Neurodivergent Peoples

Lunar Nova

• Lunar Nova changed the title to Neurodivergent Peoples
  • 2 weeks later...

Does Autism count? I'm probably mildly on the spectrum of autism lol. That's probably why I hyperfixate on topics, though I've worked people facing jobs and gotten a lot better in dealing with people. I will say I don't do well in cultures where people say "let's hang out" and then it's just a nicety and they didn't actually mean it. Not to mention I was raised to find that incredibly rude too.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/20/2023 at 10:31 PM, MulticulturalFarmer said:

Does Autism count? I'm probably mildly on the spectrum of autism lol. That's probably why I hyperfixate on topics, though I've worked people facing jobs and gotten a lot better in dealing with people. I will say I don't do well in cultures where people say "let's hang out" and then it's just a nicety and they didn't actually mean it. Not to mention I was raised to find that incredibly rude too.

yepp! it does count ^^

• Like 1

I have generalized anxiety and ??? who knows what else tbh. I've had some weird symptoms and brain stuff that arent thaaaat typical for anxiety but idk what else it could be. I also think I have ASD traits but I don't think that I'm autistic, or at least I don't connect to the label.

Diagnosed ADHD, suspect dyscalculia which is similar to dyslexia 

Possibly level 1 ASD? I have always been very socially awkward. But it could also be explained by my mental illnesses.

The more I actually look into autism, the more things kinda make sense.

I've always been socially weird. And then add onto that having intense interests and things like hand or arm flapping, swaying back and forth for no reason, picking at things (nails, hair, objects with peeling paint or similar stuff), and like..... bro. 
I also have sensory stuff, but it is on the more mild sorta side. The only times it has ever been very intense has been connected to my anxiety disorders.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, Acearospec said:

👋 hello fellow nd folks. (autistic & mild dyslexia)

Also am somewhat on the dyslexia spectrum and I wish I could just talk more verbally on these sites as opposed to in the written form, oh well.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Acearospec said:

👋 hello fellow nd folks. (autistic & mild dyslexia)

yo 👋

9 hours ago, MulticulturalFarmer said:

Also am somewhat on the dyslexia spectrum and I wish I could just talk more verbally on these sites as opposed to in the written form, oh well.

i mean yeah sometimes me too but sometimes people could have really thick accents that are hard to understand so half half

• Like 2

Okay so, im genuinely trying to listen to the teacher explain one of the "harder" math problems, and my ADHD makes it harder to focus than other 'normal' people and there are two boys at my table talking and I can't focus on the teacher, they're also playing music from their phones and trying to blame it on me (because I always have my headphones on) and it's so annoying

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

13 hours ago, KoconutBounty said:

Okay so, im genuinely trying to listen to the teacher explain one of the "harder" math problems, and my ADHD makes it harder to focus than other 'normal' people and there are two boys at my table talking and I can't focus on the teacher, they're also playing music from their phones and trying to blame it on me (because I always have my headphones on) and it's so annoying

That's the worst. I remember doing homework in the kitchen and my (also ADHD) sister either goofing off with her schoolwork in the next room or playing co-op video games VERY loudly and being unable to concentrate because of it.

8 hours ago, Collie said:

That's the worst. I remember doing homework in the kitchen and my (also ADHD) sister either goofing off with her schoolwork in the next room or playing co-op video games VERY loudly and being unable to concentrate because of it.

its rather frustrating, and if my math teacher knew the music I listen to (cartoon/movie soundtracks) she would know that it wasn't me playing the music

Hello! I wanted to ask, is it okay for me to be active on this topic? 

I'm asking because I've been suspected with autism and ADHD by multiple adults (including a therapist), but I wasn't able to get a proper diagnosis (due to private reasons). Also, I've done a lot of research, and I'm pretty sure that I have both autism and ADHD (I'm aware that self-diagnosis might not be the best thing to do and that it might be inaccurate).

Edited by Keith
  • Like 3

On 3/15/2023 at 9:27 AM, KoconutBounty said:

im genuinely trying to listen to the teacher explain one of the "harder" math problems, and my ADHD makes it harder to focus than other 'normal' people and there are two boys at my table talking and I can't focus on the teacher, they're also playing music from their phones and trying to blame it on me (because I always have my headphones on) and it's so annoying

Felt. The worst thing is when you ask someone a question and then "forget to pay attention to the answer" as I used to call it, but now just realizing I just get distracted. And then you either have to ask again or you have to just pretend like you know what the answer was and figure it out

1 hour ago, Keith said:

I'm asking because I've been suspected with autism and ADHD by multiple adults (including a therapist), but I wasn't able to get a proper diagnosis (due to private reasons). Also, I've done a lot of research, and I'm pretty sure that I have both autism and ADHD (I'm aware that self-diagnosis might not be the best thing to do and that it might be inaccurate).

I don't see why it wouldn't be. I'm diagnosed ADHD, but only "suspected" autistic. Being able to get a diagnosis is a privilege, and even my ADHD diagnosis wasn't really done properly.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Keith said:

It's often pretty hard to get an "official" diagnosis for any number of reasons. Self-diagnosed & suspected are valid & sometimes even more accurate! Welcome. :)

• Like 3

Similar situation here, I’ve never been diagnosed but between myself, research, and conversations with people who have ADHD who’ve asked me about it, I have a lot of reason to believe that I am somewhere low on the ADHD spectrum. I also have diagnosed OCD

• Like 1

12 hours ago, EternallyTBD said:

Similar situation here, I’ve never been diagnosed but between myself, research, and conversations with people who have ADHD who’ve asked me about it, I have a lot of reason to believe that I am somewhere low on the ADHD spectrum. I also have diagnosed OCD

oooh! well welcome anyways!

15 hours ago, Keith said:

you can be active on the topic yes ^^

if you feel like your Neurodivergent but arent diagnosed you can still be active ^^

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...