. But there's also entropy: the aro ➳ of time.

• Like 1

On 8/30/2022 at 8:35 PM, DeltaAro said:

You can't know. Scary thought, maybe there's a universe with romantic love as a fundamental force.

oh no, we must save those poor souls trapped in the romanciverse.

On 8/30/2022 at 8:35 PM, DeltaAro said:

But there's also entropy: the aro ➳ of time.

I like the idea of aromanticism causing everything to decend into chaos, thats the sort of power we deserve to have.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Atypique said:

Garlic (especially garlic bread) is already a symbol for asexuality, so a lot of aro use it too, but it's not really our own thing

Ok, thanks for this info... I seriously didn't know this. I hope we are allowed to appropriate it, because there are already existing aro masterpieces ([1], [2]) that incorporate garlic. 🙃 Unknowingly I even egged people on...

So, now since only ice cream :aroicecream: is original aro food, a dessert, we urgently need our own savory aro food, too.

I propose: onion cake!

• Like 1

On 9/1/2022 at 9:12 PM, roboticanary said:

oh no, we must save those poor souls trapped in the romanciverse.

I like the idea of aromanticism causing everything to decend into chaos, thats the sort of power we deserve to have.

Is it weird that it givese ideas for writing stories ? That would be a fun plot.

To save the people from the romanciverse, our aromantic heroes decide to use the force of chaos and black matter and destroy gravity.

I suppose it means Defying gravity is the aro musical song (Elphaba and Glinda are already in a QPR, right ?).

Edited by nonmerci
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Is the universe alive? 

On 9/3/2022 at 3:16 PM, nonmerci said:

Is it weird that it givese ideas for writing stories ? That would be a fun plot.

To save the people from the romanciverse, our aromantic heroes decide to use the force of chaos and black matter and destroy gravity.

I suppose it means Defying gravity is the aro musical song (Elphaba and Glinda are already in a QPR, right ?).

That would be an awsome story! I am writing it right now!

On 9/3/2022 at 4:16 PM, nonmerci said:

The can the song I Love You (As Much As Someone Like Me Can Love Anyone) be the aro TV show song? Although I guess it's a bit more aroallo than every-aro

• Like 2

On 7/4/2021 at 12:17 PM, Holmbo said:

There are much talk about aromantic food and aromantic mascot. But there are so many other types of thing we could have as symbol. Like flower, clothing, fish etc. (In my country each county has its county fish).

So pick any category and determine which thing is ours.
For example for sport it's off course archery.

Ooh, interesting! Which country is that?

On 12/12/2021 at 1:17 PM, Holmbo said:

But they're not particularly practical for women as it's hard to pee with them on.

Err, wouldn’t men have trouble with over-alls too?

On 7/21/2021 at 10:27 AM, ilse said:

as for flowers, i think daffodils would be a nice symbol, representing new beginnings (i've also heard that they represent awareness and inner reflection), along with the fact that they tend to be yellow in color, though i think yellow roses are a beautiful symbol too ?‍♀️

i suppose ice cream counts as an icon of sorts? i've seen in it in some welcoming messages (i'm assuming it's kind of like the aro equivalent of cake) and i remember someone on tumblr mentioning gryphons as an aro symbol too.

Yes to the ice cream and gryphons! I’ve heard about gryphons and ice cream being symbols too! 

I want Love Potion #31 from Baskin Robbins!

53 minutes ago, Storm_leopardcat said:

Err, wouldn’t men have trouble with over-alls too?

I think anyone with a d*ck can just zip the thing open and pee while standing

Edited by Atypique

On 8/31/2022 at 12:35 AM, DeltaAro said:

"Love is the one thing that transcends time and space. Maybe we should trust that, even if we cannot understand it."

- Amelia Brand, 'Interstellar'.

🤦‍♂️

On 8/30/2022 at 11:13 AM, Atypique said:

No need to facepalm! I took that line to mean live in general, or all sorts of love, not just romantic love (that she had for Edwards? I think was his name). Wasn’t she also referencing Coop’s love for his daughter, Murph, and vice versa? 

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/7/2022 at 8:35 PM, DeltaAro said:

Aro Stellaris...

2022_07_07_3.jpg.74fbe724b76a42cbccd7322d40a10307.jpg

Arocratic Star Empire of Quiver 🏹

Home planet: Quiver
(yeah, this is Earth, after it was renamed)
Star system: Aronia (sounds way cooler than "Sol system", right?)
Founding species: Aros (ok, these are humans. But all humans became aro for unknown reasons, and so they started to call themselves Aros. Romantic love now has become long forgotten. There are still some surviving texts from the era when humans were romantic, but Aro archeologists simply cannot understand them. Maybe it has something to do with this mysterious dragon....)

Flavor text: Since time immemorial, this civilization has shared its star system with a formidable dragon. The mysterious creature's behavior sways between distant benevolence and haughty indifference. How this relationship will evolve as the planet dwellers take to the stars remains to be seen.

PS: yeah, I admit it, I threw too much of my hard earned money into the throat of Paradox Interactive. I indeed own ALL Stellaris DLCs.

Okay, I saw and instantly thought of Stellaris. Is this Stellaris?

On 7/14/2022 at 8:06 PM, dewy said:

Ngl all I can think of is the cupid shuffle or the chicken dance, some of the least romantic dances out there. As you can probably tell I'm not a dancer.

Oh, the irony. A dance called the *cupid* shuffle being least romantic? Ha!

• Like 1