A survey I made (It's for a class please help)

Hey all, it's been a minute since I've really been active on here, and I feel a little bit bad for soliciting your help, but its too late to turn back now.

I have to design a psychological assessment for a class, and given that there's no research about aromanticism, I wanted to try to do something with that. It's really pretty simple; just some questions about comfort levels with different romance coded activities. If anyone wanted to take a few minutes and fill out the survey it'd be super helpful.

There are a few questions where I ask about feelings regarding an activity with a close friend or queerplatonic partner. I am aware that these are double barreled questions and that you might have different answers regarding each. My hope is that when you answer those questions, you answer regarding whichever you would feel more comfortable with. I had two reasons for doing this. One is that I know that not all aromantic people are in or want to be in qprs, and the website I used didn't allow for a not applicable option. The second is that I am an undergraduate, and I haven't actually learned anything about how to score these tests yet. I was worried that if I did allow for skippable questions, I wouldn't know how to score the results when there might be a differing numbers of questions being answered (if that sentence made any sense).

I was required to use a specific site to make the survey, so here's the link: https://qfreeaccountssjc1.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_bwQreAqrid0SkVU

Thanks!

Edit #2

The survey is now closed as I do have class deadlines. Thank you so much to everyone who responded. I got way more responses than I expected. I also didn't expect to have so many people telling me that this survey was interesting or helpful in that it made them think about stuff they'd never thought about before. If there's any interest, I can reopen the survey once I've collected my current data. Please let me know if that's something I should do.

Edited by lonelyace
addressing a design flaw
  • Like 11

I don’t know if you did in it purpose but you have the question “saying “I love you” to a family member” and then “saying “I love you” to a close friend or family member” and I didn’t really know how to value my close friends and my family in this question bc I would give different answers for those two groups 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Acecream said:

I don’t know if you did in it purpose but you have the question “saying “I love you” to a family member” and then “saying “I love you” to a close friend or family member” and I didn’t really know how to value my close friends and my family in this question bc I would give different answers for those two groups 

Ah yeah, I totally missed that one. I know that you probably already took the test so it probably won't help you, but I edited my original post to address that issue. 

That was interesting. Working through it made me realise I am so much less comfortable with romance coded activities than I thought, but also that the societal pressure of 'no, that's wierd' when thinking about what I would be comfortable with was far more powerful than I was aware of.

It is odd the site didn't allow for not applicable. Especially since you are being made to use it for undergrad work. If you are going to be made to use this site throughout your degree it might be worth flagging that up with someone because that could become a big pain in future.

• Like 1

I filled it out. I'm ND so not really comfortable with a lot of touching that other people wouldn't think twice about, and it really really depends on the specific person and who's 'initiating', so I wonder if that is worth noting for other people as well? Anyway, it was very interesting to think about while filling it out.

• Like 1

I tried to give my best answers but like some have said, it depends on the person. For example, I can say to my mom "I love you" but not my cousins nor aunt, etc. Likewise, people who are close to me usually are the one initiating the actions, so I feel uncomfy sometimes, but if it is me I ask permission and then do the action so in that manner I would be vomfy because I asked first so we are all clear on what will happen.

• Like 2