Neurodivergent Peoples

Lunar Nova

40 minutes ago, Rackson said:

Dude, I have diagnosed combined type ADHD and that sh!t affects almost every aspect of my life. I am happy to be a neurodivergent, but ADHD isn't all fun and jokes. The fun part is when my pills kick in and I act like a normal person.

I feel the same, except with autism. I’m not sure who you’re referring to with the “dude”. I’m not trying to sound rude. I’m happy too, but I wish I had pills. Then I might be able to get lunch at a restaurant that’s playing music without crying from sensory overload.

19 hours ago, DragonWithAQuest said:

I feel the same, except with autism. I’m not sure who you’re referring to with the “dude”. I’m not trying to sound rude. I’m happy too, but I wish I had pills. Then I might be able to get lunch at a restaurant that’s playing music without crying from sensory overload.

Lol sorry, I wasn't trying to mean anything by "dude" other than the general public. Sorry. 

5 minutes ago, Rackson said:

Lol sorry, I wasn't trying to mean anything by "dude" other than the general public. Sorry. 

Thanks for the clarification. I was kind of worried that was directed at me. I overreact sometimes.

29 minutes ago, DragonWithAQuest said:

Thanks for the clarification. I was kind of worried that was directed at me. I overreact sometimes.

Its all good man, some days I just hate my neurodivergency more than others. You are all good 🤎

29 minutes ago, Rackson said:

Its all good man, some days I just hate my neurodivergency more than others. You are all good 🤎

I feel you man. It’s… yeah.

16 minutes ago, SwiftySpeedy said:

Why was it that the first thing posted here was pure liquid cringe, 

Didn't you just say something like that over on the teen corner? Whats up with you?

3 minutes ago, Rackson said:

Didn't you just say something like that over on the teen corner? Whats up with you?

Anyone else here have a brain that sorta functions in two modes? Like I’m always just thinking in static, or random “colorful” memories of shows, movies, songs, and ideas just dominate my mind.

Just now, HelloThere said:

Anyone else here have a brain that sorta functions in two modes? Like I’m always just thinking in static, or random “colorful” memories of shows, movies, songs, and ideas just dominate my mind.

I feel that, my adhd kinda just overides my internal voice sometimes, but it all really depends if I took my antidepressants that day and my adhd meds.

14 minutes ago, Rackson said:

I feel that, my adhd kinda just overides my internal voice sometimes, but it all really depends if I took my antidepressants that day and my adhd meds.

Like I’m not even sure I do, I just feel that way but I’ve neither been tested nor voiced my concerns.

49 minutes ago, SwiftySpeedy said:

Why was it that the first thing posted here was pure liquid cringe, 

Cringe is free

28 minutes ago, HelloThere said:

Yup. That happens to me too.

1 hour ago, EGGHEAD said:

why was it that you felt the need to say this

Facts, I could have died happily not knowing this opinion. But he felt the need to trash on someone else's post just for fun. Wtf dude, you did this over on the teen corner as well, did he just not read the other post that he was tagged in? 

10 minutes ago, Rackson said:

Facts, I could have died happily not knowing this opinion. But he felt the need to trash on someone else's post just for fun. Wtf dude, you did this over on the teen corner as well, did he just not read the other post that he was tagged in? 

That isn’t even the first rude post he’s made. I’ve seen multiple.

Since I saw a lot of fellow autistic people and ADHDers in this thread: I want to hear about you guys' hyperfixations/special interests.

What's cool stuff that makes your brain go brrr?

3 hours ago, Maybe Mae said:

Dungeons and dragons, geocaching, memorizing obscure labels, rocks and minerals.

2 hours ago, DragonWithAQuest said:

Dungeons and dragons, geocaching, memorizing obscure labels, rocks and minerals.

I also really like memorizing labels!

5 hours ago, Maybe Mae said:

Since I saw a lot of fellow autistic people and ADHDers in this thread: I want to hear about you guys' hyperfixations/special interests.

With special interests for me it's Fiction Podcasts, B.O.B. TTRPGs, Good Omens in all it's forms (the book is my favorite though), art in general and things that blend genres specifically? I know thats kinda vague but it is a topic I can talk about for ages and am low-key obsessed with and last but not least: Homestuck. I'm serious that webcomic permanently lives in my brain.

My last hyperfixation which was FRUiTS magazine and generally a lot of fashion and fashion history related stuff is kinda in the process of dying down so I think right now I don't have a current hyperfixation 

12 hours ago, Maybe Mae said:

Coding, space (and anything related), Owl House, classical music (and a lot of other music), piano, percussion (and band in general), physics, queer stuff, neurodivergent stuff, books (like just, getting sucked into random books for hours), Zelda, adding wildlife to the Seek app, psychoanalyzing myself, and categorizing things (and categorizing people, which isn't necessarily a great thing to do) (and also this goes along with my queer and neurodivergent hyperfixations)

Oh and Interstellar. Idk how I forgot that one, seeing as it's my pfp

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Maybe Mae said:

I think right now I don't have a current hyperfixation 

Do you (and anyone else) hate the feeling of not having a current hyperfixation? I do bc it just makes me feel kind of lost. And then I'm going through my list of things in my head that I like, and none of them seem interesting atm, and I just have a few days where I don't really do anything because nothing interests me. And I'm tired bc I just spent a bunch of energy burning through a hyperfixation, and it's hard to get started again.

14 hours ago, Maybe Mae said:

I have a new hobby like every 3 weeks, but a lot of creative writing, drawing, music, and things that require physical touch and brainpower (like fixing airsoft guns or working on electronics)

• Like 1