Funny/failish coming out stories

Shroomie

So, I was wondering if anyone had any funny/weird/failish stories about coming out as aro, or anything else you've come out as. I'll start, although some of you may know this one, as I've shared it in the discord.

So I was playing Minecraft with a friend, and I built an aro flag, then told him what it is. Then I defined almost every aro-spec identity I knew when he asked. I also referred to the aro community as we, us, our, etc... His conclusion was I spent all my free time googling random lgbt terms... :facepalm:

I suppose this is pretty fail story - Two thanksgiving ago, ON THANKSGIVING NIGHT, my dad asked me if I was trans (Shitty timing my dude) I wasn't really expecting to come out to him but I told him I wasn't a boy or a girl. Of course, he assumed I was just confused. Didn't have the heart to correct him when he said "love you anyways, but tell me if you ever decide" and then cried and hugged me a bunch. 

Like, wasn't terrible but I could have chosen 100 better ways to tell my father i'm agender, most of which including the question NOT being sprung on me on a holiday

I was hosting some high school students at my college for a scholarship program, and I had informed them that I was living on the rainbow floor (AKA the LGBT housing community at my college). After I had brought them back to my dorm on the rainbow floor, we were joking about the worst ways to fail a scholarship interview, and I suggested flirting with the oldest interviewer in the room.

One of the high school students asked me, "But what if the interviewer's a guy?"

Well...I live on the rainbow floor, so, if that's news for you, buddy...

On the first day of traveling abroad all by myself and being openly nb aro ace, a stranger hit on me.

The first thing I realized was that no matter what actions I took, some people would still recognize me as cis het.

The second thing I realized was that the situation was completely hilarious. The guy's attempt to search for a cute girl to date and have sex with resulted in trying to talk with a genderless aromantic asexual foreigner. Rare experience there kiddo, better luck next time.

• 3 weeks later...

When I explained my orientation to a friend of mine (he's my brother's best friend, known me practically all my life) he was mostly just confused, but we had an intellectual discussion about it, and while he didn't end up fully understanding how it works, when I told him literally everything about romance feels inherently wrong to me, he respected that I am who I am. Anyway, we ended up joking about it after, because at first he just thought: "Okay, wtf is aromantic? Is she a candle? Does she smell good?" :rofl:

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/17/2017 at 1:32 PM, phoenix said:

I suppose this is pretty fail story - Two thanksgiving ago, ON THANKSGIVING NIGHT, my dad asked me if I was trans (Shitty timing my dude) I wasn't really expecting to come out to him but I told him I wasn't a boy or a girl. Of course, he assumed I was just confused. Didn't have the heart to correct him when he said "love you anyways, but tell me if you ever decide" and then cried and hugged me a bunch. 

Like, wasn't terrible but I could have chosen 100 better ways to tell my father i'm agender, most of which including the question NOT being sprung on me on a holiday

Your dad sounds like a sweetheart! Off-topic, at least you probably expected it to come up some time. One time when I was a teenager, I was having Sunday dinner with my grandparents and my nana suddenly asked if I wanted to be cremated O.o I didn't see that coming! xD 

The only 'fail' coming out story I have isn't even a story - I was just waffling on about my feelings to a counsellor I saw a few months ago and I could just tell from her silence that she was a bit sceptical about grey romanticism. Felt kind of awkward, though xD 

I've got not one but two pretty funny coming out stories

The first one was with my best friend. We were talking to each other, when he suddenly asked me if I knew about aromantism. After I confirmed that, yes I knew what it means, he explained to me that he was thinking that he was aromantic (maybe demiromantic)and genderfluid. I don't know why but I suddenly explosed in laughter...I was literally crying.

Of course, he thought that I was making fun of him... But I was just laughing because I was thinking to coming out to him as aromantic and that little shit had beated me to it (but it was also beacause I was relieved that I would be accepted by one of the most important people to me )

Funny thing, he also exploded in laughter when I managed to explain him why I was really laughing :D

The second one was with my twin sister and that was quite epic : I was giving her a little sex education when she asked suddenly 'But aren't the bisexuals, those who date 1 girl AND 1 boy at the same time ?'. I was totally astounded because she said it quite seriously and with a child's innocence that I tought I'd never seen in a seventeen years old.O.o

It hardly needs to be said that I spent all afternoon to explain my sister of all the gender, sexual and romantic orientation known in life, while coming out as a bisexual.

That was quite fun !

Slightly off-topic, but until now I never realised that's why people accuse bisexuals/romantics of being greedy... because they think they literally can't have just one partner at a time :rofl: all this time I've been saying being able to find men and women attractive, in itself, isn't greedy... Hell, I'm straight and barely even want one guy at a time... :P 

4 hours ago, Untamed Heart said:

that's why people accuse bisexuals/romantics of being greedy... because they think they literally can't have just one partner at a time :rofl:

Oh my God, yes, you're so right !

I had so many arguments with those people about bisexuality's " greediness " or how that isn't even a real sexuality, that I can litteraly predict what will be their next reasoning xD 

• 4 weeks later...

I'm thinking about coming out to my dad, saying 'Let's get one thing straight - I'm not. No, I'm not a lesbian.' and watching him trying to guess what am I talking about. It would be pretty funny. 

• 3 weeks later...

Well my coming out wasn't very funny it involved a lot of tears but about a month later I said I had aced a test (acing something is a phrase I use quite often) and my father said 'of course you did because your ace'

Dad jokes an evolving....

Archived