A Million Dollars But...

Zema

(I totally didn't steal this idea from somewhere else :ph34r:)

So this is pretty similar to the would you rather thread, but it's not quite the same. Essentially, you present a hypothetical scenario to the person below which involves them receiving a million dollars (or any large sum of money) but they also receive a negative consequence. They then have to decide whether they would take the money or not, and then present a new scenario for the next person. For example:

Person 1: You get a million dollars but your hands are replaced by dog paws.

Person 2: No way!

You get a million dollars but for an hour everyday you forget how to speak.

And so on in this fashion. Be as creative as you like! It doesn't have to be physically possible or even make much sense. (If you're lazy you can just type MDB instead of "million dollars but") I'll start:

You get a million dollars but every time you see a cat you vomit a little bit in your mouth.

The million would be gone too fast this way and I'd remain broker than now, so nope.

On a side note, can I haz $50K on a bit lighter conditions? :D 

You get a million dollars but have to live in a marriage with a person you hate (not a criminal, though) for N years (specify the maximum N where it's still a bargain for you).

• Like 1

Haha no way, they'd spend my million faster than I could count it 

If I could keep it though... 6 years I'd say :v

50k, but you dye all the hair on your body to your least favourite colour

Nope.  I like dogs, but that sounds too time consuming.  It's be forever before I got a decent amount of money if I only got one parent everytime 

You get a million dollars, but you can only spend it in pennies.

Sure, I'd just ship that to AVEN, Asexual Outreach and Arocalypse so that they put me on a lifetime pension and buy everything that I need for me (and, formally, I'd never buy anything myself). They'd become very influential, help all the latent aces and aros in the world come out and eventually find a bunch of companions for me :icecream::cake:

You get $1M as a consolation prize in a lottery whose main prize is $100M because the vendor made a misprint in the numbers that you told them to pick, and the sequence that you wanted them to print would have won the $100M. You get a unique kind of PTSD as a result and the only shrink in the world who can fix it charges $450K and their services aren't covered by insurance, plus you pay $500K in tax.

• Like 2

Ummmm, so I basically get 50k and PTSD? Thanks for the wonderful offer, however I must respectfully decline.

You get $1m but every purchase you make for the next 5 years must be approved by a particularly judgmental uncle, who will constantly demand that you justify your life choices.

I have that particularly judgmental uncle.  No thanks D:

You get 1 million dollars, but you are not allowed to buy food for the next year, and must constantly mooch food off your friends to feed yourself.

• Like 1

Not a problem, I'll just buy a huge piece of land and grow some food together with my friends. I'd take it.
 :is a goddamn hippy at heart:

You get 1 millon dollars, but you can only shop online?

• Like 3

Yes! Means I never have to leave my house until I run out of money!!!

You get 1 million dollars, but you lose your current sexual and romantic orientations, and get random new ones (based on real probabilities of what you were assigned with to begin with)!

• Like 2

No.  I don't think there's anything wrong with having a different orientation, but I don't feel like I'd be me anymore if something so important were to change. :ph34r:

You get 1 million dollars, but you cannot leave your house without wearing a bright T-shirt that says "I'm rich; please mug or rob me!"

• Like 4

Are there prizes involved with that? If yes, I probably would take the money. If no, then I probably wouldn't take the money.

A million dollars but for 5 minutes every hour, a random, non-vital body part of yours disappears. It will return after the 5 minutes is up, and it won't be painful or cause any damage at all.

• Like 1

Yeah, why not? I'm planning on becoming a physicist so that wouldn't effect me too much.

A million dollars but you cannot take off your shoes. You get to pick which shoes you want though.

Nah. Bad hygiene is yuck.

You get a million dollars, but you have to live in the poorest country in the world, you have to keep all of it in the local currency and you can only shop locally?