I can relate. My ex started dating someone else, but I really didn't care. I was just happy that we were friends. Friendship was my ideal relationship anyway xD 

When my ex started dating someone else, it made it way less awkward for us to be friends. After he was no longer upset I broke his heart and I was no longer worried he still liked me, talking became a lot easier. However, all 3 of us (me, my ex, and his new gf) went on a band trip the weekend that would have been our one year anniversary (he asked me out on the same band trip the previous year too) and they were super couplely and I felt really weird about it. She's super nice and it's funny that whenever they're together and they see me, she's the one that says hi even though he and I are closer. I guess he thinks it's weird, but I just think it's funny. 

6 hours ago, peridotty said:

on the other hand, one of my ex-close friends started dating somebody and i stayed home from school on friday because i didnt want to see them :/ 

That's perfectly valid. I'm trying to avoid my most-recent crush and I feel kind of uncomfortable when I see them with their partner.

• 1 month later...

On a slightly different note; when I broke up with my exes I wasn't sad at all (though I felt a tad guilty) but more than anything I was overwhelmed with relief. I felt like I'd freed myself of a burden that was the relationship (too harsh?)

Then I was confused when people would be like "oh you and X broke up? I'm so sorry!" And I also thought "shouldn't I be sad about this? I haven't eaten a tub of ice cream or anything" and that was one of the things that made me realise I was aromantic

Well I guess it's time for me to further solidify my alloromanticness ¬¬

With my first relationship, I was quite happy with how it was going so far. Thus, I was quite sad when she told me she wanted to break up (at 11:50pm on Christmas Eve no less!). She told me how she had stronger feelings for this other person and also a bunch of other bullshit about why our relationship couldn't work like how she's two years older than me. 

At the time, I took it all in without questioning it and agreed to break up if it would make her happier. I cried myself to sleep for about three days.
Then over time, I gradually grew bitter towards her for the fact that she hadn't mentioned the other guy ONCE before dropping that bombshell on me and as for the timing, thanks for the christmas present! But I was still willing to be friends, albeit awkwardly quiet ones. 

Then she broke up with the other dude and got with another guy.

That's when I got pissed off. I felt like she had been deceiving me for the whole time we were together. By the way, she transitioned from one relationship to the next in a matter of days. I felt bad for the first dude after me because I assumed she had done the same to him that she did to me.

At that point I had stopped talking to her completely, but I didn't want to take any actual action against her in case my assumptions were wrong. I didn't feel jealous of her boyfriends, I just felt bitter towards her, and that's saying something because I'm not one to hold grudges.

She has since broken up with the second boyfriend and as far as I am aware she has left the face of the earth is single.

My second relationship ended on a happier note and we're still great friends who share birbs and memes with each other. :D

1 hour ago, brsajo said:

Well I guess it's time for me to further solidify my alloromanticness ¬¬

With my first relationship, I was quite happy with how it was going so far. Thus, I was quite sad when she told me she wanted to break up (at 11:50pm on Christmas Eve no less!). She told me how she had stronger feelings for this other person and also a bunch of other bullshit about why our relationship couldn't work like how she's two years older than me. 

At the time, I took it all in without questioning it and agreed to break up if it would make her happier. I cried myself to sleep for about three days.
Then over time, I gradually grew bitter towards her for the fact that she hadn't mentioned the other guy ONCE before dropping that bombshell on me and as for the timing, thanks for the christmas present! But I was still willing to be friends, albeit awkwardly quiet ones. 

Then she broke up with the other dude and got with another guy.

That's when I got pissed off. I felt like she had been deceiving me for the whole time we were together. By the way, she transitioned from one relationship to the next in a matter of days. I felt bad for the first dude after me because I assumed she had done the same to him that she did to me.

At that point I had stopped talking to her completely, but I didn't want to take any actual action against her in case my assumptions were wrong. I didn't feel jealous of her boyfriends, I just felt bitter towards her, and that's saying something because I'm not one to hold grudges.

She has since broken up with the second boyfriend and as far as I am aware she has left the face of the earth is single.

My second relationship ended on a happier note and we're still great friends who share birbs and memes with each other. :D

Maybe she's someone who finds it difficult to judge what her feelings are until she acts on them, or something like that. I wouldn't really know, it's just an idea I came up with.

This reminded me of something Swankivy said in one of her videos. She had a boyfriend in high school, and she didn't want to do anything physical. Her boyfriend cheated on her to make her jealous, but the plan backfired when she was okay with it and said he could continue. :)

2 hours ago, Quinoa said:

This reminded me of something Swankivy said in one of her videos. She had a boyfriend in high school, and she didn't want to do anything physical. Her boyfriend cheated on her to make her jealous, but the plan backfired when she was okay with it and said he could continue. :)

That's really funny, we are a very unpredictable bunch!

Archived