What things are you able to feel? (Like, do you feel anything)

Ted guy

I  feel some things, but they're diluted.

I just don't have the range other people have.

1. I feel platonic love....I have no idea how it would compare to romantic love

2. I get crushes but they are short lived. On average they last a month. I haven't had a lasting crush in 12 years.

3. I do feel physical attraction to women but it's diluted and it fades as I get used to their looks. However, the attraction usually doesn't matter to me (like I won't care that I'm attracted to that person)

4. I do feel enough that I can survive in a relationship with a lot of requirements.

Edited by Ted guy

Hmm, that's a tough one. I have a big trouble with naming my feelings, but I'm sure of one thing - I feel a strong desire for a close relationship with someone, but like not romantically. Maybe a QPR? Or just a close friendship? I'm not sure how to name it, but yeah, I definitely want that.

I don't think I feel any sexual attraction, or at least not to people in my surrounding, and the same goes for romantic attraction. I do however get some kind of platonic attraction (I think I can call it that). I just sometimes feel the need to get closer to a certain person, because I'm amazed by their humor or just their personality in general. I'd also say that I experience aesthetic attraction, and it's similar to your physical attraction.

I might also experience platonic love, because I feel like I love my friends.

P.S. I'm really sorry if I messed up some of the definitions. 

8 minutes ago, Keith said:

Hmm, that's a tough one. I have a big trouble with naming my feelings, but I'm sure of one thing - I feel a strong desire for a close relationship with someone, but like not romantically. Maybe a QPR? Or just a close friendship? I'm not sure how to name it, but yeah, I definitely want that.

I don't think I feel any sexual attraction, or at least not to people in my surrounding, and the same goes for romantic attraction. I do however get some kind of platonic attraction (I think I can call it that). I just sometimes feel the need to get closer to a certain person, because I'm amazed by their humor or just their personality in general. I'd also say that I experience aesthetic attraction, and it's similar to your physical attraction.

I might also experience platonic love, because I feel like I love my friends.

P.S. I'm really sorry if I messed up some of the definitions. 

No worries. That's the answer I'm looking for. I've never researched aesthetic attraction, but it might be what I feel.

Edited by Ted guy
  • Like 1

I feel familial and platonic love and I feel compassion for others and gratitude to them. I've never experienced anything similar to romantic love. I kinda feel sexual attraction in that I feel aroused by people occasionally but I don't really feel interest to do anything sexual with them. I'm very sex favorable though, I like seeing sexual scenes on TV and enjoy hearing peoples sexual experiences.

Edited by Holmbo
  • Thanks 1

I definitely feel platonic love, beyond that it's all fuzzy.

I occasionally have what I think might be weak sexual attraction, but it's fairly infrequent and is easy to ignore, just a brief flash of "wow that's a nice smile" or something like that. I'm not sure if sexual attraction's the right identity for it, because it doesn't make me want to touch the other person or anything, but it doesn't really last long enough for me to sit down and analyze it. 

Likewise, I had what I assumed was a crush on a friend about four years ago, and while it definitely differed from how I usually feel about my friends, I'm not really sure what it was. I didn't want to date him or have sex with him, but I did get nervous around him and jealous of his various girlfriends because he'd talk to them instead of me. I'm not sure if it was a crush or a squish or if it was just me being frustrated that someone I was close to suddenly had more important people in his life, but regardless, it was irritating and I haven't felt anything like that since. 

Basically, a lot of maybes, hence why grayromantic (and gray-ace) fit well, at least for now. 

• Like 1

I do feel both romantic and sexual attraction, though weakly and rarely. I do experience very high aesthestic attraction to people. Though I am aplatonic and do not experience platonic attraction, I still like hanging out with my friends tho.

That sounds like something straight out of a poetry book.

I feel the desire to have a close friendship with someone else, though I sometimes get worried that I am just faking my aro-ness because the desire is so trog, and I have a crisis just to find out in the end that it was a platonic or queerplatonic attraction all along.

I also feel queerplatonic attraction. Though it is hard to distinguish from platonic attraction sometimes. I also think I have experienced aesthetic attraction very rarely. I also experience sensual/ physical attraction, specifically among squishes or very close friends.

And def emotional attraction.

• 3 months later...

So, I feel platonic/familial love. (empathy)
I'm not sure about aesthetic, if it's just if you think someone looks handsome well I guess?

I don't feel romance and if someone ever feels anything towards me, I start internally panicking.

and anything sexual I'm downright repulsed and I feel disgusted.

On 3/7/2023 at 4:54 PM, Rather be Reading said:

I occasionally have what I think might be weak sexual attraction, but it's fairly infrequent and is easy to ignore, just a brief flash of "wow that's a nice smile" or something like that. I'm not sure if sexual attraction's the right identity for it, 

Well what your describing seems like Asthetic attraction, look it up.

I'm anattractional, I don't have any of these different forms of attraction for people. I do have empathy to the point other people's emotions become a burden and drown out my own feelings. Sometimes I get tired of having to carry other people's feelings. As for emotions about the world, there's actually few things that don't have some feeling tied into them.

9 hours ago, SwiftySpeedy said:

So, I feel platonic/familial love. (empathy)

Why empathy in parenthesis? It can exist without platonic or familial love so I'm confused aq you seem to link the two.

In terms of attraction I feel none as I don't think the concept is relevant in how I experience my relationships. For love I don't know, sometimes it seems like I experience platonic and familial, sometimes I feel like it is not the right term, so I'm fluid about it I guess. However I appreciate my friends and I enjoy their company and I wish them the best. For my family, I care about their well-being.

Edited by nonmerci