Neurodivergent Peoples

Lunar Nova

On 4/29/2023 at 11:52 PM, alto said:

My Mom has aphasia.  In my opinion, she should be considered neurodivergent but she isn't traditionally considered so.

On 4/29/2023 at 9:36 PM, EGGHEAD said:

ADHD and anxiety

On 4/28/2023 at 10:06 PM, Cal said:

aha I have BPD and autism 

(my life is a living nightmare lmao)

welcome y'all! sorry i haven't been on all weekend. it was prom weekend

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Eclipse said:

Why do people tell me I'm traumatized?

That doesn't make the fact I can't really remember my childhood trauma does it? 

im unsure, im sorry

On 4/29/2023 at 11:52 PM, alto said:

My Mom has aphasia.  In my opinion, she should be considered neurodivergent but she isn't traditionally considered so.

I think it's because it's caused by something, not just how you were born like autism or adhd

Random thought but I feel like I only have friends because I manage to find other neurodivergent people who don't mind that I have terrible social skills

Edited by AstrophelDragon
  • Like 1

You know you have sensory processing issues when even listening to music in your room at a reasonable volume sends you into an overload

• Like 1

I just came back from the hospital. About the results of a test.

I have epilepsy. And something is still abnormal in my brain cause of that. It's hard to explain. ^^"

This sucks. There's a chance I may grow out of it, but there's also a chance I might not.

Edited by Eclipse
  • Sad 2

54 minutes ago, Eclipse said:

I just came back from the hospital. About the results of a test.

I have epilepsy. And something is still abnormal in my brain cause of that. It's hard to explain. ^^"

This sucks. There's a chance I may grow out of it, but there's also a chance I might not.

OH

OH I AM SO SORRY THAT HAPPENED-

4 minutes ago, DreamXD said:

OH

OH I AM SO SORRY THAT HAPPENED-

No, no. It's ok it's not your fault! It's just something I can't control.

And I'm anxious cause there's a possibility I could have another seizure in the future.

Sometimes I feel detached from my body, disgusted by it, and the disconnection scares me. And I don't know who I am anymore, cause I seem to lose my sense of self, don't feel like myself, and then I don't know who to be anymore, and that leads to me crying begging for myself to come back, and being very frightened. And I don't know what to do.

And I think it's just me being dramatic, overthinking, and stuff.

Just now, Eclipse said:

Sometimes I feel detached from my body, disgusted by it, and the disconnection scares me. And I don't know who I am anymore, cause I seem to lose my sense of self, don't feel like myself, and then I don't know who to be anymore, and that leads to me crying begging for myself to come back, and being very frightened. And I don't know what to do.

And I think it's just me being dramatic, overthinking, and stuff.

*hugs*

1 minute ago, Eclipse said:

It's really scary, and it happened again last night. 

im sorry about that.. do you have a special Item that helps to ground you / bring you back to reality when your overthinking?

Just now, Lunar Nova said:

im sorry about that.. do you have a special Item that helps to ground you / bring you back to reality when your overthinking?

Ths one thing, but I never thought to do that.

And besides, yesterday it might've been overthinking, but the other time I lost my sense of self/identity, and feeling like myself, I wasn't overthinking. And I don't have DID. I know that.

1 minute ago, Eclipse said:

Ths one thing, but I never thought to do that.

And besides, yesterday it might've been overthinking, but the other time I lost my sense of self/identity, and feeling like myself, I wasn't overthinking. And I don't have DID. I know that.

it can often be anything just as long as it gives you comfort, or reminds you 'who you are'