Have you ever been 'set up'?

roboticanary

I have one memory from when I was still at school of a few friends deciding to 'set up' this lad I knew with a date. All I remember was it was a terrible idea and failed miserably, then when the girl who was the supposed target of that set up found out who tried it she went ballistic (fair enough, she had no say in this).

Has this sort of thing happened to you or someone you know, and how did it go down. I've always thought of it as quite a dumb idea but it seemed people around me thought it was some genius plan.

Luckily I kept out of that because it seems really awkward.

Anyone else experienced this, how bad was it for you?

• Thanks 1
  • Angry 1

No, thank goodness. and if it ever does, I won’t hesitate to be blunt about my lack of interest. I don’t consider myself to be a mean person by nature, but sometimes it’s the only way to get them to leave you the heck alone.

• Like 2

Don't know if that counts, but when I was 14, all the people in my class decided that me and a friend of mine should be dating. Which was strange because the friend in question really had a crush on me, but were able to go over it; but all the people in my class couldn'y even if it wasn't there business.

It stopped when we entered high school because a lot of us weren't in the same class anymore (including me and my friend).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Omg last year an old friend (who had feelings for me in the past) started showing signs of a crush again and our other friends who at the time didn’t know I was aro tried several awkward attempts to make up click, sadly it ended with me having only one friend out of the group of five. Sad I know they took me being aro as me “making up a sexuality” to not be with them still hurts sometimes.

• Like 2

I had a friend in college try to set me up with a guy. I was supposed to meet up with her for lunch but instead, there was some random dude there. I was pissed off to say the least. I was too awkward back then to be assertive, so I went through with it and even gave him my number when he asked. Afterwards I had to come up with excuses as to why I didn't want to see him again and ended up ignoring his texts/calls. Very uncomfortable experience. I wouldn't let such a thing fly now. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Angry 1

yes actually. I was hanging out with a friend ever day, and our friends who also hung out with us daily kept trying to get us to hook up. 

it never happeend,, because we weren't interested in each other like that. but it put a lot of pressureon my friend, and I guess i was experience the same pressure. needless to say, it shouldn't have een happening, our friends should have been more aware or more direct. them trying to subtly incentivise us over and over and it not working was kind of dumb imo.

• Like 2