This is Elise from Japan!

Elise

Hi, I'm Elise from Japan! :sushi: I'm an afab agender aro ace. I like pink-ish colors as you can see in my avatar, but sometimes, I don't like how some people judge people who like pink and stuff like that as if liking pink is stupid or something. :/ It won't occur here on this website, though.

I've been here for like a week now but I've been only mainly using the chatroom. Hope I can start some interesting threads sometime soon. Also I hope I can make friends here so that we can exchange emails or PMs casually. I'm creating my gmail account for this. I like languages, coding, computer-related stuff, and gender equality.

I like threads in the Arcade board such as the word association thread btw! They're good resource for an ESL (English as a second language: non-native speaker) student like me, actually! I picked up the word Vegemite there. Googled it and thought it was something I can put in milk to make iced chocolate until everyone in the chatroom kindly corrected my misconception:D. I mean there's a lot of cultural references in those threads.  I might bug you guys by asking "what does that mean" when googling doesn't seem enough, but I hope I have to ask that kind of question less and less in the future...

If you have questions about Japan, I think I could help you in PM or something.

Here's my profile on AVEN if you're on AVEN too. http://www.asexuality.org/en/user/91904-elise3/

Welcome, Elise! :icecream: I've met you in chat before :) I'm also not a native speaker and I think using English is probably the best way to improve it. I used to completely suck at English, I almost failed English at school. Then I started reading books and watching movies in English and writing more English and I improved way more than I imagined ^_^

Hi Elise, welcome to Arocalypse! Have some ice cream! :icecream::softserve:Wow, a quadruple A!

I just graduated from college with a computer science major, and I'm hoping to go into software development. I live in the US. 

Feel free to PM me if you would like! I'm also on chat sometimes, so maybe we'll run into each other there. 

First of all, I just want to say that I have so much respect for people with the patience to learn another language. In high school, I had classes in speaking Indonesian, but after 4 years and terrible results I gave up. Maybe it had more to do with the way I was taught, but either way I found it pretty damn hard just to form a complete sentence beyond just "Good afternoon, how are you?".

But yeah, welcome to the forum side of Arocalypse, Elise! I hope we can become good friends! :D

On 7 June 2016 at 0:09 PM, brsajo said:

First of all, I just want to say that I have so much respect for people with the patience to learn another language. In high school, I had classes in speaking Indonesian, but after 4 years and terrible results I gave up. Maybe it had more to do with the way I was taught, but either way I found it pretty damn hard just to form a complete sentence beyond just "Good afternoon, how are you?".

Yes a language is a very important skill! I first met Elise in chat and I didn't realise she was Japanese until I used a long word which doesn't need to exist.

Archived