aro-allos, do you have a 'type'?

raye

okay so, at the moment, I identify as aromantic bisexual (though I am questioning both of those), and I get asked this question a surprising amount, and it's honestly something I've never really thought about. It just made me curious what other aro-allos' opinions and thoughts were, because this is part of the reason I'm questioning my bisexuality. Do you have a type? If so, could you explain how that works? and what it means? 

Edited by raye
  • Like 1

yeah, pretty boys, you know, like twinks (who like girls).  i'm attracted to a very small percentage of guys but the attraction can be very strong.  i'm not sure how to answer "what it means" but if you have any other questions i'll do my best!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, aro_elise said:

i'm not sure how to answer "what it means" but if you have any other questions i'll do my best!

I think I kinda just meant what the attraction feels like I guess? How do you know you're attracted to them? idk, I just know I've definitely felt some sort of attraction (definitely not romantic) and I'm just tryna figure it out haha. I really appreciate the answer, though, thank you! :) 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, raye said:

I think I kinda just meant what the attraction feels like I guess? How do you know you're attracted to them?

oh well basically you have sexual thoughts.  and you want to stare at them and it can be distracting, like if you're watching a show or something with a hot person in it.  i've also heard people compare sexual attraction to a craving, which i think is pretty accurate, like imagine there's a spread of food but only certain things really appeal to you.  some may be aesthetically appealing but that doesn't necessarily mean you want to eat it.  you can draw the comparisons to people.  i guess.  

• Like 1

ok types,

the way i see it is there are some people who I see and think, 'hey, I'd fuck them'. not the most poetic description but thats basically how i view things, there are some people who, if they were up for it, I would be up for sex with. Type would be me looking back and realising there are some commonalities between people I would want to have sex with. I guess different people will see types in different ways but thats how I personally make sense of it.

blonde hair for some reason is really common among those people, for some reason I tend to want shorter people. Also really like someone with a bit of meat on them, super skinny is just not my thing.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, roboticanary said:

the way i see it is there are some people who I see and think, 'hey, I'd fuck them'. not the most poetic description but thats basically how i view things, there are some people who, if they were up for it, I would be up for sex with. Type would be me looking back and realising there are some commonalities between people I would want to have sex with. I guess different people will see types in different ways but thats how I personally make sense of it.

To me the situational factors have a much stronger influence than the person or type.

Edited by DeltaV
  • Like 2

I like androgenous people. But Im more often attracted to behavious/values/actions I like the way some people move or the sound of their voice or the way they look at me and I think its sexy to care about things or be passionet or be tallented at something creative. I think attraction goes beyond physical attributes.

• Like 3

On 8/28/2022 at 2:31 PM, BrainWobbles88 said:

But Im more often attracted to behavious/values/actions I like the way some people move or the sound of their voice or the way they look at me and I think its sexy to care about things or be passionet or be tallented at something creative.

Oh yes... regarding actions and behaviors I'm attracted to alternative / artsy / indie / ... people. Like if I see someone in an Art Nouveau exhibition, they get loads of bonus points for attractiveness. 😃 Also if they like Sartre.

• Like 2