Advice you would give your younger aro self

Holmbo

19 hours ago, Holmbo said:

For those of you who have been identifying as aromantic, or similar, for a while. What have you learned? Any advice you would give to someone more new to the identity?

If you mean the title (Advice I would give my younger aro self) Invest in bitcoin.

If you mean someone new to aromanticism, I'd say: DONT LISTEN TO THE NAYSAYERS 

23 minutes ago, whatistheromance said:

If you mean the title (Advice I would give my younger aro self) Invest in bitcoin.

Hehe, I was thinking a general thread of sharing personal insights about being aromantic. Wisdom we've learned that might be useful to others.

• Like 1

There are a shocking number of other aros out there and you will find them- you already HAVE found some of them, you just don’t know it yet. You are not alone.

If you dig through the internet enough, aromantic characters do exist, and don’t be afraid to create your own.

You are allowed to be.

That thing you have about not liking a lot of/any romance in the books you read? That’s romance repulsion. Listen to it. Turn off the radio, put down the book- you’re allowed to do that.

Make aro puns. It’s fun. 

Edited by Arowitharrows
  • Like 5

If a label feels restrictive, it isn't the right fit for you. The label(s) that fits you best will feel freeing. Along those lines, don't stress over microlabels. They may help, they may hurt. Just let it come naturally.

• Like 2

do not pathologize yourself. being aro is not a disorder.

On 12/4/2022 at 11:53 AM, whatistheromance said:

there is already a more general thread about "advice to your younger self", so I guess it would be good to have this as an explicit aro-version :)

https://www.arocalypse.com/topic/5228-advice-for-your-younger-self/

Edited by Acecream
  • Like 3

Your not a late bloomer, if you haven’t felt it now odds are you never will because romance isn’t an achievement in a video game that you suddenly unlock.

Never had crushes, feel repulsed by kissing in movies, wonder why you cant be friends with the opposite sex instead of having to marry, why can’t I just chill with the boys in a mancave?

Bro, that’s totally aro, your aro, and your not alone! It’s not easy being aro, it can be hard to find people but don’t give up. There are people waiting to meet someone just like you. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/6/2022 at 6:34 PM, 2 Spirit Cherokee Princess said:

There are many kinds of attraction, what you're feeling may not be love.

Just like the song, I'm curious. What is love?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...