Aromantic Bingo

Dodgypotato

Ok, so the rules here are simple. Each poster begins by choosing an aromantic bingo (or asexual if you're ace but not aro). As you encounter the situation, you may edit your post to cross out the corresponding square. I have provided an original aromantic bingo that you may use (constructed by me), or you may find one elsewhere on the web.

RULES:

1. You must only cross a square off if the phrase was said specifically to you! This includes in real life, or in online in a chatroom, or whatever. But you can't just go through a comments section on YouTube or something and cross them all off.

2. Once you have chosen a particular bingo, you must stick with it. If you win, feel free to start again with a new one. I'll keep tabs here how many times someone has won.

3. If you are not aromantic or asexual, of course feel free to choose a bingo that could apply to you.

Note: This thread is to help make light of the stupid comments we receive. Let's have fun with it - I have no intention of offending anyone with this. I obviously don't agree with any of the phrases I've put into the bingo.

WINS:

Here's a blank copy of the aromantic bingo I made:

2ppkf9x.png

And here's my bingo in progress:

33Hvn1L.png?1

Do these comments have to come from people who know you're aro?

Also, you have to host the bingo card on another site, don't you? What sites work for image hosting?

Also, awesome idea. :D

2 minutes ago, Vega said:

Do these comments have to come from people who know you're aro?

Also, you have to host the bingo card on another site, don't you? What sites work for image hosting?

Also, awesome idea. :D

Not necessarily. As long as they are saying something along the lines of what is on the bingo card and is about aromanticism. Even if they've never heard the term.

Imgur is a decent enough site. You even have to make an account, just upload then copy the image location to here.

OK, thanks. I'll start this when I get home. :D

I assume you have to start calculating from today though, and not just use comments you've gotten in the past?

12 hours ago, Dodgypotato said:

Ok, so the rules here are simple. Each poster begins by choosing an aromantic bingo (or asexual if you're ace but not aro). As you encounter the situation, you may edit your post to cross out the corresponding square. I have provided an original aromantic bingo that you may use (constructed by me), or you may find one elsewhere on the web.

RULES:

1. You must only cross a square off if the phrase was said specifically to you! This includes in real life, or in online in a chatroom, or whatever. But you can't just go through a comments section on YouTube or something and cross them all off.

2. Once you have chosen a particular bingo, you must stick with it. If you win, feel free to start again with a new one. I'll keep tabs here how many times someone has won.

3. If you are not aromantic or asexual, of course feel free to choose a bingo that could apply to you.

Note: This thread is to help make light of the stupid comments we receive. Let's have fun with it - I have no intention of offending anyone with this. I obviously don't agree with any of the phrases I've put into the bingo.

WINS:

Here's a blank copy of the aromantic bingo I made:

Hide contents

2ppkf9x.png

And here's my bingo in progress:

Reveal hidden contents

33Hvn1L.png?1

"You don't know what you're missing out on"

"Don't give up hope"

"Sex without romance? Heartless/disgusting"

"But aren't you lonely?"

"I feel bad for you"

"But you just haven't met The One yet?"

I don't quite have a bingo using your card, but I'm pretty damn close.

The people that I have outright told my orientation to have been supportive, which is awesome.  However, there is a much larger group of people that although I haven't officially come out, I've hinted that I don't want to get married or have sex or get into another romantic relationship. And a lot of these people will immediately start trying to comfort me, saying that I'm find the one (TM) someday. 9_9

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Question: If the comment is directed to an ace aro group of eight people that you are part of, does that count? I mean I didn't go on a youtube channel or something just to cross things off, it actually didn't happen on the internet but in real life, but it was directed at me, but also not me alone...

"Were you abused?"    

"How do you know if you haven't tried it?"  

"I feel bad for you."    

"Don't give up hope."

"But you just haven't met the one yet."

"You're just a late bloomer."

"It's just a phase."

No bingo.

One I've gotten that you didn't list:

"You can't love?"

That feeling when you win bingo in three separate iterations all at the same time...

I got all of the left column, the middle row, and the diagonal between top-right corner and bottom left. Honorable mention to "you're so lucky" which I've gotten like five times from the same guy over the last two months. 

• 2 years later...

Archived