Neurodivergent Peoples

Lunar Nova

16 hours ago, mikulover890 said:

Hey! Idk if im ND since i haven't been diagnosed but I do have some symptoms of autism, ADHD, and more.

20 minutes ago, Eclipse said:

Welcome to the ND peoples chat. ^^

yes welcome!

8 minutes ago, Eclipse said:

Can I call you Lunar?

of course ^^ 

the Nova part of my name is relating to the stars/night, and the Lunar part is an FNAFSB reference anyways lol

6 minutes ago, Lunar Nova said:

of course ^^ 

the Nova part of my name is relating to the stars/night, and the Lunar part is an FNAFSB reference anyways lol

Oh I definitely got the Sb reference, haha. /notsarc

Hi Lunar! How are you? :)

On 5/8/2023 at 1:08 PM, Eclipse said:

Sometimes I feel detached from my body, disgusted by it, and the disconnection scares me. And I don't know who I am anymore, cause I seem to lose my sense of self, don't feel like myself, and then I don't know who to be anymore, and that leads to me crying begging for myself to come back, and being very frightened. And I don't know what to do.

And I think it's just me being dramatic, overthinking, and stuff.

Sounds like you're disassociating. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Does anyone else have sensory issues related to things touching them, especially their hands? I have that, and it means I can’t wear an aro ring even though I want to. Does anyone know of alternatives?

1 hour ago, DragonWithAQuest said:

Does anyone else have sensory issues related to things touching them, especially their hands?

I do sometimes but usually only after getting overstimulated from sound (or occasionally something really itchy touching me). Sound is the main thing for me, and then if it starts getting too much, then everything else starts bothering me and I have to take off my ace/aro rings (which are the most bothersome for me), and then if I'm still bothered, pride bracelets.

Do bracelets still bother you, or is it just rings? Bc you could do pride bracelets (I learned how to make friendship bracelets just so I could make myself pride bracelets). Or necklaces? (maybe beads on a string?)

Or you could find pride pop sockets for your phone, or what I do is just draw paper flags and tape them to my phone (you could probably do something more creative than that but that's my low-effort, obviously queer thing)

Edited by AstrophelDragon
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, AstrophelDragon said:

Do bracelets still bother you, or is it just rings? Bc you could do pride bracelets (I learned how to make friendship bracelets just so I could make myself pride bracelets). Or necklaces? (maybe beads on a string?)

Bracelets still bother me. Necklaces are fine though, so I might go with that.

Dude, I have diagnosed combined type ADHD and that sh!t affects almost every aspect of my life. I am happy to be a neurodivergent, but ADHD isn't all fun and jokes. The fun part is when my pills kick in and I act like a normal person.

• Like 1